PDA

View Full Version : The 105th Experience....

Crawlin
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/z28kid98/chaps.jpg

It looks like some are keeping track, hahahaha

What "interesting" things have you seen this weekend so far?

Flicktitty
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
150000000000000000000000000000000000 LOUD ASS 19second bikers go past my house like clockwork. and i live an hour from milwaukee.

Lash
08-29-2008, 02:25 PM
^ you are retarded....seriously.

Karps TA
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
I drove around alot today, and I'm convinced there is a law that you can't have a girl on the back of a Harley under 200lbs. I literally drove by a thousand bikes over the last 2 days and I've seen maybe 3 good looking girls. The rest are all grandmas. IS AARP co-sponsoring this event.

I figured if anything I'd see alot of hot chics on the back of bikes.

juicedimpss
08-29-2008, 02:29 PM
These people are hilarious.

boostaddict14
08-29-2008, 02:31 PM
it is kind of ludacris to say the least.

Fast SVT
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
haters...if crotch rockets had the following the harleys did then one day you to could have events like this.

There are only two bike companies with this type of respect and following....Ducati and Harley.

In fact Ducati and Harley have talked about merging in the past with Ducati saying HD would be the only company they would consider.

Silver86
08-29-2008, 02:44 PM
amazingly, i havent seen any more bikers than i usually see here in town..

Karps TA
08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm seriously not trying to hate. I don't remember the 100th having so many older people. But maybe I forgot. I'm just shocked the amount of over 55 people I am seeing on bikes. I'm not seeing alot of younger riders for the most part. And really no hot women. Maybe they come out at night?

Fast SVT
08-29-2008, 02:51 PM
What you are seeing is what HD is struggling with as far as marketing.

Primary people who ride are those who can afford the bikes. And those people are 40+.

HD is trying to change that with their "Dark Custom" marketing campaign and bringing in the VROD. But with poor sales on VRODS they are realizing that their marketing to the younger crowd won't come to benefit them for another 5-10 years when that younger crowd starts making money to buy the bikes HD is trying to sell them.

HD needs to either make a bike that costs 9K or less that is still cool or accept the fact that old fat people will continue to be their primary customers.

Case in point...the Cross Bones, Rocker models, and VROD are meant for the 35 and younger crowd, unfortunately those are some of their worst selling bikes because no one can afford them in that demographic range.

Only bike selling well for HD that is targeting the younger crowd is the Nightster, and that is because it is the only reasonably priced bike under 10K.

Luckily for HD there are plenty of old people with money buying up their touring models and they have a big hit on their hands with what they did with the Street Glide (touring bike that still looks cool).

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Haven't seen a whole lot of bikers in the Rayscene,
I did see a bike down by the lake with a nice looking woman on the back, from New Yawk.

Nick
08-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Harley bought M.V. Agusta the other day

0TransAm0
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
amazingly, i havent seen any more bikers than i usually see here in town..

x2 with the exception of one group of about 10-15 bikes other than that its been the same as any other day.

CobraSnake
08-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I saw one of the hottest chicks i've seen in a while at a biker party I was at yesterday. She was with a big hairy biker guy that looked waaaaay out of her leauge.

Mark

Al
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
haters...if crotch rockets had the following the harleys did then one day you to could have events like this.

There are only two bike companies with this type of respect and following....Ducati and Harley.

In fact Ducati and Harley have talked about merging in the past with Ducati saying HD would be the only company they would consider.

Harley has been working with Rotax and Ducati lately.

BAD LS1
08-29-2008, 05:38 PM
That would be the shit since my two fav bikes are Harley and Ducati. However im more a fan on the HD's with some technology which is the V-Rod Family and Buell. However i seen a new Sportster XR1200 on the road which i though was a europe only bike??? Bad ass bike for being old school!

pOrk
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM

Its funny that you mention that, since Harley just bought out two sport bike manufacturers. They are also using Rotax motors in their new buells, I suppose they would never use someone elses engine in one of their bikes either! Is your mouth located next to your asshole, or is it one in the same?

mrz28M6
08-29-2008, 06:30 PM
u smoke them dan-o? lol

70 cutlass 442
08-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Harley has been working with Rotax and Ducati lately.

at least their motors will keep oil in the crank, unless of course poncho dan does an oil change on it.

Rocket Power
08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
at least their motors will keep oil in the crank, unless of course poncho dan does an oil change on it.

Bagshot:rolf

Rocket Power
08-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Apparently the traffi laws are different in Mississippi , I had 4 of them next to me at a stop sign in the right turn lane and all 4 went straight at the same time rather than taking turns and LETTING THE PERSON(ME) IN THE CORRECT LANE GO.
Guess add that to the exhaust law they don't need to obey:goof

Karps TA
08-29-2008, 06:53 PM
What you are seeing is what HD is struggling with as far as marketing.

Primary people who ride are those who can afford the bikes. And those people are 40+.

HD is trying to change that with their "Dark Custom" marketing campaign and bringing in the VROD. But with poor sales on VRODS they are realizing that their marketing to the younger crowd won't come to benefit them for another 5-10 years when that younger crowd starts making money to buy the bikes HD is trying to sell them.

HD needs to either make a bike that costs 9K or less that is still cool or accept the fact that old fat people will continue to be their primary customers.

Case in point...the Cross Bones, Rocker models, and VROD are meant for the 35 and younger crowd, unfortunately those are some of their worst selling bikes because no one can afford them in that demographic range.

Only bike selling well for HD that is targeting the younger crowd is the Nightster, and that is because it is the only reasonably priced bike under 10K.

Luckily for HD there are plenty of old people with money buying up their touring models and they have a big hit on their hands with what they did with the Street Glide (touring bike that still looks cool).

I can see that. I mean first off I'm not much of a bike guy. I'd love to have one but I know I'm too immature for one, even still at 35. But besides the Vrod nothing they make appeals to me much. I do really like custom bike and the choppers I see around. But those big touring bikes I see, make me think of 2 wheel station wagons.

I'm not sure what prices Victory bikes are set at, but I have a Victory dealer a block from my house and I think those bikes look pretty sweet. Same with the ads I see for I think it's Honda's Star brand? might have that name wrong. They just come off to me like younger looking bikes.

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Loved this little tidbit from the Milwaukee Sentinel.

FRIDAY, Aug. 29, 2008, 6:49 p.m.
By Journal Sentinel staff
Outlaws out in force on south side

Among the thousands of Harley enthusiasts enjoying this weekend are members of the Outlaws motorcycle club who were out in force tonight on a deadend street on Milwaukee's south side.

Up to 100 motorcycles are parked in front of a building painted in black and white with a skull and crossbones and the Outlaws logo.

Numerous bikers are milling about wearing regalia identifiing them as members of the notorious motorcycle club. While the street is apparently not officially closed, passage is informally discouraged by a handful of stern looking burly motorcyclists.

u_say_go
08-29-2008, 08:28 PM
FRIDAY, Aug. 29, 2008, 6:49 p.m.
By Journal Sentinel staff
Outlaws out in force on south side

Among the thousands of Harley enthusiasts enjoying this weekend are members of the Outlaws motorcycle club who were out in force tonight on a deadend street on Milwaukee's south side.

Up to 100 motorcycles are parked in front of a building painted in black and white with a skull and crossbones and the Outlaws logo.

Numerous bikers are milling about wearing regalia identifiing them as members of the notorious motorcycle club. While the street is apparently not officially closed, passage is informally discouraged by a handful of stern looking burly motorcyclists.

another thread filled with girls b1tchin' about the bikes! instead of coming on here and venting, take your complaints to the Outlaws clubhouse and ask to speak to Terry, he'll listen to you. :devil
to the dude with the blue grand am, or grand prix, or gto....are you sure those bikes knew they were in a race with you?

DSMDuDE
08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Haha u didnt post a pic of the other tally box on the whiteboard..

Swordfish
///// ///// ///// /////

Swordfish = whores!

Yellow2k1vette
08-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Living not far off the freeway, I absolutely love the constant roar of bikes rolling by the past couple days. :shades

Kudos to them, riding in from all over to pursue their hobby, and enjoy a vacation to a town that should be damn proud to host them. And getting perfect weather to boot. Awesome!

If you're any sort of car enthusiast, you should be praising them, not bitching about them. They are the same as you, believe in the same independence as you, dislike Police interference as much as you...with just slightly different tastes.

I get a virtual "free pass" anytime I visit Bowling Green too. And yes, I use that to my advantage. :devil

:haveabeer

07ROUSHSTG3
08-29-2008, 09:07 PM

since when have harleys kept oil anyplace other than garage floors and parking lots :confused

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-29-2008, 09:12 PM
another thread filled with girls b1tchin' about the bikes! instead of coming on here and venting, take your complaints to the Outlaws clubhouse and ask to speak to Terry, he'll listen to you. :devil
to the dude with the blue grand am, or grand prix, or gto....are you sure those bikes knew they were in a race with you?

I ain't mad about a thing, to each their own, I live and let live.
And the loud bikes don't bother me a bit, I been driving a Jeep Cherokee sporadically with nothing more than an exhaust manifold for the better part of a year so the Harley's seem quiet.
As for the gang, being a criminal myself I don't mid em a bit. :thumbsup

lilws6
08-29-2008, 09:19 PM
I probably see any where from 50 to 250 bikes go past work EVERY DAY. That doesnt include the ones i can hear go by on the free way. I will be over joyed when they all leave. To top it off theres a bunch staying at the hotel up the road from work so i see those every day this weekend whoopy for me :(

michelle
08-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I've just seen a bunch from all over the country. A few with Alaska plates and a Canadian plate jumped out at me (more Alaska then Canada). Pretty cool! Granted some could have been trailered here and such, but still cool that people from all over the world are here!

mynameismike65
08-29-2008, 10:38 PM
I wish there was a Mustang gathering in Detriot for the 45th to the scale of the Harley one.........granted theres like 1/3 of the following but I still think it would be fun........I love the Harley festivities going on this weekend.

Crawlin
08-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Actually, I've been having a blast now.

So you always have this thought that there are huge assholes on HD's... and some may very well be. But a group of just huge burly guys pulled up in the lane next to me as well as my mom and dad on the other bike. During the redlight, the front guy just turned to my parents and said "awesome" that you guys are riding together. Just was nice as hell. Now realize, my parents are all bundled up in gloves and full face helmets and full leather jackets, and this guy has just a vest and bandana and sun glasses. Plates were from AZ i believe. The whole group gave a thumbs up to my parents as they rode by(mom likes to make sure my pops stays at the speed limit, haha)

Can't believe how many people complain though. How many buzzsaw imports go roaring by in that same time frame. I'd say just as equally as many. LOTS of bikes around my area. I have to pass Hal's on the way to work. Nothing short of amazing how the same couple designs of bikes, can end up all looking so different. That was the most fun, was looking at how everyone individualizes their bikes. TONS of subtle differences that were making them all look great

Lash
08-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Living not far off the freeway, I absolutely love the constant roar of bikes rolling by the past couple days. :shades

Kudos to them, riding in from all over to pursue their hobby, and enjoy a vacation to a town that should be damn proud to host them. And getting perfect weather to boot. Awesome!

If you're any sort of car enthusiast, you should be praising them, not bitching about them. They are the same as you, believe in the same independence as you, dislike Police interference as much as you...with just slightly different tastes.

EXACTLY!

Al
08-30-2008, 12:03 AM

Mine isn't leaking...yet!

I have to say this one:

How can you tell when a Harley is out of oil???

...it stops dripping!

Waver
08-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Haha u didnt post a pic of the other tally box on the whiteboard..

Swordfish
///// ///// ///// /////

Swordfish = whores!

you are also missing the "contest" for the best mullet.....

I did see one thing that was scary, a 45 year old woman with assless chaps on...and nothing under them........ugggggggggggggg:alcoholic

WhatsADSM
08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Yea the whole HD thing doesn't appeal to me. But I don't have a problem with them, a little loud but then I remember how much money they deposit into our local economy :)

Fast SVT
08-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Its funny that you mention that, since Harley just bought out two sport bike manufacturers. They are also using Rotax motors in their new buells, I suppose they would never use someone elses engine in one of their bikes either! Is your mouth located next to your asshole, or is it one in the same?

Not as close as yours is since I never alluded to them never buying anyone other than Ducati.

Fast SVT
08-30-2008, 12:37 AM

I get a virtual "free pass" anytime I visit Bowling Green too. And yes, I use that to my advantage. :devil

Exactly!

People bitching are those that don't have the same love of anything cool with a motor...even funnier yet is how loud their cars are.

If you are not having fun this weekend it is because you are a tool. HD folk are some of the easiest to get along with, especially during national events.

Anyways, Foo Fighters concert was awesome. Even though a lot of their songs are kind of pop rock like, they sure know how to rock out and all the older HD folk were pleasantly surprised.

Sprayaway Fox
08-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Bud came back from Iraq and bought I think it is a MV. He was joking about owning a harley. I guess they bought them out for like 200 mil to getm out of debt he said. Bike is one of a kind. It sounds like a ferrari. Was joking around to go to a harley place and ask for parts for his bike.:rolf:rolf

Syclone0044
08-30-2008, 03:09 AM
Anyways, Foo Fighters concert was awesome. Even though a lot of their songs are kind of pop rock like, they sure know how to rock out and all the older HD folk were pleasantly surprised.
Do your recall the setlist or at least some highlights? Could you get a decent view or was it pretty packed?

LIZMO
08-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Flicktitty was on his way up last night from Delavan to the Hwy 100/Layton ave. And counted 289 Bikes going south.

GTSLOW
08-30-2008, 12:11 PM

Seriously....http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album86/owned.thumb.gif x100000

michelle
08-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Was at the parade this morning - lots of cool bikes and I am not really a Harley person!

b4mytm
08-30-2008, 10:19 PM
The parade was truely awesome!
We were lucky enough along with Feature pony and my Brother to be in it today.

I have been on Corvette cruises during the big Corvette shows in Bloomington,been in local parades with my Dad's cars and been on quite a few Power Tours........this topped them all.

Nobody in my family ever owned a Harley,but watched the bikes ride in every 5 years and tried to make it to the parades.

This is the first anniversary that I have been able to actually enjoy the events from the seat of a Harley.
I could not believe how many people came out to see all of the bikes in the parade giving us high fives and holding up signs all along the way.

Seems to me that alot of Milwaukee folk enjoy the Harleys coming into town.

Fast SVT
08-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Seems to me that alot of Milwaukee folk enjoy the Harleys coming into town.

Most do simply because it is pretty cool, not many cities in the US claim host to parties like this once every 5 years.

pOrk
08-31-2008, 09:22 AM
There are A LOT of freaking bikes around town. Its pretty cool seeing so many bikes on the freeway on my way to and from work in west bend, its a never ending stream of riders of all types shapes and sizes.

lilws6
09-02-2008, 06:38 PM
my 105th exp. "On the 31st i got pulled over on my way to work doing the speed limit because I dont' have a front plate on my saturn whoopty do i think as i sit next to the free way and hundreds of extremely loud and anoying bikes drive by. Life for me suck and anouther fixit ticket i need signed :("

juicedimpss
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
my 105th exp. "On the 31st i got pulled over on my way to work doing the speed limit because I dont' have a front plate on my saturn whoopty do i think as i sit next to the free way and hundreds of extremely loud and anoying bikes drive by. Life for me suck and anouther fixit ticket i need signed :("

so it should be ok for your illegal car to be out driving,but not loud bikes?:rolf

Voodoo Chick
09-03-2008, 01:04 AM
I haven't really seen anything TOO outlandish...........Just the usual biker stuff, chaps, leather, fat, sunburned beast-like women, and wookie-like men. Good times.

-stew-
09-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Exactly!

People bitching are those that don't have the same love of anything cool with a motor...even funnier yet is how loud their cars are.

If you are not having fun this weekend it is because you are a tool. HD folk are some of the easiest to get along with, especially during national events.

Wow. I eat, sleep, breathe, and shit anything with wheels. I'm a professional mechanic, 63B, two very large auto-related tattoos. I have Snap-On salt and pepper shakers, a Jesse James West Coast Choppers toolbox on my dresser in my bedroom. The tools have never come out of there foam drawer liners. It's a big, expensive knick-knack. I'm a bit of a gear head.

The fact that 75%, or more, of these people in town are simply posturing separates them from me. These people are just here for the party. Riding status symbols. A sign to everyone that they've "made it."
Having a HD is the hip thing to do. They are trendy. They are poke-mon cards for adults.

People that have never busted a knuckle, don't know about the AMF days, have never owned any other brand. They don't know that Honda makes close to as many bikes here in America as HD. Calling me a ***** because I gear up when I ride. Flip me off as I sit at light. Look me up and down and give me the stink eye at a light, (then stall your bike when the light goes green.) These people aren't bikers, they are yuppies. Milwaukee is their Disney Land. They are filled with a blind allegiance and unfounded elitism.

I don't see the appeal in being in a group of people like that. I take too much pride in my bike to want one that has followers like that. I got over fourty hours in polishing the lip on my rear wheel. I like being different. I went riding sunday with a group of ZRX's, seven including mine. Aside from them I have only seen five other ZRX's this year. I saw ten last year. HD's are as common as Cavaliers.

PhvCk that.

I know some really cool people with HD's. I've had guys on HD's compliment my bike, shit, a few have absolutely fawned over my bike. These guys understand the passion, they have it. But they are outnumbered, at least, four to one. And for every ass-hat with a HD who know nothing about his bike (or mine, or any ones bike) there is an ass hat who ain't got a bike, running his mouth. Jap bike this, and crotch rocket that.

And PhvCk you too.

Fast SVT
09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Lots of pent up anger in this one ^

Again, this whole ***** fest was started by those of you with metric bikes talking about HD's. This is funny considering you all complain non stop about how HD riders do not respect your bikes.

And I stand by my assessment that if you didn't have fun this weekend they you were trying hard not to.

Syclone0044
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
The fact that 75%, or more, of these people in town are simply posturing separates them from me. These people are just here for the party. Riding status symbols. A sign to everyone that they've "made it."
Having a HD is the hip thing to do. They are trendy. They are poke-mon cards for adults.

People that have never busted a knuckle, don't know about the AMF days, have never owned any other brand. They don't know that Honda makes close to as many bikes here in America as HD. Calling me a ***** because I gear up when I ride. Flip me off as I sit at light. Look me up and down and give me the stink eye at a light, (then stall your bike when the light goes green.) These people aren't bikers, they are yuppies. Milwaukee is their Disney Land. They are filled with a blind allegiance and unfounded elitism. Wow, that was a good post. :thumbsup I definitely agree with you on the idea of people posturing or showing off status symbols, vs. real hot-rodding where your ride represents a lot of your pride, labor, and personality.

I hope you don't mind if I make a mental note of your phrase "They are filled with a blind allegiance and unfounded elitism."

pOrk
09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
And I stand by my assessment that if you didn't have fun this weekend they you were trying hard not to.

OR you were at work, like me :)

Memphis
09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow, that was a good post. :thumbsup I definitely agree with you on the idea of people posturing or showing off status symbols, vs. real hot-rodding where your ride represents a lot of your pride, labor, and personality.

I hope you don't mind if I make a mental note of your phrase "They are filled with a blind allegiance and unfounded elitism."

Now before I start, I like your truck. BUT...if I pulled up along side you, where would I see your pride, labor and personality? It looks to me like any other syclone on the road. It may sound different and be faster, but I wont see that on the road right? My bike may be the same basic platform as others, but you will not see another that looks the same. Could it be duplicated? sure, but I also have considerable labor (and no, NOT from breaking parts) and personality in my bike, and I am proud of it too. Do I care if you dont like it or will it hurt my feelings? Not at all, I didnt build it for you. or the next guy. or anyone else for that matter. Hot rodding does not mean being fast, it means exactly what you said. Taking pride in your ride, two wheels or more regardless of public opinion.
and again, I like syclones...nice truck!

Irish
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Do I care if you dont like it or will it hurt my feelings? Not at all, I didnt build it for you. or the next guy. or anyone else for that matter. Hot rodding does not mean being fast, it means exactly what you said. Taking pride in your ride, two wheels or more regardless of public opinion.

Good quote, now text me back about the t/a wheel!:thumbsup

Crawlin
09-03-2008, 03:37 PM
stew....

i saw your group of riders go past my and my mom/dad at the stoplight to the pick and save on his bikes sunday afternoon. You were racing by on 83 just right above/south of Hwy16 overpass in Pewaukee

I was wondering if you were in that group. Not too often you see a whole GROUP of those bikes cruising together

Crawlin
09-03-2008, 03:47 PM
My dad's the "yuppie" harley rider. He's ridden many old kawi dirt bikes back in the early 80's when we first moved to WI. He's had his 84 nighthawk when I was a kid too. Then that all went away because LIFE and PRIORITIES(like me and my sister) got in the way. Now that he's "made it", who's to say he can't enjoy that "elitism" that is owning a harley. he rides FULL geared as does my mom. not once did he get looked at wrong. we got waves all over the place. hell as crappy as I felt riding a VROD, which to me is a fake harley, i still got waves and smiles etc...

That was his wish. He has stuff to own it. Owned the bike for a year, has under 1k miles on the new one. On the used vrod, he's put maybe 300 miles on it TOPS in the 6 months he's owned it. Owned the Z06 for a year and had 1300 miles on it.

So ******* what? So they didn't labor through the pain of owning a POS? He's individualized his bikes to his liking. But he won't put any pipes on them because he doesn't want to be obnoxious with the sound.

So because he owns his own construction company and works 7am-7pm and doesn't ride daily, that makes him less?

It's like if you aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel in life, eating ramon, only having the bike as transportation, and never had a year in which you didn't have a bike, that means that person is "posturing". I'll agree to disagree. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the post

Likes being different, yet owns a foxbody mustang.... OH pot??? its the kettle :) J/k

Syclone0044
09-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Now before I start, I like your truck. BUT...if I pulled up along side you, where would I see your pride, labor and personality? It looks to me like any other syclone on the road. It may sound different and be faster, but I wont see that on the road right? My bike may be the same basic platform as others, but you will not see another that looks the same. Could it be duplicated? sure, but I also have considerable labor (and no, NOT from breaking parts) and personality in my bike, and I am proud of it too. Do I care if you dont like it or will it hurt my feelings? Not at all, I didnt build it for you. or the next guy. or anyone else for that matter. Hot rodding does not mean being fast, it means exactly what you said. Taking pride in your ride, two wheels or more regardless of public opinion.

Guys keep in mind -Stew- said "75%" not "100% of bikers". So he/we are not saying this applies to everyone. And I'll admit right up front, I don't know jack shit about bikes or bike culture. I'm just sympathizing with Stew's sentiment (and this applies to a lot more than just bikes) that some people will run out and buy something just to be like everyone else and/or join a club of owners, and they show it off ("Everyone look, I've got one too now!") and we're supposed to be so impressed.

Well new stuff is cool I guess but doesn't represent the same commitment as having a grand vision and sticking with a hot rod project from beginning through completion, through the tough times and the smooth times, reaping both the rewards and the pitfalls of that project.

It's like a guy with a brand new car and a set of "rims". Wow, like anyone with the money (or credit) couldn't do the same thing in 30 minutes of their time. I think that is what Stew was alluding to and what I am agreeing with. The "price of entry" to this club is so low that it's hard to be impressed (as a hot rodder).

Memphis
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Good quote, now text me back about the t/a wheel!:thumbsup

LOL, PM sent. You happy now?:goof

lordairgtar
09-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I had fun this past weekend, really!

Yellow2k1vette
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
The fact that 75%, or more, of these people in town are simply posturing separates them from me. These people are just here for the party. Isn't that kinda the whole point?

Motorcycle manufacturer hosts a big party every 5 years and invites all of it's customers to attend.
And many of them actually do come to that?
Oh the horror.

If it existed...What would you do if Kawasaki invited you to their next big reunion, filled with cool things YOU and your ZRX peers would be interested in? Say it was held at Road America too. Would you consider attending that, or just shrug them off too and proclaim anyone that goes is "just going for the event"? While you sit at home polishing your....eh, rear wheel. :durr

It's pretty well-known the Harley crowd generally likes to be loud, drink, socialize, listen to rock music and hang out with nekkid chicks. God bless them all. :thumbsup

They do understand if your idea of a party differs...but I can assure you most H-D riders were also less concerned about "their image" than you seem to be so worried about theirs.

Irish
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Isn't that kinda the whole point?

Motorcycle manufacturer hosts a big party every 5 years and invites all of it's customers to attend.
Oh the horror.

If it existed...What would you do if Kawasaki invited you to their next big reunion, filled with cool things YOU and your ZRX peers would be interested in? Say it was held at Road America too. Would you consider attending that, or just shrug them off too and proclaim anyone that goes is "just going for the event"? While you sit at home polishing your....eh, rear wheel. :durr

It's pretty well-known the Harley crowd generally likes to be loud, drink, socialize, listen to rock music and hang out with nekkid chicks. God bless them all. :thumbsup

They do understand if your idea of a party differs...but I can assure you most H-D riders were also less concerned about "their image" than you seem to be so worried about theirs.

Nicely put! If you hate harley's you live in the wrong state!

-stew-
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Lots of pent up anger in this one ^

Correct. If an Air Force desk clerk called you a vagina you would be upset, would you not? Well, I get upset when people on bikes with the quality found in HD bikes talk shit about my bike.

if I pulled up along side you, where would I see your pride, labor and personality? It looks to me like any other syclone on the road.

His pride and personality are expressed in him owning a Syclone. A lot of f-bodys, mustangs, ect out there. Driving something odd shows alot of personality. And for the record, something like a Syclone can be bone stock with no loss of pride compaired to something that some one labored intensly over.

My bike may be the same basic platform as others, but you will not see another that looks the same. Could it be duplicated? sure, but I also have considerable labor (and no, NOT from breaking parts) and personality in my bike, and I am proud of it too. Do I care if you dont like it or will it hurt my feelings? Not at all, I didnt build it for you. or the next guy. or anyone else for that matter. Hot rodding does not mean being fast, it means exactly what you said. Taking pride in your ride, two wheels or more regardless of public opinion.

Amen brother. Exact same could be said about my bike. If you don't like it, walk on passed. I see a car/bike I don't like my friends and I will nit-pick/critique that shit all day. I'm not gonna say shit to the owner because that's ride, that's what he's into. Big ups to him for building it. If I like what I see, and I see the owner, I'll compliment him. I'd like the same respect.

stew....

i saw your group of riders go past my and my mom/dad at the stoplight to the pick and save on his bikes sunday afternoon. You were racing by on 83 just right above/south of Hwy16 overpass in Pewaukee

I was wondering if you were in that group. Not too often you see a whole GROUP of those bikes cruising together

I don't recall racing by anyone. We passed a few slow motorcycles that afternoon. I don't recall hitting any real fast speeds on 83, I don't even think we broke triple digits.

It's like if you aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel in life, eating ramon, only having the bike as transportation, and never had a year in which you didn't have a bike, that means that person is "posturing". I'll agree to disagree. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the post

Likes being different, yet owns a foxbody mustang.... OH pot??? its the kettle :) J/k

I think you re misunderstaning my point. To me a motorcycle is so much more than tranportation. I don't know that I can clearly make my point. Maybe my own passions are so strong that cannot understand this "tunnel vision" that seems so prevelent in the HD crowd.

In regards to the Foxbody comment: I was waiting for that. I know there is nothing unique, odd, or individualistic about owning a fox. But it is a cheap way to get into the hot rod game. I don't even like the looks of Foxes that much. A '90 IROC is a WAAAAYYYY better looking car than my '90 LX hatch. But due to a greater parts availability and a few design features; I chose a Foxbody. When it's done it will be different than most Foxes, (ZOMG!! NO COBRA R'S?? WTF!?!?!) with one thing I have NEVER seen on a Fox, or any car actually. And this one thing will fix a major (in my mind) design flaw with them.

Guys keep in mind -Stew- said "75%" not "100% of bikers". So he/we are not saying this applies to everyone. And I'll admit right up front, I don't know jack shit about bikes or bike culture. I'm just sympathizing with Stew's sentiment (and this applies to a lot more than just bikes) that some people will run out and buy something just to be like everyone else and/or join a club of owners, and they show it off ("Everyone look, I've got one too now!") and we're supposed to be so impressed.

Well new stuff is cool I guess but doesn't represent the same commitment as having a grand vision and sticking with a hot rod project from beginning through completion, through the tough times and the smooth times, reaping both the rewards and the pitfalls of that project.

It's like a guy with a brand new car and a set of "rims". Wow, like anyone with the money (or credit) couldn't do the same thing in 30 minutes of their time. I think that is what Stew was alluding to and what I am agreeing with. The "price of entry" to this club is so low that it's hard to be impressed (as a hot rodder).

Amen, brother. A-gaddamn-men! That ain't your car, that shit's the banks!

Isn't that kinda the whole point?

Oh the horror.

Things such as The Rockerbox show and the Slimey Crud Run interest me more than an event such as you describe. Events that focus on riding and having an unusual bike are more relevant to my interests than being part of the "brotherhood" of people that own the same brand motorcycle as I.