PDA

View Full Version : There really are nice people out there!

michelle
08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
So Adam and I went to the pet store this morning just as they were opening at 10 a.m. When you first walk in, there are typically cages with kittens in them. Adam and I usually play with them for a bit, then get the things I need for my zoo of animals (fish, chinchillas, and ferrets), and then leave.

As we were playing with two white and orange kittens, a lady walks in and starts to play with two gray kittens in the cage next to the orange/white kittens. She makes a comment to us on how she would love to take them home, but already has 3 cats at home and has one in particular that wouldn't get along well with other cats if she brought them home. She then asked us if we would take them if she bought them. Adam and I both laughed and jokingly said we would.

The lady then went and bought the cat food that she needed, checked out, and came back to us again and asked us again. And said she was serious. I then asked Adam if he would buy me the other one so we wouldn't separate the two orange/white kittens. He said he would! I was shocked since he is a dog person and I didn't think he would want cats until we had our own home and whatnot.

The lady asked us again and one thing led to another and she bought me one of the cats! And then Adam bought me the other one!

So I now have two 1.5 month old kittens! I'll take some pictures later, as they are still getting used to their new home. My ferrets and chinchillas must be so used to other animals, that they barely noticed the two kittens sniffing out their cages.

Now I just need to figure out some names for them. They are both male. I thought maybe "Jack" and "Roush" to continue with the car-related names to keep Adam happy.

But I just can't believe how nice people can be! Pet store kittens/puppies are never the cheapest route either (although I typically adopt from the humane society, but even their prices have gone up - and I completely understand why they need to increase their prices anyways). But I don't think it was the money for this lady, I just think she wanted to do a good thing.

I'm sure when I am older and more financially stable with house/career and stuff, I will definitely do the same.

ETA: Oh yeah, anybody have cat toys/furniture they want to get rid of/sell?

nismodave
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/Gbmarti/simpsons_CrazyCatLady.gif

Irish
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I vote Roush and Steeda

michelle
08-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I vote Roush and Steeda

Ooh I like that! Would go well with my ferrets - Shelby and Saleen!

Car Guy
08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
I thought Adam would have put up more of a fight, but that's the power of love I guess (ask me how I know:goof ).....

Now this ===> :pics

wikked
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/Gbmarti/simpsons_CrazyCatLady.gif

:rolf :rolf :rolf

spot on... spot on.

Irish
08-29-2008, 01:57 PM
:D lol

Poncho
08-29-2008, 02:44 PM
how about 500 and taurus?

scaleracer
08-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Nice story! And that's cool you guys kept the cats together.. :thumbsup

Darrell
08-29-2008, 03:01 PM
ETA: Oh yeah, anybody have cat toys/furniture they want to get rid of/sell?

Yes as a matter of fact. We have a Cat Mansion, 4 litter boxes and a cat carrier. I'll make you a smokin' deal on everything. Its only been used for a month. We got rid of the cats because they would rather piss on the floor than in the litter boxes....

84hurst
08-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I vote for Hurst (go figure :goof) and Shifter! :thumbsup

Karps TA
08-29-2008, 04:19 PM
So do you get alot of older women offering you free pussy? lol

Cool story though, very nice of the lady

whitepony
08-29-2008, 04:53 PM
aww! I want to see pics.

awsomeears
08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Hurst & Shifter

michelle
08-29-2008, 05:48 PM
:D lol

You guys are soooooo funnnnnnyyyyyyyy! Too bad it's too big. That could so be my next avatar. (:

michelle
08-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes as a matter of fact. We have a Cat Mansion, 4 litter boxes and a cat carrier. I'll make you a smokin' deal on everything. Its only been used for a month. We got rid of the cats because they would rather piss on the floor than in the litter boxes....

Thanks! PM sent!

A baby gate would be great too, if anyone's children have grown up and you don't need one anymore. I have one, but it's too short. I need the "long version" for a wider opening.

CobraSnake
08-29-2008, 05:51 PM
You guys are soooooo funnnnnnyyyyyyyy!

nevermind

BAD LS1
08-29-2008, 05:53 PM
MTX and AOD? Yamahammer and Vulcan?

Poncho
08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
shitty and rusty?

GRAMPS SS
08-29-2008, 07:50 PM
aww! I want to see pics.

forget the pics...lets go to silk and get some pussy?....:thumbsup

just kidding..:devil

pnad
08-29-2008, 08:20 PM
How much is a pet store cat these days?

Holeshot
08-29-2008, 08:47 PM
But I just can't believe how nice people can be!

I'm not surprised Michelle. When you pay it forward like you did with me last weekend it comes around. Karma does exist and she's not always evil.

michelle
08-29-2008, 09:53 PM
How much is a pet store cat these days?

These were $150 each and on "sale" for $80 each. They are actually older then I thought, as they got their first shots at the beginning of the month but were born in May. (:

My sister took some pictures, so I will get those emailed to me tomorrow. My ferrets and chinchillas don't even care about them already.

michelle
08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm not surprised Michelle. When you pay it forward like you did with me last weekend it comes around. Karma does exist and she's not always evil.

Possibly. Funny story actually. As I returned back from Walmart tonight, I pulled around to the back of my apartment to park. I see an older man walking around. As I get out, I asked the man if he was looking for something. He told me he was lost. I asked him where he was from and he told me Horicon and that he was going to go talk to the pastor at a Lutheran church on Adelman. I am not too familiar with the area, so I took him to my neighbors apartment and asked him. He didn't know either, so we looked online and found an address on Tremont and Adelman for a Lutheran chruch. The man asked us if we could take him there. So I told the man I would. Now realize that this isn't too long after what happened to my Grandpa so right away I was thinking that I would want somebody to help my Grandfather just like this man needs. It was dark already, so I know it is always harder to find things when it isn't so light out.

I told the man I would drive with him and that Adam would be in my car behind us so I could get back to my apartment. So I got in the guy's Freestyle with a map my neighbor printed out. I told the man to turn around (would require a simple Y-turn from where he was) and then go back out the driveway he came in (since there is only one driveway into our apartment parking lot). I should have seen this as a big clue right away that this man should not be driving. But anyways, a few forward-reverse maneuvers later, we get to the end of the driveway. I told the man to turn right on Greenfield. Well he goes straight to the median and is about to turn right into oncoming traffic. I told him to stop right there and convinced him in the nicest manner I could that we should really switch spots and I would drive.

So yes, the vehicle was stopped in one lane and half in the median, but I just knew this man couldn't drive any longer. So we switched spots and got one car mad who didn't realize we were stopped and there was a situation, but instead of going to the right lane, waited in the left lane and politely honked its horn (I love people like that - you would think they would see an old man and me helping him walk around the vehicle and realize something was up, but whatever, honking is cooler).

But anyways, I get in the driver's seat and I talk to the man as I follow the map to the church. He originally told me he was from Horicon when he was in the driveway of the parking lot of my apartment, so I asked him if he had family around here. He then said he has lived here in Brookfield since '64. He was a bit disorientated, so I wasn't really going to dig further for information.

We get to the parking lot of the church and we both get out. I then asked if he knew where the pastor of the church. Well then his story changed. Now he said he lived across the street. I asked him which house and we couldn't see it from where we were. I got back in my car and was just going to call the cops because he was really disorientated and should not be driving.

So as I am talking to the dispatcher, he starts up his car and again, goes forward then backwards. He also kept turning his headlights on and off. You could tell he was confused again. Eventually he finds his way out of the parking lot after almost backing into a garage and then going forward out into a ditch thinking that was the driveway of the parking lot. He then slowly makes his way north and turns into a driveway of a house. He gets out and makes his way into the house.

A little bit later, two officers show up and I explain the story to them and they told me they would talk to him and see if he was okay. They also told me that the plates of the Freestyle did match up to the house.

It just really brought back memories about my grandfather and what happened with him not too long ago.

I told Adam as we were driving back to my apartment that I really do refuse to get old. I just don't want to get to that point.

GRAMPS SS
08-30-2008, 12:00 AM
150.00 for a kittten..........no frecking way is sean gettting one,....

Car Guy
08-30-2008, 01:02 AM
If you want something more than a 'barn cat' it's sometimes (usually) cheaper to just buy them 'done'. All three of our cats were free but they needed scheduled maintenance to one degree or another, the average was at least $150 each. Not to mention the ones you get at a pet store are usually more normal, which is NOT the case with one of our ‘free’ ones.....:rolleyes:

For names I say Piston and Caliper.....

Heat Seeker WS6
08-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Camshaft and Sprocket

GRAMPS SS
08-30-2008, 08:44 AM
2 cams and 4 cams

Car Guy
08-30-2008, 09:45 AM
SOHC and DOHC.....:rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
08-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Too bad your not looking for dogs, name them Talon and Eclipse and they can walk themselves :rolf

scaleracer
08-30-2008, 10:33 AM
What about v6 and v8?? :goof

awsomeears
08-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Cheap & Whore ?
Pear & Necklace ?
Dirty & Sanchez ?

Sorry I had to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats nice of you to help the old man, I love old people !!! there full of story's and story's.

michelle
08-30-2008, 01:19 PM
We went with Roush and Otis for the cat names. My sister wanted to name one, so we went with Otis because of that really cute older movie "Milo and Otis".

RanJer
08-30-2008, 01:27 PM
150.00 for a kittten..........no frecking way is sean gettting one,....

Adoption is free at the Wash Cty humane society right now for cats 1 year and older.. that way theyre all up to date with shots and stuff...

michelle
08-30-2008, 01:32 PM
We got two cats from the Washington County Humane Society when I was younger after our family cat was hit by a car. They both had to be put down due to old age/health within the past 6 months. They were both 15+ years old too.

I definitely recommend that place, especially with what they have going on right now. I didn't think I would be getting a cat until we got our own place and would then have gone to the humane society, but the situation just kind of worked out.

Holeshot
08-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Thats really cool of you and Adam to do that Michelle. People including my self tend to get to aggravated with the elderly and just blow them off sometimes. You did the right thing. He shouldn't be driving and you may have saved several lives.

Oh we named our cats Pil and Lil from the Rugrats.

indyzmike
08-31-2008, 10:38 AM
After getting our first cat(Tonkinese) from a breeder, we got our second(Tabby) from the Waukesha Humane Society by the airport, and the third(Tabby) from Second Hand Purrs, down by Mitchell Airport on Howell. The second and third cats were just fine, like the first one.

michelle
08-31-2008, 07:31 PM
And here are some pictures of Roush and Otis. (:

Otis (with Adam's parents' dog Murphy):
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/083108/DSCF0396.jpg

Roush in front, Otis in back (yes, there is a 1971 Honda Z50 in my apartment):
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/083108/DSCF0398.jpg

Roush:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/083108/DSCF0391.jpg

A cool marking on Otis:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/083108/DSCF0390.jpg

Playing:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/083108/DSCF0377.jpg

Adam and Roush:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/083108/DSCF0375.jpg

Holeshot
08-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Good looking Kittens.

Reverend Cooper
08-31-2008, 11:14 PM
Roush how cool,we have a baby gate if you guys need it

whitepony
09-01-2008, 01:44 AM
aww they are really cute!:0

Prince Valiant
09-01-2008, 02:06 AM
This fits the vein of this thread;

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/funny-pictures-cat-drives-an-invisible-racecar.jpg

Cute cats though...house is too small for me to want another animal at the moment though...two dogs is enough for me, lol.