PDA

View Full Version : SD vs MA for forced induction

Russ Jerome
08-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Im not a big fan of Ford electronics (lack of live data) but if you were going to FI an old 302 carbed motor and wanted to cobble a turbo to feed it air what year/system factory harness/intake would you grab?

Can any of the Ford factory MPFI platforms be cheaply emulated or chipped for forced induction or do they require a piggyback setup for boost/timing ?

Syclone0044
08-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't know either but it might be worth checking this site out. www.moates.net I use his equipment to emulate on my late 80s/early90s turbo GMs and I know he has Ford stuff too. He's pretty much the King of DIY EFI gadgets.

Darrell
08-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Im not a big fan of Ford electronics (lack of live data) but if you were going to FI an old 302 carbed motor and wanted to cobble a turbo to feed it air what year/system factory harness/intake would you grab?

Can any of the Ford factory MPFI platforms be cheaply emulated or chipped for forced induction or do they require a piggyback setup for boost/timing ?

89-93 mass air system is the easiest to work with, especially with boost and is also very friendly to modifcations.

fivonut
08-29-2008, 11:14 AM
A lot of guys on turbomustangs.com are using a megasquirt. It's a standalone setup. Otherwise like Darrell said mass air is easiest but there are tuners that work with the DA1 speed density EEC IV.

Russ Jerome
08-30-2008, 11:44 AM
89-93 mass air system is the easiest to work with, especially with boost and is also very friendly to modifcations.

Others agree with you while doing research, thanks.

This is just an old 72 Bronco I scored, I have a pile of good turbos here and
Im a cheap (poor) b@stord.

Darrell
08-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Others agree with you while doing research, thanks.

This is just an old 72 Bronco I scored, I have a pile of good turbos here and
Im a cheap (poor) b@stord.

"A pile of good turbos" will make any man smile. :D

Irish
08-30-2008, 12:09 PM
<--- wishes he had a pile of turbos!