PDA

View Full Version : Found a new toy over the weekend.

ND4SPD
08-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Went up to the Eau Claire area for an annual fishing trip with some old buddies. We made the mistake of stopping by a local gun store and well... I wasn't able to leave without this...

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc93/xND4SPDx/Gunz/M1_2.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc93/xND4SPDx/Gunz/M1_1.jpg

A little .30-06 fun. Plus, everyone loves the 'TING' of the stripper-clip being ejected. :)

The store owner gave us a complimentary "Osama" target to try it out on. Needless to say... Osama didn't make it. :D

Rocket Power
08-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice:thumbsup

MurphysLaw88GT
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
What manufacturer and Serial range is it....is it a mixmaster?

The CMP has good deals on M2 Ball for that thing, all brass cased boxer primed.

You will not regret the purchase.

ND4SPD
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
It's a Century Arms recon, and yes, I'm aware of CAI's reputation. Not sure on the serial range... don't have it in front of me. My brother just picked up a bunch of empty clips for me and while doing so found out about the CMP for ammo. So, I'll probably be picking up some there... should keep me entertained for a while. Now, I just have to get an assault rifle and a tactical shotgun before November and I should be set for a while. :D

WSD_Jim
08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Nice!!! They are fun to shoot for what they are and how much they go for.

STANMAN
08-29-2008, 12:13 PM
It's a Century Arms recon, and yes, I'm aware of CAI's reputation. Not sure on the serial range... don't have it in front of me. My brother just picked up a bunch of empty clips for me and while doing so found out about the CMP for ammo. So, I'll probably be picking up some there... should keep me entertained for a while. Now, I just have to get an assault rifle and a tactical shotgun before November and I should be set for a while. :D

Don't feel bad, although Century Arms does have a VERY well deserved bad reputation, they do get SOME guns right once in awhile, I hope yours is one of them!!!! If you have shot it already and all is good, then you paid 1/4 of the price of the real thing and get 100% of the enjoyment, nothing wrong with that!!

ND4SPD
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I've put about 80 rounds through it so far. It doesn't look like it was fired much since the reconditioning. The action was pretty tight through the first few clips (so much to the point that it wasn't fully cycling. By the last few clips though it was starting to loosen up. Now I just need to surf around and find a breakdown guide so I can clean it and get it all lubed up. :) I've been looking around for a Garand for several years now. This was the first time I'd even seen one (CAI or otherwise) up close for less than $1000. I wasn't looking for a museum piece anyway. I wanted something I could take out and shoot and have fun with.

MurphysLaw88GT
08-29-2008, 05:01 PM
It has the CAI receiver yes??? or USGI

ND4SPD
08-29-2008, 06:41 PM
It has the CAI receiver yes??? or USGI

It's stamped C.A.I. I'll try to get some closer pix tomorrow.

MurphysLaw88GT
08-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Lubriplate is your friend