PDA

View Full Version : warm up your house- Insulation

BLUTO
12-11-2003, 02:05 PM
I have ALOT of insulation from a big job.

These are BIG bags of R19 for the cold midwest winters/hot summers. With a builders discount, these bags cost $45+tax With your big BCM(Ineedxmasmoney) Discount, Im letting em go for $30/bag merry-xmas!
Heres the specs: Knauf R19 thermal/accustical fiberglass insulation.
Unfaced- 6 1/2" x 24" x 96" 9batts/bag 144sq.ft.per bag
Faced-6 1/4" x 23" x 48" 18batts/bag 138sq.ft.per bag
I have: 7 bags of the unfaced
4 bags kraft(faced)
This is enough insulation to do a few big attics, a huge garage, or remodel an entire house.
This stuff pays for itself in a few winter months, not to mention how much warmer,quieter, and cooler in summer too. good stuff
raymaryg@hotmail.com thanks

Max 93
12-15-2003, 07:42 PM
I got excited for a minute. But I need insulation to fit 2x4 walls. You don't have any of that do ya?

BLUTO
12-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Max 93
I got excited for a minute. But I need insulation to fit 2x4 walls. You don't have any of that do ya?

As is, this stuff would be too thick for 2x4 framing. But this is what I used in my walls as well as floors/ceilings. Its real easy to peel/pull off 2-3" to desired thickness. Can be cut w/scissors or rasor knife & straight edge. Its a little bit of trimming for 16" on center walls- but the price is right. I also have big rolls of plastic, good for eliminating drafts $15 new; $20 for both. One roll could do a whole house.