PDA

View Full Version : printer ink

Korndogg
08-27-2008, 05:03 PM
where is the best place to get printer ink? i have gotten it online before but i cant remember where and there are so many sites that you can buy it from. just wondering.

05caddyext
08-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I use 123inkjets.com. They have good prices and shipping is fast.

Korndogg
08-27-2008, 05:21 PM
ok thanks! ill try that place out. i can get double for what i would normally pay!

ND4SPD
08-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Beware non-manufacturer ink though... I've had to replace print heads in three different printers because someone used a crappy off-brand ink in their printer.

4eyedstang
08-27-2008, 07:23 PM
ebay FTW!!

lordairgtar
08-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I wastold not to use the refills you find everywhere. Is this true?

05caddyext
08-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Depends on who told you that. If it was some guy at a store like best buy then they are full of it. They want to sell as much over-priced product as possible. If someone had a bad personal experience with a refill kit, I would trust that over the store. Ink is expensive, it sucks. The replacement cartridges for my printer are only $15 less than a brand new printer with ink. Thats crap.

ND4SPD
08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Depends on who told you that. If it was some guy at a store like best buy then they are full of it. They want to sell as much over-priced product as possible. If someone had a bad personal experience with a refill kit, I would trust that over the store. Ink is expensive, it sucks. The replacement cartridges for my printer are only $15 less than a brand new printer with ink. Thats crap.

Best Buy would tell you to use their off brand inks... which are filled with the same crap you find at refill stores. Actually I don't know if they're still selling their own brand anymore... because (big surprise) there were problems with it clogging up print heads.

The problem with Refills or off-brands is you simply do not know the quality and purity of the ink. If you have *ANY* impurities or foreign objects in the ink it can (and will) ruin the print head. The ink droplets are heated and sprayed through (virtually) microscopic nozzles, so it doesn't take much to clog one up. On some printers (like some HPs) the print head is built-in to the ink cartridge so if the head jams up all you're out is an ink cartridge. Now if you have a printer where you can buy the individual colors (like Canon) and you clog the print head, you have to replace the print head. I think the Epsons allow you to change individual colors as well, but the print heads are impossible to change, so if you clog one up, you might as well buy a new printer.

SlowMotion
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
123inkjets.com ftw :headbang