PDA

View Full Version : Excited about the new season

moels
08-26-2008, 08:49 PM
My little guy took a pic of me and my two older boys before we headed to Football picture day. My oldest is on the right, he is a hard hitting free safety for the 7th grade team ala Chuck Cecil. The other is is a Deion Sanders type shutdown corner for the 6th grade team. Ok, maybe I exagerate a little, but they are both starters and are fairly good. lol

Oh, and that's my ugly ass in the middle. I'm in my 2nd year as coach of the 6th grade team and will be coaching for many years to come.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/moels/100_1297.jpg

flyin_blue_egg
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
you would think by the height of you middle son that he would be the hard hitting FS not the shut down corner. hope both of them have succesful seasons

Silver86
08-27-2008, 02:01 PM
hope they both have great seasons and have fun... i, myself, cant wait for the football season to kick off...

flyin_blue_egg
08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
how did you get into coaching football.....once i get settled down i would like to get into coaching either football or baseball

Flicktitty
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
for the 1st time in i think Ever i'm actually looking forward to football.

moels
08-27-2008, 08:27 PM
how did you get into coaching football.....once i get settled down i would like to get into coaching either football or baseball

I played for the program when I was a kid and then in high school. The coaches all pretty much knew me and I work with a couple as well. I had been asked for a few years if I would coach, but with going through a divorce a few years back I had to get settled before I could commit that much time. I made the call last year and the staff welcomed me with open arms. I wish I would have started 10 years ago, it's such a blast seeing the kids grow from the start of the season to the end. I swear I'll be coaching until I retire. :headbang

moels
08-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Btw - I was at Dunham's in Grafton yesterday buying school shoes for the boys and they happened to have a Favre Jets jersey. I wanted the green one, but all they had was 2 white's. I bought it, and I like it. lol

Prince Valiant
08-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Greendale HS gets the jump on the rest of the state by having our first game tomorrow night against a tough milwaukee lutheran squad.

moels
08-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Greendale HS gets the jump on the rest of the state by having our first game tomorrow night against a tough milwaukee lutheran squad.

Port takes on Plymouth on Friday night. My nephew seems to think they might have a pretty good team this year. I was worried he might take a beating this year, but he says the offense should be pretty good.

Prince Valiant
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Port, it seems, ALWAYS plays plymouth to open the season, lol.

I had Port as my darkhorse to win Division III last year...they had a fairly easy bracket to get through...ultimately I had them losing to Wisco in the finals. Port was tough last year...and the north shore was unusually stacked...even when whitefish bay fields a good team, you know the NSC is bringing it.

Did you know a former Port grad/player is coaching at Grafton this year? Brian Chossek (son of coach chossek) from my graduating class left the D-coordinator position from WISCO to take the head coaching spot there. What's funny is that I've talked to him several times when they've come and played us, and I never once recognized him...despite the fact he looks nearly the same as he did his freshman year of HS, lol.

moels
08-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Port, it seems, ALWAYS plays plymouth to open the season, lol.

I had Port as my darkhorse to win Division III last year...they had a fairly easy bracket to get through...ultimately I had them losing to Wisco in the finals. Port was tough last year...and the north shore was unusually stacked...even when whitefish bay fields a good team, you know the NSC is bringing it.

Did you know a former Port grad/player is coaching at Grafton this year? Brian Chossek (son of coach chossek) from my graduating class left the D-coordinator position from WISCO to take the head coaching spot there. What's funny is that I've talked to him several times when they've come and played us, and I never once recognized him...despite the fact he looks nearly the same as he did his freshman year of HS, lol.

Plymouth always has a decent team, nothing great but a good tune up for the regular season. The North Shore in my opinion is one of the toughest conferences in the state. They are always well balanced with Homestead, Gtown, Port and Cedarburg. Lutheran and Bay could contend as well.

Grafton's head coach is actually Ben Chossek. He played at a state D3 college that won a nat'l championship. Can't remember which school, may have been whitewater, but not sure. I'm sure he will improve that program somewhat, they've already poured money into a weight room and other things.

Prince Valiant
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Plymouth always has a decent team, nothing great but a good tune up for the regular season. The North Shore in my opinion is one of the toughest conferences in the state. They are always well balanced with Homestead, Gtown, Port and Cedarburg. Lutheran and Bay could contend as well.

Grafton's head coach is actually Ben Chossek. He played at a state D3 college that won a nat'l championship. Can't remember which school, may have been whitewater, but not sure. I'm sure he will improve that program somewhat, they've already poured money into a weight room and other things.BEN, that's right...lol.

The only thing I don't like about the NSC is having several D3 teams up against the monster D1 program like Homstead and other strong D2 teams like G-town and Cedarburg...makes it harder for the D3 schools to get to the playoffs...but once there, they tend to make good runs.