PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Energy ( Health nuts enter !!! yea you Chris )

awsomeears
08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
As of late my Energy level is Low, I'm not sure if my food intake has anything to do with it or what. I wouldn't say I'm a health nut, but I eat decent :thumbsup

I don't drink coffee or redbull in the AM, I usually grab 1 apple and 1 banana every day. For lunch I'm a sandwich type of guy, you know Ham, Turkey and PBJ's here and there.

For supper well its hit or miss I will admit that, at times ill eat another sandwich or so. Other times ill have a meat product with steamed Veggies.

One thing I do know and I have been saying it for the past year is my bed is worn out and needs replacing. I'm going to purchase a knock off temperpedic, my bro has one and seems to be the same stuff.

I would like to speak with a personal trainer or nutritionist to see what the hell I'm doing right and what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Another thing I would like to do is get some blood taken and see what my levels are as a whole, I know there is a name for that but I forgot.

I need my MoJo back :rolf

CobaltSSTuner
08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Try a multi-vitamin (sp?) I'd go to GNC or the Vitamin shop and just talk to them about some multi-vitamins, for the most part they know what they are talking about and can steer you in the right direction. Thats what I did, and I dont have any complaints. Also, a new matress could be a good call!

WickedSix
08-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Cut the carbs up the protein take a multivitamin and make sure you keep hydrated :thumbsup that whole glycemic index thing works wonders for energy check into it.

mynameismike65
08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
How big are you? Height/Weight ect......approximately how many calories would you say you take in in a day? From what you described as your daily food intake it seems like very little for a grown man. Try adding a bowl of healthy cereal in the morning to your fruit (smart start,raisin bran,ect) also for dinner try to get some more hearty meats in there.......chicken breast/pasta ect. Carbs will give you energy and more protien will as well. Stay away from sh*t like candy bars/soda....useless calorie/sugar intake and will make you feel more tired/shi*ty. Also exercising does improve energy levels when done in a routine.....plus it gets you in good shape ;)

awsomeears
08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
How big are you? Height/Weight ect......approximately how many calories would you say you take in in a day? From what you described as your daily food intake it seems like very little for a grown man. Try adding a bowl of healthy cereal in the morning to your fruit (smart start,raisin bran,ect) also for dinner try to get some more hearty meats in there.......chicken breast/pasta ect. Carbs will give you energy and more protien will as well. Stay away from sh*t like candy bars/soda....useless calorie/sugar intake and will make you feel more tired/shi*ty. Also exercising does improve energy levels when done in a routine.....plus it gets you in good shape ;)

I'm 5' 10" 140 lb. Ive always been skinny from day one :thumbsup same as my Dad and Grandpa, of course in there early 30's they put on weight and I'm sure the same will follow for me.

And possibly I'm not taking in enough calories :eek:

Prince Valiant
08-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Given that's nothing much has changed recently, one would think that something medically could be going on. It's one thing if you're diet or activity level has changed recently...but this doesn't really appear to be the case. Things that come to mind is mono (it's going around it sees) and anemia (which can result from not enough iron/red meat in the diet for some and sometimes other causes). But there is a huge gauntlet of conditions that could cause fatigue.

When we have people who are actually working out and experiencing this, it can be a classic sign of over-training; So are you? Another possible cause IF you're working out could also be boredom...if you're doing the same thing over and over and over, your mind literally wants to shut-down rather than deal with repetitive workout routines.

Lack of exercise can be a problem too (can make it harder to get good sleep due to exercise being an important controller of serotonin regulation).

Of course, it might not be just workout routines...it might be with overall life routines too.

Sometimes exhaustion can be a response to stress...so are there any new or growing stressors in your life?

One thing that might be beneficial is a change in you're diet too...sometimes too much of the same thing causes boredom, yes...but also can cause malnutrition. Sometimes we limit certain foods we need because we're slaves to routine...and this can cause fatique feelings.

You're going to replace your mattress anyways, so get a good one...that could be the difference right there. Sometimes, those old mattress get to the point that everytime you move, or what not, it's uncomfortable enough to wake you ever so slightly, keeping you from the deepest parts of you're sleep that's crucial to feeling rested...this is true. It would NOT be the FIRST thing I'd change since it's expensive; but certainly since you want a change there anyways, do it.

Another possibility is depression too...many may suffer it's effect without feeling it per se. They'll complain of fatigue, irritability, lack of appetite, etc. and this is something I think a good doctor would explore despite you're generally upbeat demeanor...so expect question related to that.

The purpose of this post isn't supposed to help you definitively find the cause of you're fatigue...but to get the wheels in your head working in helping you begin to find the cause. Obviously it's been around enough to concern you, so you should DEFINITELY see your doctor...and he/she can begin to look for clues that'll help find the answer to your conundrum.

Good luck with this Brad :thumbsup

mynameismike65
08-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Given that's nothing much has changed recently, one would think that something medically could be going on. It's one thing if you're diet or activity level has changed recently...but this doesn't really appear to be the case. Things that come to mind is mono (it's going around it sees) and anemia (which can result from not enough iron/red meat in the diet for some and sometimes other causes). But there is a huge gauntlet of conditions that could cause fatigue.

When we have people who are actually working out and experiencing this, it can be a classic sign of over-training; So are you? Another possible cause IF you're working out could also be boredom...if you're doing the same thing over and over and over, your mind literally wants to shut-down rather than deal with repetitive workout routines.

Lack of exercise can be a problem too (can make it harder to get good sleep due to exercise being an important controller of serotonin regulation).

Of course, it might not be just workout routines...it might be with overall life routines too.

Sometimes exhaustion can be a response to stress...so are there any new or growing stressors in your life?

One thing that might be beneficial is a change in you're diet too...sometimes too much of the same thing causes boredom, yes...but also can cause malnutrition. Sometimes we limit certain foods we need because we're slaves to routine...and this can cause fatique feelings.

You're going to replace your mattress anyways, so get a good one...that could be the difference right there. Sometimes, those old mattress get to the point that everytime you move, or what not, it's uncomfortable enough to wake you ever so slightly, keeping you from the deepest parts of you're sleep that's crucial to feeling rested...this is true. It would NOT be the FIRST thing I'd change since it's expensive; but certainly since you want a change there anyways, do it.

Another possibility is depression too...many may suffer it's effect without feeling it per se. They'll complain of fatigue, irritability, lack of appetite, etc. and this is something I think a good doctor would explore despite you're generally upbeat demeanor...so expect question related to that.

The purpose of this post isn't supposed to help you definitively find the cause of you're fatigue...but to get the wheels in your head working in helping you begin to find the cause. Obviously it's been around enough to concern you, so you should DEFINITELY see your doctor...and he/she can begin to look for clues that'll help find the answer to your conundrum.

Good luck with this Brad :thumbsup

WOW very informative post......alot of great points made

HITMAN
08-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Has your thirst increased by a lot lately? Frequent urination? If so, you NEED to get your blood sugar checked, right away. Diabetes is no joke and can come on quite quickly if you were already border-line.

awsomeears
08-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks Chris you got my wheels turning, I know a few that you mention are not a issue and others that in all honesty may be a % of me being tired. Mom's a nurse so ill talk to her tomorrow and see what she says.

I gotta mix it up a bit is the 1st step, I know I have been a robot with work and doing the same shit over and over. I never was like that till this summer doing extra work after work.

My diet or just intake of food needs to change or polished slightly.

I always wanted to tape myself through a whole night of sleep to see if I really toss and turn like a Mad Man. Could be that I'm a restless sleeper, like I said before you got my wheels turning.