PDA

View Full Version : Nice 65mph Scooter, 60mpg!

Russ Jerome
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Ya its mine, its discount price so all I can offer members is free
beers when they buy it:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/814365628.html

Gonna kick myself next time I fill up the truck but I've got
2 projects Im picking up and need the extra cash. Go out
and buzz the bikers with the stereo cranked up, 1/2 the
bikes out there dont have a CD player :)

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Man that thing is de-lux, no need for luck on this good sale. :thumbsup

Car Guy
08-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Just curious but what year is it...???

Russ Jerome
08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow that would have been important to put in the ad!

Its a 1985, I see I didnt put the "clear wi title" in there
as well :(

DirtyMax
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Do you need a cycle license to ride this gem?

Russ Jerome
08-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Your suppose to.....Im ashamed to admit after several bikes and years of riding I havent brought myself to have some person with less experience test me at the DMV.

A permit and a helmet is all you need to be legal for the summer, the man just wants your money, he dont care how you ride long as he gets your hard earned money.

Car Guy
08-27-2008, 09:00 AM
the man just wants your money, he dont care how you ride long as he gets your hard earned money.

And that IS the truth along with many other situations in life...!!! Learned that REAL quick myself living in the City of Milw for the last 9 years.....:rolleyes:

I seriously would buy that thing if I had the money, because I've always wanted a 'spree' or similar. The fact that it’s a Honda doesn’t so much matter than the fact that it screams the 1980s, and that’s probably why I like it so much…..:goof

lilws6
08-27-2008, 12:37 PM
does that add really say over powered for a beginner??? :goof

Russ Jerome
08-27-2008, 04:37 PM
does that add really say over powered for a beginner??? :goof

Yes it does! Put a girl who is going to college on it as her first powerd ride and I'll bet she finds a wall or car to crash into the first day! My smart ### service writter with years or riding all kinds of motorsports tried hitting a wall as he twisted the throttle while turning, think he expected a 50cc moped acceleration :0 They do handle different than a bike or cycle, weight is centerd under your arse. Two trips around the block with a seasoned rider and they will be doing stunts.

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow thats crazy that it has decent power, is it bone stock engine wise ?
Those hideaway headlight models were pretty few and far between.

CobaltSSTuner
08-27-2008, 06:37 PM
thats a sweet ride! if I had the cash, i'd be all over it

lilws6
08-27-2008, 08:46 PM
thats awsome i wanta stunt scooter

Russ Jerome
08-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow thats crazy that it has decent power, is it bone stock engine wise ?
Those hideaway headlight models were pretty few and far between.

Basicaly stock, the Honda Elites where the benchmark for everything built since. Newer scooters are emissions compliant and have guidlines for power/weight. The mufflers inlet is ground out of the flange (see mods online) and the first stage of the muffler flame cut. The valves are set "one slot" tight on both the intake and exhaust and the new carb is the Keihen generic 125-200cc "power flow" like you see on e-bay. Good MPH and MPG, I wouldnt have posted it here if I wasnt 100% happy with it (read: dont buy it cuz I want to keep it, keeping the wifes money freed up!)

1984 was the first year, 125cc followed by the 86-?? models of the 150's. They built 250cc models but people quickly realized they were no quicker with less mpg.