PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like Monday mornings.....

Car Guy
08-25-2008, 10:39 AM
So I see an ad on CL http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/811339345.html and send him an offer. Yeah I know it's a Taurus but here's how it went down.....

EMAIL SENT TO HIM WITH THE OFFER

Hello,

I am willing to give you $xxx for the SHO.....

~Justin :thumbsup

HIS RESPONSE

Wow thats really generous of you....

Considering I can get at least $400 for it by junking it out.

I think you better step up to the plate a little and open up that wallet if you want it.

I don't know why I even waste my time with people like you......

FINALLY (FOR NOW) MY THOUGHTS ON HIS RESPONSE

'People like you', you're kidding right...???

I gave you my best offer, if you don't want people making best offers DON'T PUT 'OR BEST OFFER' IN THE FU€KING AD...!!!

I think you need to look in the mirror when saying 'people like you', because ironically YOU ARE THAT PEOPLE (whether you want to believe it or not). All I did was send you my best offer and you come back with this shitty response. Here's my phone number just incase you have anything else ridiculous to say ===> 414-559-3003......

Have a nice day,
~Justin :thumbsup :thumbsup

Do you think he'll call me...??? :devil

Goat Roper
08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Somebody ask him why the title isn't transferable and insist on an answer

Crawlin
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Two Reasons:

1)Stolen

2)There is a title loan lien against it, and he can't pay it off

Car Guy
08-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Maybe that's why he was a huge d!ck about it, but what he doesn't realize is that a title really helps when selling a car :goof . Which is why I offered him what I did for it, and it was about half of what he was asking. If I was to of offered him $50 I could see him getting a little irritated....

Crawlin
08-25-2008, 02:26 PM
i think you should write him back with:

"You know, technically you COULD go to the salvage yard and get that money... but considering the fact that they won't accept it without a title, especially one that has a title loan payoff, your options are limited thus making my offer considerably fair"

hahaha

CPonyGo
08-25-2008, 02:59 PM
exactly Chris- thats what I was gonna say....no title- they will hook you up with 50 maybe

Car Guy
08-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Well I was going to tell him this little tidbit but figured I'd let him figure it out by himself. The floor is going to drop out on scrap prices, which sucks but at least I can laugh at this douche when he realizes it AFTER it happens.....:rolf :devil

Crawlin
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I seriously would ask the guy:

"If you can get that so easily, and it's sitting there on a flatbed, why would you waste an hour or two of your time posting it, dealing with the emails, having people come ot your house to look at it."

in my case, that'd be worth the $100 less.

Car Guy
08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.....:thumbsup

But I'm not going to email him again unless I hear back from him.....

Holeshot
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Justin I thought you were coming in today? Im off tomorrow.

Car Guy
08-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Got caught up in too many projects today and didn't even have time to think about it :durr . I'll stop in on Wednesday for sure.....:thumbsup

Car Guy
08-25-2008, 07:25 PM
This guy is an absolute fu€khead, here's what he came back with.....

Well your best offer was an insult.... Reality check numb nuts... What's that car worth? Do you have any idea??? No you don't!

Deal with it, and grow the **** up.

Yeah I don't know what its worth, I've only owned a SHO for ten years and have purchased/sold more than I can remember. Not to mention I am a frequent member on SHOforum.com and know them like the back of my hand.....

I'm not even going to waste anymore time on this pathetic excuse of a human being. HOWEVER, if you have nothing else better to do send him an offer below $200 and have fun.....:devil

GRAMPS SS
08-25-2008, 07:38 PM
i guess my offer of 200.00 will get the same answer.....oh well.....

BlackLightning
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
i guess my offer of 200.00 will get the same answer.....oh well.....

I offered him $201.00 :D

Prince Valiant
08-25-2008, 09:59 PM
This is what I sent:

Hi,

I'm interested in your 1990 Ford tarus SHO.

Sorry, I know you don't want me to ask, but if I'm to shell out decent money, I NEED to know why the title isn't transferable...is there a lien against it? How much would it take to get the title clean?

Also, it ran and drove when you parked it...did it drive alright? Clutch operate fine? You could shift into all the gears fine?

Does all the electronics/gauges/lights/cig lighter still work?

From the long term sitting, no mice/animals got in that you can tell? No funny smells?

The tires are covered in mud...was the car sunken into it's parking spot? Is there still mud caked on the bottom as far as you can tell?

Sorry for all the questions...I know it's only a $500 car...but before I put up that kind of cash, I'd like to know what kind of repairs I'm looking at and to see if it's something I'm willing to undertake. I've owned 6 SHO's over the past 10 years, so I'm quite familiar with them...not too worried about everything else.

Thanks for your time,
Chris

The idea is that he'll spend a lot of time writing a response (hopefully), then I'll come back with a 50 dollar offer, lol.

Maybe I'll go out and look at it and offer 25?

lordairgtar
08-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Car looks familiar, about four years ago, a kid with a red SHO was behind the local car wash trying to blow up the engine. I ask WTF are you doing? He says trying to kill it. I says, give me the car and you won't have to see it again (I had a Taurus then) He says mind the **** my own business...I'm feeling he stole it. I call cops but he left.

awsomeears
08-25-2008, 11:53 PM
LOL you guys are great !!!!!!!!

What a tard to argue a price if he states it as " Make Offer " I think TOOL comes to mind

Prince Valiant
08-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Here's his reply to my letter:

No liens on the title. Don't worry, there is nothing illegal about it. I own the car legally. As far as getting a clear title, you probably would need a time machine, lol. I'll explain in person.

Car sat in a grassy area for the last couple years. Not really muddy, if anything there were more weeds growing around it. I only had to fill up the left front tire with air after all this time.

No funny smells

Car ran and drove just fine. It had a very hard brake pedal, that I couldn't figure out. I think it had something to do with some type of electric brake motor, but could never get to the bottom of it. Finally, I just gave up and parked it.

One time, while moving it from one parking spot to another, the shifter came loose somehow. Sort of like the linkage snapped out of a nylon, or plastic bushing. Did I describe that right? Anyways, clutch is good. Don't know about the guages, there is no battery in it.

If you would like to see the car, and look it over yourself, just let me know.

I've been getting some pretty ridiculously low offers, so let me be straight about this...
I can junk this car and get $400+ out of it, so please be serious :rolf:rolf:rolf

I'm thinking about going out and checking this thing out...you know be like:

"Well, I'm sure the weeds caused the master cylinder to fail....weeds do that, you know?"
-and-
"Yeah, sounds like the "flux bearing" went in the tranny...that'll cause them to pop out like that. Not good"
-and-
"Hmmm...does that look like mouse poop to you? I know my mouse poop...and that's what it looks like"
-then-
"Well, I work in the auto salvage business...and there really isn't much to salvage from a low production/specialty car. I'll give you 200 bucks for it"

Then, just wait for his head to explode, lol. :goof

michelle
08-26-2008, 07:00 AM
Being a '90, it probably has the cable shifter.

Z28Roxy
08-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Is he talking about parting it out then junking it or just junking it period?

Because if at MOST he can get $100 less than his asking price for taking it right to the scrap yard, why the hell is he bothering trying to sell it at all?

I mean, unless there's the whole title/lien issue, but just assume for a second that doesn't matter.....

Car Guy
08-26-2008, 11:26 AM
This is hilarious and has potential to be the 'best thread of `08' if we can keep it going.....:rolf :rolf :rolf

Then, just wait for his head to explode, lol. :goof

Chris, if you go you must record the conversation or better yet get video of it...!!! :thumbsup

Is he talking about parting it out then junking it or just junking it period?

Because if at MOST he can get $100 less than his asking price for taking it right to the scrap yard, why the hell is he bothering trying to sell it at all?

I mean, unless there's the whole title/lien issue, but just assume for a second that doesn't matter.....

You are dead on.....:thumbsup

There aren't many parts (if any!) that are worth more than a few $$$, and that's to some that IS into SHOs (which is far and few between). To me it's worth something but that's only because I'm a Taurus and SHO freak.....

It wouldn't be worth his time to part it out and if he thinks he can get anything for it AFTERwards he has another thing coming. Granted it depends on what would be taken off but don't forget that other than the 'race' engine IT'S JUST A FORD TAURUS...!!! :loser

EDIT: So I just checked my email and got another response from brain-dead Billy :rolleyes: . This was not in response to anything that I sent him, because I have better things to do than converse with someone that has the IQ of a paper bag.....:punch:

Considering the e-mails I'm getting, I was right...

You need to grow up.

Remember you gave me your #... Maybe I should stoop to your level, Huh?

This guy is a real winner (wiener), someone needs to ask him if he lost his virginity in this car...??? :rolf

Chris now you REALLY need to go look at this thing and offer him $200...!!! I would seriously give you $20 for your time/gas if you report back with how the conversation went. I am just shocked that he is the one that continues to send me emails but I'm the one that has 'issues'.....:goof

BoosTT
08-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I couldn't help it... I had to send him an email
Here is what I sent:

Hello,

I am very interested in your Tarus for sale, as I need some replacement parts for mine. Can you describe the condition of, AND take some pictures of the:

Sunroof
Driver side headlight
Driver side power mirror
Left rear door handle
Spoiler

Also- would you be willing to sell these parts separately or would I need to purchase the entire car. If so, how much for the items above? Neither is a problem for me, just whatever works out best for you. Please let me know asap.

I'll post what he says.

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-26-2008, 05:48 PM
That looks like a pretty hot 1990 FORD TAURUS.

0TransAm0
08-26-2008, 05:53 PM
:haveabeer:popcorn

sidewayzbimmer
08-26-2008, 11:15 PM
i am sending him an emial asking:

Hey there im interested in the 1990 taurus sho you are selling and need a few parts to finish off the couple i have now. Im looking at the sunroof, the seats (im assuming black leather?), and the glass. If they are in good condition i could pick the car up for $200 or so asap if thats ok

thanks in advance

bryan

Prince Valiant
08-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I haven't heard back from him...lol!

Flicktitty
08-27-2008, 12:41 AM
LOL

- ME -
Hi, i saw your SHO on Craigslist.

I'm interested in the car i'm 15 so i need a 1st car that i can make fast and cruise hwy100 and pick up the hunnys and my friends say that sho's get all the *****. I was wondering does this car smell like ass by chance? I heard these have a Yamaha boat motor in it is this true? What kind of mods can you do to them i want to turbo it if i can find a kit on ebay. My dad said i should get this being its a tarus and he thinks there slow. But i told him there not. But he wants to know what to do with the title? is there one? can i get one? or is the car stolen? cause i don't want that......Please let me buy your car so i can be cool.

udlose98
08-27-2008, 02:38 AM
yea...couldnt resist either...

Title : SHO

Body: How fast does it go?

Car Guy
08-27-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm dying from laughter just by reading all of this.....:goof

KEEP THEM COMING...!!! :rolf :rolf :rolf

I haven't heard back from him...lol!

Did you send him an offer via email...???

CobraSnake
08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
awww keep them coming. I really want to see the replies from all those emails.

Mark

Voodoo Chick
08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Someone really ought to ask him if he'd be willing to trade it for a case of beer...........

BoosTT
08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I still didn't get a reply. I'll post it when/if I do.

Car Guy
08-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Has anybody heard back from Bildo...??? :confused

udlose98
08-28-2008, 10:37 PM
i got nothing back

michelle
08-28-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't blame the guy for not responding to anybody after getting bombarded with emails like he did.

Car Guy
08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't blame him either, but I hope he is seriously pissed off about the entire attempt at selling it. Moral of the story: don't be a d!ck and you won't get peed on......:)

[I shock myself at how 'violent' I can get sometimes.....:goof :devil]

BoosTT
08-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Nothing here...

CobraSnake
08-29-2008, 05:45 PM
he probably to it too the salvage yard already and realized everyone was right.

Mark