PDA

View Full Version : 1's and 2's.....

jbiscuit
12-10-2003, 09:23 AM
I bought these Monday and let me say that this is so much fun to mess with. Its a lot tougher than it looks to line up the tempos from one table to the next but it is really fun. I am getting pretty good at scratching too so keep an eye out for DJ J at a party near you!!!:thumbsup

http://store4.yimg.com/I/1crazydeal_1765_4979944

John, Frank and Brown Shirt have all tried to lay down some beats on the wheels but it takes a lot of practice. I set up a makeshift studio with recliners and the tables in my spare bedroom, works out pretty nice.

J

Silver350
12-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Sound like you have to have a outing planned at your place. Could have it a record spinnin and 40 swillin

jbiscuit
12-10-2003, 11:03 AM
my place sux...its too small. Its cool for a few people to come and chill on the recliners and hang out while someone spins but thats about it. There are a few gatherings in the works though already that the wheels will be at you can bet on that shiz

Silver350
12-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Schweeeet

Al
12-10-2003, 12:11 PM
I'd like to try my hand at that.

Knyghtmare
12-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Is that gonna be the party with 14 strippers and a case of beer?

Silver350
12-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Tyler if we through a party I can garentee that there will be more then a case of beer:party:

jbiscuit
12-10-2003, 01:23 PM
14 cases of beer and three hot chicks all with the last name Miller

the funny thing with the turntables is that seriously, anyone can scratch or at least make "scratch" sounds. The really hard thing to do is make your own mixes where you are laying the beat and tempo over the beat and tempo of the other turntable and making them line up such that you don't even notice they are playing at the same time...thats the real trick. I have been playing around with that for 2 days now and have probably successfully laid down 3-4 tracks where you couldn't tell and the bass lines were right over the top of one another.

I can say that they are very addicting and fun to play with thats for sure. I have a lot more vinyl on the way which should "keep the party going" a bit better than the few that I have right now.

J