PDA

View Full Version : Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Goat Roper
08-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep is an large organization with around 5000 photographers across the U.S. who offer their photography services to families who know that their child will be either seriously ill at birth with little chance of survival or even stillborn, preserving memories of their little ones no matter how short their time is.

Anyway, I just volunteered to do this in the Milwaukee area so I thought I would spread word about it since not everyone knows that such a service even exists and in the terrible event that you know someone that may be in this position that their are people their that provide this. I am blessed with six healthy children, so I look at this as a way of helping people out who are not as fortunate as I.

Here is their website; https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/start.php The images are touching, moving...just an emotional site to go through.

A video for geared towards the photographers. If you can make it through without getting choked up then you are a bigger man than I; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0xaT00ez98

A great story of how it all works form the Today Show; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23481435#23481435

Journal Sentinel story of a local couple and NILMDTS; http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=721401

I never hope that you ever know anyone that needs this, but it is there for them.

CPonyGo
08-21-2008, 07:39 PM
You are an awesome man to do this............and no- I could not make it through the vid...

Z28Envy
08-21-2008, 07:44 PM
That is a great thing to do!:thumbsup My finace and I lost a little boy a few years ago so we know how valueable pictures are! We took a lot of pictures of him and we are very glad that we did!

Thank you for doing something so special!:D

WickedSix
08-21-2008, 07:53 PM
You are doing a great thing by volunteering, I can't even imagine how rough it would be to do that. My hats off to ya

Goat Roper
08-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I can't even imagine how rough it would be to do that.

What alot of people say is that you are so focused on the moments with the family while you are with them that you don't have time to think. It is after you leave and you get out in your car that you lose it then go home and hug your kids.

Yooformula
08-21-2008, 08:00 PM
wow that is truly sad and very hard to watch all the way through.

WickedSix
08-21-2008, 08:11 PM
What alot of people say is that you are so focused on the moments with the family while you are with them that you don't have time to think. It is after you leave and you get out in your car that you lose it then go home and hug your kids.

I can believe that it isn't until you have a moment to reflect that the gravity of the event hits you.

Cryptic
08-21-2008, 08:41 PM
My neighbors lost their only son when he was only a few weeks old. They do have 4 older girls, but it's still tough to loose your only son (or any child).

This organization an awesome thing... I'd do it for anyone that asked me.

twirkin50
08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
You are very talented in the photos that you take and putting that talent towards a cause like this is a great gesture. Thanks for doing this!!!

Trutildeathxxx
08-21-2008, 10:32 PM
That is a very amazing thing to do, and with the quality of your photos im sure you will make many families very happy

Nick
08-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Very great thing you are doing. Site isnt coming up for me though. :(

hotshift13
08-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow I didn't know this existed, I wish I would have known, and I can't click on the link cause I don't think I have the balls to do so....................

HAMRHEAD
08-23-2008, 11:00 PM
What a great site! Thank you for posting it. My wife and I got choked up as soon as the music started on the vid. Of course we were just looking at all the photos on the site prior. Very sad to see all those poor babies. I wish the best to all those families.

CobaltSSTuner
08-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I was choked up before the movie was even close to over. I greatly respect you and think that what you are doing is amazing.

Lash
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
You are an amazing person. I will pass this to everyone I know.
Having been through a child birth with my wife (and soon to be another in3 months)....I can't imagine what some of those people went through. After looking through some of this pics and stories I'm not sure I can even watch the video.

michelle
08-24-2008, 08:20 AM
After a friend of mine and his wife lost their son after a roller coaster of emotions as he was born with a heart condition, had various surgeries, was getting better, then suddenly got worse and ending up passing away, I can see how important pictures are for those few days they had with him. They had taken many pictures while he was in the hospital as well as their family members and friends. Before the funeral started, they had them projected at the front of the church and it was so heartbreaking to watch, but I know everyone was thankful they had those images to remember his fight and strength since the first day he was born until the very end.

This is a great thing you are doing!