PDA

View Full Version : WTF Car Show

SSDude
08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Wow
I'm genuinely surprised that people would get so twisted over posting an event in the "Event/Shows/Gatherings" forum. I read through the Sticky's and couldn't find a gag order for any show that coincided with the BCM Project Two car show.

It was never my intent to draw anyone away from the BCM Project Two show, only to inform people of local events. It is a totally different kind of show that will in no way affect the BCM shows level of participation.

There are many people on the boards who don't have a car to show but like to take in a show or two on the weekend. There usually are a few to check out.

I'm participating in a friends wedding this weekend and couldn't commit to being in the BCM Project Two Show but i certainly would have if my schedule was open. If time permits I'm hoping to be able to stop by and check it out.

It would appear that Dan and Ryan have put a lot of time and effort into organizing what looks to be a great event and for a great cause Children's Hospital. My hats off to you guys.

If anyone still has their panties in a wad, find someone to give you a hug.

nismodave
08-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I think the explanation has been given on your last thread, and it seems that your panties are the ones in a bunch.

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I love when panties bunch!!

Yooformula
08-21-2008, 04:42 PM
seriously, we only have 1 show a year.....ONLY 1! I dont think its wrong for us to want top billing for OUR show. If Cheaters wants a show, let them advertise it on THEIR board. We left the thread there so everyone can see it but come on already....you dont have to pay dues, you dont have to donate, you dont have to do anything but be a mature active adult around here. I guess thats really too much to ask in this day and age.

scottie K
08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
ahh no comment ...

pOrk
08-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Cheaters are fags anyways

Breecher_7
08-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Its understandable that alot of work has gone into the BCM show and true enough this IS BCM. But there are obviously other shows on saturday that do cater to the same group of people and actually allow fun activities such as burnouts and sell alcohol on the premises.

You know it is completely possible to attend more then one car show in one day.

Waver
08-21-2008, 05:58 PM
seriously, we only have 1 show a year.....ONLY 1! I dont think its wrong for us to want top billing for OUR show. If Cheaters wants a show, let them advertise it on THEIR board. We left the thread there so everyone can see it but come on already....you dont have to pay dues, you dont have to donate, you dont have to do anything but be a mature active adult around here. I guess thats really too much to ask in this day and age.

quoted for truth see post in a different thread.

Poncho
08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Its understandable that alot of work has gone into the BCM show and true enough this IS BCM. But there are obviously other shows on saturday that do cater to the same group of people and actually allow fun activities such as burnouts and sell alcohol on the premises.

You know it is completely possible to attend more then one car show in one day.

Then visit their forums for information on their shows??? :thumbsup

Troutman
08-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Wow
I'm genuinely surprised that people would get so twisted over posting an event in the "Event/Shows/Gatherings" forum. I read through the Sticky's and couldn't find a gag order for any show that coincided with the BCM Project Two car show.

It was never my intent to draw anyone away from the BCM Project Two show, only to inform people of local events. It is a totally different kind of show that will in no way affect the BCM shows level of participation.

There are many people on the boards who don't have a car to show but like to take in a show or two on the weekend. There usually are a few to check out.

I'm participating in a friends wedding this weekend and couldn't commit to being in the BCM Project Two Show but i certainly would have if my schedule was open. If time permits I'm hoping to be able to stop by and check it out.

It would appear that Dan and Ryan have put a lot of time and effort into organizing what looks to be a great event and for a great cause Children's Hospital. My hats off to you guys.

If anyone still has their panties in a wad, find someone to give you a hug.

i'm sorry, but i agree. its not like the BCM show isnt posted on other forums, and its not like flyers havent been handed out at projecttwo's competitors shows. all the guy was doing was posting info..he wasnt trying to "steal" people away from the BCM show. i plan on attending both..regardless if the guy posted the thread or not..

Breecher_7
08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Then visit their forums for information on their shows??? :thumbsup

No, ill be attending the BCM show. Besides, you and I have to talk. :stare

scottie K
08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
any other time is good to post events or rumage sales !!!:banana1:

Poncho
08-21-2008, 11:19 PM
No, ill be attending the BCM show. Besides, you and I have to talk. :stare

no we don't. :)

Cryptic
08-21-2008, 11:29 PM
SSDude,
Perhaps you missed it, but you did the same thing someone else did and it erupted into a couple long a painfull threads.
I really just want to keep the peace. I don't want start anything with any other clubs. We just want to have our day.

Troutman,
As I said before, we obtained permission before our flyer was posted on any other board. I foresaw this coming being the busy time of the year for car shows.

HY35F2T
08-21-2008, 11:42 PM
so shit gonna go down like the outsiders lol.

Voodoo Chick
08-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Personally, I took it as you were just passing the word to anyone who wanted to know about the Cheater's show. I didn't think you meant anything bad by it, just a "hey, guys, here's a car show..." I love that show, and was wondering when it was, and I appreciated that posting. It's kinda sad that everyone read so much more into and jumped all over you. I didn't get the feeling you were trying to step on anyone's toes, just trying to be helpful.

Breecher_7
08-22-2008, 04:53 AM
no we don't. :)

Oh Yes, We Do. :thumbsup

SSDude
08-22-2008, 07:20 AM
SSDude,
Perhaps you missed it, but you did the same thing someone else did and it erupted into a couple long a painfull threads.
I really just want to keep the peace. I don't want start anything with any other clubs. We just want to have our day.

Andy
I wasn't aware of another thread causing problems. I looked around now and can't find one. My only intention was to post an event, but i explained that before.

I have no affiliation with the Cheaters nor do i have a rat rod. I've gone to check out their show the last couple of years and the stuff they bring out is pretty cool.

I post on three forums and don't have the time to read every thread on every forum.
Of the three the only one I've donated to has been BCM because i appreciate you keeping this site going.

At this point I'm hoping the weather cooperates so BCM and everyone else has a great event this weekend.
Dave

floaters
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
i don't mean to shit on anyones Wheaties but it doesn't seem like anyone got super crazy about the post of skeeters car show and his runs from 1-6, this show runs from 2:30 - ?, so why is everyone getting all crazy on this guy when clearly this show will be running after the bcm show and people could go to the cheaters show after words? in the skeeters show post you guys just said come to the brew city show first and then you can go to skeeters so it didn't seem like you got all nuts on skeeter, unless i missed something.
just my .02

GRM-REPR
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I thought this is the events/shows/gathering forum? I'd like to do both BCM and Skeeters show's. Good reminder.

Holeshot
08-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh Yes, We Do. :thumbsup

BOXING GLOVES FOR RENT. :headbang

Breecher_7
08-22-2008, 01:10 PM
BOXING GLOVES FOR RENT. :headbang

Not needed. No violence required... :rolf

Josepy
08-22-2008, 01:22 PM
i don't mean to shit on anyones Wheaties but it doesn't seem like anyone got super crazy about the post of skeeters car show and his runs from 1-6, this show runs from 2:30 - ?, so why is everyone getting all crazy on this guy when clearly this show will be running after the bcm show and people could go to the cheaters show after words? in the skeeters show post you guys just said come to the brew city show first and then you can go to skeeters so it didn't seem like you got all nuts on skeeter, unless i missed something.
just my .02

you missed a lot.

scottie K
08-22-2008, 07:09 PM
SO WHEN ARE THE TIMES OF BOTH CAR SHOWS????:banana1:

Irish
08-22-2008, 07:21 PM
BCM 11-5
Skeeters 1-6 I think, don't quote me on this
Cheeters.... I have no idea. The only Cheeters I now of are Chester Cheeters. :goof