PDA

View Full Version : Any window installers on BCM...???

Car Guy
08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I am going to need entirely new windows installed in the very near future, possibly next month but at latest by winter. If you yourself are a window installer or know someone that does it please let me know. I only ask that you or said person is a professional and has ample experience in every aspect of window installation. I have no problem paying cash for a job on the side and/or helping out if needed. Bottom line is I want the job to be done right with no issues down the road, otherwise I would just do them myself.....:goof

As always any help is much appreciated...!!!

~Justin :thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
08-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Send Irish a PM

Irish
08-21-2008, 12:16 PM
How old are is the home the new windows are going in? What kind of windows are the old ones being replaced with? Are we talking vinyl double hung windows or wood.

Are you putting in any bay windows?

Anakonda69
08-21-2008, 12:29 PM
i have a hook-up on windows as well if need be just let me know

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 12:31 PM
also do you have to fill in any sashes?? If they are old windows at least? I used to work at Sidex so I can get a really good deal on some extremely well made windows. They will cost you a bit more but they have, prepare yourself for this, DOUBLE LIFETIME WARRANTY. Its even transferable. Just let me know.

Mark

Car Guy
08-21-2008, 12:47 PM
How old are is the home the new windows are going in? What kind of windows are the old ones being replaced with? Are we talking vinyl double hung windows or wood.

Are you putting in any bay windows?

Well I forgot to mention but I actually have two locations that need windows, one is my in-law's house in Muskego and the other one is mine which is right by the airport. I am not really sure whether to go with vinyl or wood, was hoping that I could get some opinions/prices to make that decision.....

My house was built in `54 and it's a small brick ranch, with 11 windows on the first level and 2 upstairs. One of those 11 (1 of 3 in the kitchen) might be left alone for now because we'd eventually like to have sliding doors installed where that window is now. I would also like to have one of the other two in the kitchen a bay window, the one above the sink. The only other bay window would possibly be the picture window in the living room, but I say possibly because I have a feeling it will be way out of our budget for now.....

I will have to get more information on my in-law's home but I know it not brick.....

i have a hook-up on windows as well if need be just let me know

Would that be for the windows themselves or installation....???

Anakonda69
08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Both. a friend of mine does windows he is going to be doing the upstairs of my house. quoted me roughly $250 a window installed. sure he could do the same for you.

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Both. a friend of mine does windows he is going to be doing the upstairs of my house. quoted me roughly $250 a window installed. sure he could do the same for you.

what kind of windows though. Regardless of how good of a deal you get you still need to get good windows or you'll be paying it in the form of your heat and air conditioning bill. So are they double pane or triple? Argon or Kypton gas filled?? Low E or Low E2(squared)??

Mark

Car Guy
08-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Can you please PM me with some contact info for him and/or you...???

Anakonda69
08-21-2008, 04:26 PM
what kind of windows though. Regardless of how good of a deal you get you still need to get good windows or you'll be paying it in the form of your heat and air conditioning bill. So are they double pane or triple? Argon or Kypton gas filled?? Low E or Low E2(squared)??

Mark

i know that but i am not gonna get into it that far if he is not even interested. i just had my first floor done by weathertight. best windows they have and couldn't be happier. they were pricey though but we have saved roughly 40% in a/c costs so far this summer. i will pm you when i get home with his contact info.

twirkin50
08-21-2008, 04:27 PM
JeldWen windows are aluminum clad with a pine interior. Very nice windows for a great price at Home Depot. Screens included (Bonus!)

Did all my windows myself for close to $12,000 less than what I was quoted for vinyl windows from a company.

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
i know that but i am not gonna get into it that far if he is not even interested. i just had my first floor done by weathertight. best windows they have and couldn't be happier. they were pricey though but we have saved roughly 40% in a/c costs so far this summer. i will pm you when i get home with his contact info.
See thats what I'm talking about. Although most people don't know the cost of putting in really good windows. But I could pretty much get Sidex windows at cost although cost is probably double the price of what you can get yours for from that dude. Although the #1 thing I like them is DOUBLE TRANSFERABLE LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Mark

UnderPSI
08-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I am doing my whole house in weather tight. They are extreemly easy to install yourself. Weather tight Triple pane krypton double hung!!! Love the insulated frames on the weather tight. I don't think any other vinyl widow companies even offer that. Makes a huge difference.

CobraSnake
08-22-2008, 09:43 AM
I am doing my whole house in weather tight. They are extreemly easy to install yourself. Weather tight Triple pane krypton double hung!!! Love the insulated frames on the weather tight. I don't think any other vinyl widow companies even offer that. Makes a huge difference.

The company I was talking Sidex has insulated frames and its a 4 point welding system so they can guarantee they are straight. Plus they use virgin vinyl so it will never fade and its the strongest available. The have glass that you can pound a nail in with. I could go on and on.

Mark

Car Guy
09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Still looking to have my windows done, but more importantly I'm still looking for someone to install them. Please PM me if you can help me out.....