PDA

View Full Version : All Car Show Participants LOOK HERE SAT MORNING!! UPDATED WE ARE A GO!

nismodave
08-21-2008, 06:59 AM
THE SHOW IS A GO!!!

We might have a few rain drops this morn, but the afternoon looks good. If anyone needs some quick detailer, or Microfiber rag, ask for me and Ill hook you up. We Have Music, Food, Models, and Prizes ready to go!!! Come on out!!! A little later if you are afraid of some sprinkles. We will be there. BRING SOME MONEY!!!:D :goof

Z28Envy
08-21-2008, 07:28 AM
They are only saying 30% chance! Hopefully it won't rain!

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USWI0455?dayNum=2&from=weekend

PureSound15
08-21-2008, 08:15 AM
I think we will see rain in the morning and then it will clear up!

Irish
08-21-2008, 10:50 AM
I am kinda confused. If it does rain a little in the morning, does that mean the show will go on? If it's raining ballz at 10AM and then blue skys at 11AM, I think we should keep the ball rolling for the 23rd. Just my .02

PureSound15
08-21-2008, 10:52 AM
That is the game plan Irish.

Moparjim
08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I dunno what logistics/hassle/cost is involved in switching to the rain date but I would think if its raining that morning we would want to move the date. I would think there would be a lot of no shows (pussies...) that won't bring their car out or even come if its raining in the AM, even if it is supposed to clear up later. Obviously its up to the guys that are doing the organizing to call, just adding my $0.02.

JC70SS
08-21-2008, 12:06 PM
that would be me.

Car Guy
08-21-2008, 12:07 PM
[X3] I agree 100% with Tom and I know it sounds weak but that how it goes; it would definitely result in a smaller show.....

However, moving the date might also result in less people being able to attend seeing is how 'summer' with technically be over by then. I guess it sucks either way if it does rain, anybody know of a anti-rain dance to do...??? :dance

Nix
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
x4, I'm one of those pussies. My car is not a classic or anyhting special but for reasons in the past I try to avoid driving that car in the rain at all times.

Thats just me though.

My 2cents. :)

(edit/add) also if it raining the morning of I won't be making it. I saw change it to the 6th if it is indeed raining in the morn. I guarntee that there will be much less attending to view and show if its rain.

Mother nature blows...

Irish
08-21-2008, 12:12 PM
<--- Not a pus5y.

MoCkiN U
08-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Spending as much time as I do cleaning my car for the shows engine, door jams, interior, wheel wells, trunk, exterior I dont want to do all that work to just drive it in the rain.

Pussy? Maybe to some but for me its a waste of my time to clean it. If its raining the morning of an event I dont go out.

Irish
08-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Man, when you guys are old whisker biscuits damn near on your death bed.... You are going to think to yourself," Damn I wish I would have drove my car(s) more often then I did, now that I am on my death bed, I could give a sh1t less about how many dust particles are sitting on my heater/air vents." It's one thing to have a clean car, it's a whole other can of worms being OCD about it.

As they start bailing before "the weather" even gets here. *sigh and *shrug

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't have a car to show so i think the jeep can handle a little wetness. I'll still be there. I hope it doesn't get changed because I have off this whole weekend and I don't believe I will on the 6th.

Mark

Flicktitty
08-21-2008, 12:37 PM
**** it i'm still in a little rain never hurt anyone.

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey guys cars now a days are equiped with a new technology. Its called "waterproof".

Mark

Nix
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Man, when you guys are old whisker biscuits damn near on your death bed.... You are going to think to yourself," Damn I wish I would have drove my car(s) more often then I did, now that I am on my death bed, I could give a sh1t less about how many dust particles are sitting on my heater/air vents." It's one thing to have a clean car, it's a whole other can of worms being OCD about it.

As they start bailing before "the weather" even gets here. *sigh and *shrug

Thats only about 20% of the reson for me not driving in the rain. The other 80% comes from when I wrecked my old Z28 while driving in the rain with semi bald tires. Yeah it was my fault that it happened but it was a bad experience and I will not chance it happening again. Thats that.

Irish
08-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Thats only about 20% of the reson for me not driving in the rain. The other 80% comes from when I wrecked my old Z28 while driving in the rain with semi bald tires. Yeah it was my fault that it happened but it was a bad experience and I will not chance it happening again. Thats that.

I am not saying you should come in the rain, I am saying that if the skies part for us and it starts to dry up, I would like to you guys show up still. I am looking forward to putting names and faces together.

SmokinRAM114
08-21-2008, 12:47 PM
my entire truck is waxed 3 times a week. i drive it daily come on now a little srpinkle in the morning isnt going to hurt anything! but i do smell what u guys a steppin in. my 70 mach 1 probly wont be there if it the roads are wet..

SmokinRAM114
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I am not saying you should come in the rain, I am saying that if the skies part for us and it starts to dry up, I would like to you guys show up still. I am looking forward to putting names and faces together.

fist with faces?

Smokey1226
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
My cummins needs a bath either way :D

Nix
08-21-2008, 12:50 PM

I see what your saying, if it does clear and dry up I will still be comming but not right away in the morning as I was orignally planning on. I just hope it dosen't rain all day like the weather is saying.

Holeshot
08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I will come with out the goat and help out if its raining at 10. My car has only seen rain a handful of times and I pride that. besides I have stuff to bring.

Yooformula
08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
lets not dwell on the negative! pray for a clear sky and that it dumps tonight and friday!

ND4SPD
08-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Hmmm... if it rains, I should be able to make the rain date. :D

Karps TA
08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
It'll be fine. They are saying scattered. I bet it'll be perfect.

FourEyedFord
08-21-2008, 01:41 PM
fist with faces?

:rolf :rolf

I will be there even if its a little wet.
If the show doesn't go on that means I have to go to work!! :(

Sprayaway Fox
08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I hope you guys get the clear day your asking for. If it would of rained I woulda went down. But block is sitting at machine shop. And since one is down dont wanna make more work for me if another one pisses me off. All I can say (which is WEAK) is next year HWY 100 and show. Good luck:thumbsup

michelle
08-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I have faith it won't rain!

Car Guy
08-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Sing it Michelle...!!! :rolf

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/uploaded_images/George_Michael_-_Faith-791109.jpg

lilws6
08-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I know for a fact i can't make the rain date so i'm in RAIN OR SHINE!!!

Josepy
08-21-2008, 04:04 PM
My car looks good in the rain.

Cutlass Queen
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Eh rain is rain, that's why they make the quick spray wax for shows. Does wonders when you need a quick touch up :D

nismodave
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I will have a TON of Microfiber rags and Detailer for whomever wants to use them!!!

I understand if people dont want to drive in the rain,I hate rain on my car, but if it looks like its going to clear in the afternoon, if there is rain in the MORNING, the show will go on.

Sack up guys and gals.

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 04:32 PM
I will have a TON of Microfiber rags and Detailer for whomever wants to use them!!!

I understand if people dont want to drive in the rain,I hate rain on my car, but if it looks like its going to clear in the afternoon, if there is rain in the MORNING, the show will go on.

Sack up guys and gals.

I say we do the show RAIN, SNOW, OR SHINE!!!!

Mark

Yooformula
08-21-2008, 04:34 PM
WHOA with the snow shit bro!

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
WHOA with the snow shit bro!

lol:rolf:rolf

lilws6
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I'll go in the snow!!! lol

Breecher_7
08-21-2008, 05:03 PM
I think 10am is a little late for a judgement call as some of us are driving from a decent distance.

I think 9am would be better.

Karps TA
08-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I wonder if my wipers even work......

nismodave
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I think 10am is a little late for a judgement call as some of us are driving from a decent distance.

We will do the best we can, if you can show up later its all good.:thumbsup

Yooformula
08-21-2008, 05:07 PM

I think we will have enough space to park people in late if need be. The forecast looks to be letting up for the weekend already. I am glad its raining now, hopefully it will clear up by saturday to get this underway.

Breecher_7
08-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I think we will have enough space to park people in late if need be. The forecast looks to be letting up for the weekend already. I am glad its raining now, hopefully it will clear up by saturday to get this underway.

Ok then...... :rolf

SmokinRAM114
08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
just heard on the news on 6 the best potential for rain saturday between 10am and 2pm no joke GRRRRR

xxtremeteam
08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
I agree with Breecher Im comming from probly at least 40 to 45 min away and need to be there by 1030 to volunteer so i think 9 or 930 would be a better time frame fot the on or off call just my opinon

ok mapquest says 1 hour 6 min ride from port washington

Car Guy
08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
How many spots are available...???

nismodave
08-21-2008, 05:21 PM
How many spots are available...???

We have the entire property that Project Twos new shop is located, and 2 lots accross the street.:thumbsup

Yooformula
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM
trying to think positive. otherwise we will go to the rain date.

badass88gt
08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow, I cant believe how some of you guys are afraid of the rain. Hell, my car gets driven in the rain and I have drag radials and a spool.

I guess I'll have to check here in the morning, if its rained out I'm not gonna drive 3 hours.

Breecher_7
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Wow, I cant believe how some of you guys are afraid of the rain. Hell, my car gets driven in the rain and I have drag radials and a spool.

I guess I'll have to check here in the morning, if its rained out I'm not gonna drive 3 hours.

Shhh..... Dont let the pansies hear you. If there plastic and fiberglass cars get wet they might fall apart! :rolf

Seriously, its rain, not snow.

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Shhh..... Dont let the pansies hear you. If there plastic and fiberglass cars get wet they might fall apart! :rolf

Seriously, its rain, not snow.

the car i'm bringing can handle either.

Mark

nismodave
08-21-2008, 05:38 PM
We will try and make the decision as EARLY as possible on Saturday.

Sorry for any inconvienence to all.

pOrk
08-21-2008, 05:41 PM
It's not that the cars can't handle the rain you wieners, a car show is about showing off your toy and cleaning them over and over isn't too fun. I hate water spots.

nismodave
08-21-2008, 05:48 PM
It's not that the cars can't handle the rain you wieners, a car show is about showing off your toy and cleaning them over and over isn't too fun. I hate water spots.

Quick Detailer and Microfibers FTW, Pork.:thumbsup

I will have them there for ANYONE to use.

pOrk
08-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Thats why I'm assuming people don't want to go because of the rain.

There are people with SHOW CARS like Stanfrypanman bob that cant drive in the rain or his finger painted racing stripes will wash away.

GRAMPS SS
08-21-2008, 06:23 PM
my entire truck is waxed 3 times a week. i drive it daily come on now a little srpinkle in the morning isnt going to hurt anything! but i do smell what u guys a steppin in. my 70 mach 1 probly wont be there if it the roads are wet..

Chris...WAIT...WAIT...WAIT... when did YOU get a '70 MACH 1 :rolleyes:

lilws6
08-21-2008, 07:24 PM
i got some quick detail spray and even wax if i feel it needs some lol

MoCkiN U
08-21-2008, 07:27 PM
I need to clarify what I posted. I drive my car as is every single day sun or rain. Doesnt matter BUT, when I do detail the piss out of it for a purpose I am THEN less motivated to drive in rain. Its raining out right now and I took it to McDs for a quick bite but I havent spent 6 hours cleaning it today either.

gottwins?
08-21-2008, 07:28 PM
If it dries up I will be there with Zcrew...my tires are starting the get pretty bald and the previous owner took off all my splashguards. :alcoholic

lilws6
08-21-2008, 07:34 PM
If this was a judged car show i would care what the car looks like but since its just BCM who cares it'll be a good time either way whether the cars get wet or dry they still look sexy either way

Breecher_7
08-21-2008, 07:53 PM
If this was a judged car show i would care what the car looks like but since its just BCM who cares it'll be a good time either way whether the cars get wet or dry they still look sexy either way

QFT....... Its not like your trophy hunting..... :thumbsup :rolf

PureSound15
08-21-2008, 08:42 PM
but since its just BCM who cares it'll be a good time either way whether the cars get wet or dry they still look sexy either way

true, but it's not exactly just BCM. The show is posted on no less than a dozen forums and car show calenders and is also being promoted by Children's Hospital.

ricksws7
08-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Well if it rains this Sat. and the show moves to Sept 6 That would be ok with me. I leave for disney Tomm. Be back on Sept 1. So I could then make the show. But I am Not hoping for rain. Just saying. Rick

scottie K
08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
if it rains i have working wipers on my 42yr old daily driver

GRAMPS SS
08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
if it rains i have working wipers on my 42yr old daily driver with screw diver stuck in the seat to play with while driving....

SmokinRAM114
08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Chris...WAIT...WAIT...WAIT... when did YOU get a '70 MACH 1 :rolleyes:

u no wat i mean biatch. n it isnt coming.... ran into a few problems tonight with the wiring/charging system:mad:

shoooo32
08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I have wipers, but buffing the water spots out of aluminum panels for hours doesn't sound like a good way to spend sunday. I'll still roll out in the dd though.

sloLs1
08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
My cummins needs a bath either way :D

ditto!

GRAMPS SS
08-21-2008, 09:26 PM
u no wat i mean biatch. n it isnt coming.... ran into a few problems tonight with the wiring/charging system:mad:

no way....it can be fixed right...............................

Car Guy
08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
I can fix it.....:thumbsup

http://store.paigewire.com/images/specpics/DUCT-TAPE-3M.jpg

03CVLX
08-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Well, I have a double shift the 23rd and am forced to miss the show. But if by chance it gets rescheduled due to rain I can make it and will gladly help out if needed. Ill keep an eye on this and see what happens.

95 TA - The Beast
08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Umm, yeah, repolishing billet aluminum wheels after driving in the rain is a major, I mean MAJOR PITA! :crying

I normally spent 4-6 hours+ per wheel at least once a year, and I have no intention of making this weekend this years shot at it...

So, if there is any possibility of it raining, I will have to pass... Hopefully the forecast will change and it will be clear, as I will just have to bust ass to clean it up proper the morning of the show, as it got a little baked from the cruise up at Holy Hill last sunday... At least I found out all the hard work ended up paying off as I absoloutly thrashed all aspects of the car on that cruise, including braking, acceleration, road holding power, handling and even the stereo, as I bumped the fawk out of the system while in 'zen mode'... 2.5 hours of muscling the car around like that left me sore as all hell for a couple of days...

But the car didn't fare too badly for all the abuse... Gotta love ceramic brake pads, as cleanup is a breeze... :thumbsup

RanJer
08-21-2008, 10:35 PM
I can fix it.....:thumbsup

http://store.paigewire.com/images/specpics/DUCT-TAPE-3M.jpg

Duct tape conducts electricity last I heard... maybe some electrical tape would be more appropriate :thumbsup jfwy

If you need parts, literally almost anything for that car, let me know.

Quick Detailer and Microfibers FTW, Pork.:thumbsup

I will have them there for ANYONE to use.
Even on the Ranger? I bought sandpaper/bondo/fiberglass tonite. She'll look good by the show provided tomorrow goes as planned... :rolf

nismodave
08-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Umm, yeah, repolishing billet aluminum wheels after driving in the rain is a major, I mean MAJOR PITA! :crying

I normally spent 4-6 hours+ per wheel at least once a year, and I have no intention of making this weekend this years shot at it...

So, if there is any possibility of it raining, I will have to pass... Hopefully the forecast will change and it will be clear, as I will just have to bust ass to clean it up proper the morning of the show, as it got a little baked from the cruise up at Holy Hill last sunday... At least I found out all the hard work ended up paying off as I absoloutly thrashed all aspects of the car on that cruise, including braking, acceleration, road holding power, handling and even the stereo, as I bumped the fawk out of the system while in 'zen mode'... 2.5 hours of muscling the car around like that left me sore as all hell for a couple of days...

But the car didn't fare too badly for all the abuse... Gotta love ceramic brake pads, as cleanup is a breeze... :thumbsup

A Mothers Mini Power Ball is in the Raffle. Maybe you will win it.:)

Breecher_7
08-22-2008, 05:07 AM
A Mothers Mini Power Ball is in the Raffle. Maybe you will win it.:)

:thumbsup :rolf

CannotPost
08-22-2008, 08:19 AM
at Holy Hill last sunday... At least I found out all the hard work ended up paying off as I absoloutly thrashed all aspects of the car on that cruise, including braking, acceleration, road holding power, handling and even the stereo

Did you go with a bunch of Subarus and a Mazda? :thumbsup

lilws6
08-22-2008, 08:20 AM
i've got both power balls and never use them lol but i never bought the polished wheels i was going to either

Holeshot
08-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Il be donating a clybar kit and a couple other suprises. Talked to Dave this morning.

Irish
08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Just in case it does rain, http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30796

67-400
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
God Da** it, i'm getting my car detailed as I type, at Rivers Edge Carwash, it better not fkn rain tonight when I pick it up or tomorrow at all!! Nothing like getting out of the carwash & having a big ol turd droppin on the freshly buffed/waxed paint!! :flipoff2:

wikked
08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
There's a 40% chance of rain from 9am-2pm.
Over the last few days, it's been drifting more & more to the east, and actually looks like it could possibly miss us entirely.

If it does rain, it's not going to rain the entire time, but most likely will rain for 5-10mins on & off in that 5hr window, hence, scattered.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, just realistic.

People can wipe down their entire car in 10mins with quik-detailer, I don't see what the big deal is. :P

Irish
08-22-2008, 12:53 PM
^word!

SmokinRAM114
08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
i got a california sqeegie(spelling :durr) people can borrow if it does rain during the day but i know it wont rain. them things are sweet! no water spots

Karps TA
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
looks like it's pushing east more and more. Weather.com is now saying a slight chance for an isolated shower.

Irish
08-22-2008, 02:42 PM
^^^ Sweeeet

<------- Giddy!

Cutlass Queen
08-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Getting the toys ready tonite :)

Z28Envy
08-23-2008, 02:10 AM
I just got done cleaning mine. To much damn work!

Syclone0044
08-23-2008, 02:38 AM
I just got done cleaning mine. To much damn work!

Same here... I'm bushed!! Lights out... poof.

nismodave
08-23-2008, 06:14 AM
ttt

Beagle
08-23-2008, 07:22 AM
This is a dumb question but how do I get there?

Car Guy
08-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Address of Project TWO (google) + MapQuest ===> Directions on how to get there.....:devil

lilws6
08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
i'll be cleaning mine in a few min. its for the most part done just gata redo in the inside and a little on the front and the wheels good to go then WHOO i'm excited

TheRxForSpeeed
08-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I just have to take the cover off my car and make sure everything is still clean and I will be heading over there around 12

Deggy
08-23-2008, 09:11 AM
It was just raining kinda hard by me (Milwaukee/Greenfield), this thing still going on?

OxmanWI
08-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Are we go for...Car show?

PureSound15
08-23-2008, 09:17 AM
The rain has already passed.We're a go.

Deggy
08-23-2008, 09:18 AM
See you guys around noon.

I'm a little upset our cars won't be making it.