PDA

View Full Version : TONS of credit is due to.....

Car Guy
08-19-2008, 06:12 PM
.....every single person who hand a part in re-building the Marquette interchange. It was done early and UNDER budget with hardy any issues what so ever. I haven't had the chance to explore it all yet but just looking it at is impressive and definitely gives downtown Milwaukee a MUCH needed facelift.....:headbang

However, regardless of how the rest of it turned out the best thing to come out of the entire project is the removal of the courthouse parking structure. The first time I drove through after it was removed I was speechless at how much better the entire area looked with it gone.....:wooo

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I agree completely and the removal of that piece of crap parking ramp is great, the monumental courthouse looks awesome from the interstate

SLOWC5
08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
i am also in complete awe that its UNDER BUDGET. I assumed they would at least waste the money on something being it wasn't their money to begin with.

hotshift13
08-19-2008, 08:14 PM
It's also fun as hell to drive in it now, nice banked sweeping corners. I really need to finish up my car before it snows.

Karps TA
08-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Big kudo's to them!

However it does make me laugh cause it makes our downtown look even smaller IMO. Atleast with the traffic jams it seemed like there was more to it. Now you fly thru downtown at 4pm in like 8 secs.

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Flying thru downtown FTW.

flyin_blue_egg
08-19-2008, 08:40 PM
heck i went through there a few times in like april and may and it looked pretty good and flowed fairly well and it wasn't even done

Lash
08-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Big kudo's to them!

Now you fly thru downtown at 4pm in like 8 secs.

Not really. It's still stop and go up to the stadium from the lake.
If there's a brewers (noon, or 7:00 game....doesn't matter) game it'll take you 30 minutes to get from the lake to the zoo. Hopefully the stadium interchange will be the next because that causes a ton of backups all the way into the Marquette. Same with the 894 south interchange by the zoo.....which completely sucks ass anytime after 3:00pm.

The Marquette is a huge improvement though. The stadium just holds it's potential back.

shoooo32
08-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm just waiting for the 794 west to I43 south ramp to open. Great job to all involved.

Trutildeathxxx
08-19-2008, 10:26 PM
agreed, i go through down town quite often and it is sweet as hell now, soon as everybody figures out where all the new ramps go to it will been even better. I am waiting to see what its gonna look like down on st paul when it get all cleaned up and open

Prince Valiant
08-19-2008, 10:34 PM
You got to hand it to them when they get it right...

What impressed me was that generally traffic flowed through the interchange BETTER during construction than it did before construction. Removal of the park east spur on-ramp to south 43 played a HUGE role in that to be sure...but still, very impressive and long overdue.

Glad it's just about done!

CPonyGo
08-19-2008, 10:46 PM
You got to hand it to them when they get it right...

What impressed me was that generally traffic flowed through the interchange BETTER during construction than it did before construction. Removal of the park east spur on-ramp to south 43 played a HUGE role in that to be sure...but still, very impressive and long overdue.

Glad it's just about done!

Exactly- I do a lot of construction downtown and we even changed out starting time so we would be off earlier just to avoid any issues of construction but rarely found any problems getting around..very well orchestrated...:thumbsup

Mr. Brett
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Wait, it's done?

T-Bag
08-20-2008, 08:09 AM
For the mmost part, yes its done. There are still some finishing touches, but it is a little ahead of schedule (not by much, but still its impressive).

The zoo interchange needs something done soon

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Pretty sure that ZOO interchange is going to be screwed for a long time to come, last year I think the governor raided the money ($10 million?) that was going to be used to "Study what needed to be done to re-work the always congested, old and dangerous zoo interchange". I think he gave the money to the teachers union. :rolf

On another note I think they start the widening on I-94 in Racine and Kenosha counties next near, from 3 mostly uncongested lanes to 4 really nice uncongested lanes. :thumbsup
The Illinois tri state tollway should be fixed up to 4 nice lanes in the next few years also, the project is already underway down there.
God I love new highways. :D

flyin_blue_egg
08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
the tri-state is slated to be done in i think 2010.

SmokinRAM114
08-20-2008, 11:15 AM
hell i would have thaught it would be 3months over due since we actually HAD a winter this year.

Karps TA
08-20-2008, 11:16 AM
On another note I think they start the widening on I-94 in Racine and Kenosha counties next near, from 3 mostly uncongested lanes to 4 really nice uncongested lanes. :thumbsup

Yeah 4 lanes of long straight uncongested roads, with Racine and Kenosha county cops every 15 feet adminsistering their own tolls. I'd rather they made that a tool road and banned the cops.

What a waste of highway funds that could be spent elsewhere.

88Nightmare
08-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah 4 lanes of long straight uncongested roads, with Racine and Kenosha county cops every 15 feet adminsistering their own tolls. I'd rather they made that a tool road and banned the cops.

What a waste of highway funds that could be spent elsewhere.

agreed. 894 westbound from the airport interchange to the hale interchange needs to be widened. Heading west at 4-6pm is hell!

and yes, the zoo interchange needs to be blown the **** up and redone from scratch

Lash
08-20-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm just waiting for the 794 west to I43 south ramp to open. Great job to all involved.

It opened on tuesday.