PDA

View Full Version : Report: Metallica to play Bradley Center

Goat Roper
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Last time I saw them was probably late 80's something, might have to go see them again.

Metallica is returning to Milwaukee for a Jan. 12 date at the Bradley Center, the band's label has announced.

Bradley Center spokesperson Kristine Davis-Koch said the venue was hopeful of landing the date but was unable to confirm it Monday.

According to Warner Bros. Records, Machine Head and The Sword will support Metallica on the tour, which opens Oct. 21 in Glendale, Ariz.

Metallica's new album, "Death Magnetic," is scheduled for release on Sept. 12. The new tour is the band's first full tour in four years.

Rocket Power
08-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Last time I saw them was probably late 80's something, might have to go see them again.

Then you saw them the last time they had a good album:rolf
The one and only time I saw them was at alpine for the ...and justice for all tour.
I haven't liked any of there newer stuff. Cool that Milwaukee could get them though

xxsn0blindxx
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Screw those money-grubbing Homos. I'd only go see them if it was guaranteed nothing later than the Black album was played and at the end of the show I got to kick them in the nuts. I'm sure Death Fagnetic is going to be a great hit just like choad, re-choad, St. Anger and Some Kind of Monster.

Death Magnetic, at least the title, to me [...] started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business, like Layne Staley and a lot of the people that have died, basically — rock and roll martyrs of sorts. And then it kind of grew from there, thinking about death… some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away. And the concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about — no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point.

Uhh yeah good one James, death is definitely an avoided topic in heavy metal :punch: WTF???

These guys can slap a Metallica label on the biggest steaming pile of shit and people still buy it. In fact they can even charge $24.99 for a virtual steaming pile of shit. That's right, the cheapest available version of Death Fagnetic will be a $24.99 DOWNLOAD!! That's right, for $24.99 you get absolutely nothing except the right to listen to Metallica's new masterpiece :nutkick Yeah that's metal up your a$$ alright, no lube or anything.

Goat Roper
08-18-2008, 09:48 PM
I hear ya I would be interested in anything black album and back

Rocket Power
08-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I remember them playing St. Anger when it first came out. Then it disappeared after everyone noticed how much it sucked:rolf

LIZMO
08-18-2008, 11:02 PM
sweet! i wanna go! i saw them when i was in 4th grade lmao. :headbang

fivonut
08-19-2008, 12:55 AM

Why the Black album?? Every body knows that Justice was the sellout album.

xxsn0blindxx
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Black at least had somewhat of an edge, though definitely lacked the greatness of the first four albums. This will now be their 4th consecutive crap album, 5th if you don't like the black album which means they have either equaled or exceeded the number of good albums.

Goat Roper
08-19-2008, 08:11 AM
"Ride The Lightning" ftmfw

T-Bag
08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm glad to see they are coming back, personally I think all their cd's with the exception of St. Anger had at least some decent content, obviously not as great as master of puppets, ride the lightning, etc.

I imagine it will be a good show and will sell out pretty damn quick.

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-19-2008, 08:35 AM
I wore my old "Metal up your ass" shirt last week, wearing a bit thin. :loser
Metallica coming to Milwaukee, meh. :headbang

wikked
08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
sweet! i wanna go! i saw them when i was in 4th grade lmao. :headbang

That was like...5yrs ago? :P

Yamahachick02
08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
I seen them when they were at the Bradley center about 4-5 years ago. They sounded so bad. I think it was the building though.

LIZMO
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
That was like...5yrs ago? :P

well yes, since i did see them when i was a freshman-sophmore also. lol. :thumbsup

Rocket Power
08-19-2008, 06:12 PM
I wore my old "Metal up your ass" shirt last week, wearing a bit thin. :loser
Metallica coming to Milwaukee, meh. :headbang
:rolf I thought I was the only one that still had one, mines just about see through

PonyKiller87
08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Just heard one of the new songs on The Hog, I think it was called "Day that never Comes" anyways, I gotta say it sucked, seemed like a regergitated Unforgiven 2. Not living up to all the "Its going to be like old Metalica" hype. Based on this I doubt I would consider buying the CD or any songs for that matter.

CobraSnake
08-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Just heard one of the new songs on The Hog, I think it was called "Day that never Comes" anyways, I gotta say it sucked, seemed like a regergitated Unforgiven 2. Not living up to all the "Its going to be like old Metalica" hype. Based on this I doubt I would consider buying the CD or any songs for that matter.

so thats what your hoping for the concert then "Day that never comes"
:rolf:rolf

Slow Joe
08-21-2008, 06:46 PM

Agreed :thumbsup

Did you get a chance to look at the signed guitar my dad has? :thumbsup

Goat Roper
08-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Agreed :thumbsup

Did you get a chance to look at the signed guitar my dad has? :thumbsup

Yeah you showed that to me the week before the wedding, pretty bad ass. I don't know what I was worried about more when the two drunk folk went into that room, the guitar or the fact that they were going into a room full of swords and guns :rolf

Fast SVT
08-21-2008, 08:13 PM
They have a new song on itunes today...it sucks.

fivonut
08-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Not living up to all the "Its going to be like old Metalica" hype. Based on this I doubt I would consider buying the CD or any songs for that matter.

They will NEVER sound like they did before Justice. Different people/person writing the music and the guy/guys that wrote the original stuff is dead/gone.