PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters!!!!!!!!!

nismodave
08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
http://www.thatsracin.com/247/story/17560.html

Yooformula
08-18-2008, 09:17 PM
thats bullshit! even more reason to despise them.

Holeshot
08-18-2008, 09:22 PM
LOL Remember what they say. " If you ain't cheating you ain't winning"

ND4SPD
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Last month, NASCAR announced rule changes for the Toyota engines used in the Nationwide Series. The new guidelines were intended to cut about 15 horsepower. Saturday's race at Michigan was the first since that change in which horsepower was expected to play a larger role in performance.

I like how they have to detune the Toyota engines because they make too much power for the domestic boys to keep up with. :goof

WickedSix
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM
umm toyota sure spent alot of time and cheated before trying to get even semi decent power last years..... wtf was it the oxygenated fuel gel coated intake manifolds?? sophisticated cheatin but still cheatin....

ND4SPD
08-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Bah, I don't know anything about NASCAR. :) I was just throwing that out there because I know it just tweaks the nuts of some good 'ol boys that there's a Japanese engine manufacturer involved in *their* sport. First time I heard Toyota was going to be involved even I said "wtf mate?"

07ROUSHSTG3
08-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Bah, I don't know anything about NASCAR. :) I was just throwing that out there because I know it just tweaks the nuts of some good 'ol boys that there's a Japanese engine manufacturer involved in *their* sport. First time I heard Toyota was going to be involved even I said "wtf mate?"

pretty sure that the engines in those toyotas are chevys.

ND4SPD
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Really? I thought it was the Tundra's V8?

The normally aspirated, Tundra Racing V8 engine was designed entirely in America by Toyota Racing Development. TRD’s technical capabilities came to the forefront as they designed and produced “from a clean sheet of paper,” an overhead valve racing engine in a remarkably short period of time.

The engine design focused on high quality, performance, lightweight, reliability, and ease of manufacture. Measuring 358 cubic inches of displacement, the V8 is capable of producing up to 650 horsepower. The cast aluminum cylinder head and cast iron cylinder block both use a computer-optimized cooling system. The engine is also equipped with forged aluminum pistons, forged steel connecting rods, and a high strength billet steel crankshaft. Its fuel pump and exhaust were each developed by TRD.

Not exactly sure how that makes it a Chevy... :confused but okay. Like I said I don't know anything about NASCAR.

Yooformula
08-19-2008, 09:42 AM
no they are not chevy's. the reason the good ole boys were pissed is because toyota was allowed to run a newer motor that the rest of field wont have until next year....umm there is a good reason why kyle busch went untouched or unchallenged in all of his wins...

DirtyMax
08-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Not that I condone what JGR did but take a look at this list of names...

Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Earnhardt Jr., Kyle Bush (last year with Hendrick), Sauter, Edwards, Kenseth.

All of these teams cars have been caught with some sort of infractions the past few years. Hell, Knaus and Letarte were expelled for 6 races last year IIRC.

Chevy wasn't complaining when they had the newest latest and greatest engines last year and Johnson and Gordon, among others, were wiping the floor with everyone.

Again not saying what JGR did was right but they aren't the first (or last) to try to pull the wool over Nascar's eyes.

Man, these inspectors are good!!!

Yooformula
08-20-2008, 10:51 AM
ouch joe gibbs racing....

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/bg/08/20/jlogano.tstewart.jgr.penalties/index.html

Cryptic
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
^ magnets under the gas pedal, to prevent full throttle on the dyno.

It's brilliant!

Prince Valiant
08-20-2008, 11:59 AM
This is what I dislike about nascar...Hey, just put some basic restrictions: size, no displacement enhancing device, fuel type, etc....and then let the chips fall where they may.

Otherwise, if it's really about driving only/race management, why put so many equalizers on the cars? Just give them the same cars with the same engines, worked on by the same mechanics...but give the team leeway with regards to downforce devices, chasis set-up, basic stuff.

Yooformula
08-20-2008, 12:10 PM
The thought is Chris that they ran the magnets AFTER the race to hide any extra power they may have made during the race.

Heat Seeker WS6
08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
The thought is Chris that they ran the magnets AFTER the race to hide any extra power they may have made during the race.

Correct, they got dyno'd after the race.
It took a bit of planning & time to come up with the exact thickness of the magnetic shims and decide exactly where to place them to get the #'s they were looking for.
shit, the shims we use on our fuel pump impellers at work are spaced @ 2 thousandths apart, and even working with many 'givens' it takes some time to get the number range we're looking for.

Karps TA
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't get why people get so upset, or even surprised by this. When you hear the old time crew chiefs talk about the old days they always talk about how they cheated and got away with things. Cheating seems to me to be an integral part of motor sports.

I say good for them to even think of that.

If Nascar wants no more cheating, then they might as well just make it like the IROC races.

Yooformula
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Toyota got special motor upgrades the rest of the field didnt get this year which is why they got bumped down in power a few weeks ago.

Prince Valiant
08-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh, I know...what I'm saying is what's wrong with extra power? Why try to keep the playing field so level?

Let them go at it with only a few easy to check/catch restrictions...make as much power as allowed.

Heat Seeker WS6
08-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Im a fan of the magnet thing because of the ingenuity it took to get it right. :thumbsup

They should create a NASCAR 'Unlimited' series just so they can fockin go to town on each other :banana

Holeshot
08-20-2008, 05:50 PM
^^^^ The Bad Boyz of Cup. Cheaters only......

flyin_blue_egg
08-23-2008, 07:08 PM

last i checked toyota doesn't make a V8 that makes 600HP.