PDA

View Full Version : Worst restaurants in Milwaukee....

BoosTT
08-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Just wondering what you guys think the worst restaurant in our area are.

My pick:
Double Dragon Chinese on hwy 100 right across from the honda dealer. The food looked so bad, we walked out without eating anything.

jbiscuit
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
the chinese buffet just south of greenfield ave on highway 100 is super dirty and gross. Actually, the chinese buffet on highway 100 and national is bad too.

michelle
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I sense a pattern, Chinese and Highway 100 don't go together well.

Crawlin
08-18-2008, 04:01 PM
i woulda rather eaten the grease off the floor at SUPERSHOPS compared to that chinese place.

team beater
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Just wondering what you guys think the worst restaurant in our area are.

My pick:
Double Dragon Chinese on hwy 100 right across from the honda dealer. The food looked so bad, we walked out without eating anything.

Double dragon is actually very good, every time I have eaten there I enjoyed it. That is coming from someone who grew up on Asian cuisine, being that i am Asian. Mind you I haven't been there in over a year though.

team beater
08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
BBQuick...... service is "in your face" lol

Anakonda69
08-18-2008, 04:20 PM
papa john's is gross.......nasty pizza

Russ Jerome
08-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Technicaly not a "restaraunt" but they serve food from noon
thru late in the evening, worst service in Milw/Brookfeild.

SLUGGO'S SPORTS BAR SUCKS

I have given them several tries to earn my large tips and
have brought numerous freinds thru, they all left pissed
off. I kept thinking it was a fluke till my neigbor lady who
is simply a joy to be with or talk to came home from there
recently....have NEVER seen this lady so pissed! They just
have this care free attitude, bartender hitting on some
girl while I hold out a pile of cash to serve my freinds,
waitres on the cell phone while you watch your food spoil
under a heat lamp, another bartender watching wresteling
while your glass is empty....place sucks.

Karps TA
08-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm LMAO cause all the places mentioned I go to quite often. Sluggo's is right by Briggs and we go probably once a month. Always pretty good bar food. We hit the old Super Shops Asian buffet every couple of months, and although it's not great it's good for the money. Papa John's is by far my favorite pizza chain pizza place. Reminds me alot of college type pizza. Wish they had one in Muskego instead of Dominos which I think is awful. I've been to Double Dragon a bunch of times as well and think it's good.

wikked
08-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Kurt's Steakhouse in Delafield.

Slow service on a weekday, and the two filet mignon's we got were practically blue in the middle they were so undercooked.
Literally had to be 1min per side... amateurs.

BigSnailBuick
08-18-2008, 05:37 PM
The George Webbs on Marquette's campus....even drunk at 3am its horrible. The place no lie is run by a crew of people that can barely read and write :chair:

nismodave
08-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Charcoal Grill was fvcking awful.

Papa Johns will make your shit your guts out.

BW3s can suck my balls.

GRAMPS SS
08-18-2008, 05:46 PM
BBQuick...... service is "in your face" lol

x INFINITY WHEN he is OPEN...

GRM-REPR
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd like to gerneralize, Applebees, TGIF, Pizza Hut, Poopa Johns, Famous Daves and Most Greek owned restaurants (which is pretty much everything now) (no offense to Greece).

My opinion.

BlackLightning
08-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Double dragon is actually very good, every time I have eaten there I enjoyed it. That is coming from someone who grew up on Asian cuisine, being that i am Asian. Mind you I haven't been there in over a year though.

double dragon isn't bad but that dark black shit they call soy sauce is terrible tasting. I think lychee gardens on about 79th and layton across from sendick's is the worst chinese food I have ever had.

GRAMPS SS
08-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Olive garden on Brown deer Road...service and food sucks....

BBQUICK.........OPPPPPPPS NOT OPEN...........:loser

Harvey Moys in the Falls.....food sucks and the place is dirty as hell the times i have been there...one time my boss found a staple in his food....:flipoff2:

Marcos Pizza in G-Town.....would rather eat cardboard....

JJs fish on Brown Deer Rd.....should i say more....

Jerry's in G-TOWN...totally sucks since Jerry sold it...

George Webbs in G-TOWN....service sucks...food cold..and the place looked like a pigs pen.....

TUMBLEWEEDS...Park PLace.....STAY AWAY

MURFS.....raw hamburgers 3 times that we tried.....

plus a few more not to mention right now...

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
08-18-2008, 06:41 PM

I wouldn't go near any JJ's, just asking for gut rot

Russ Jerome
08-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm LMAO cause all the places mentioned I go to quite often. .

I was afraid to mention it but I eat at that dirty China
buffet on Greenfeild and 100 when I can! The place on
the west side of the road, just keep your forearms off
the table so they dont stick! Happy folks working there,
feels like home :)

BoosTT
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I forgot all about the weissgerber's this includes: Seven seas, golden mast, Gasthaus, Seabird, Blue Point. They all have the same sh!t you can get at applebees for a fraction of the price, Plus applebees doesen't have shag carpet. I had a $100 gift card good at any of them. Drove to three, thinking one of them must be ok. Nope, all suck. I wish I would have spent the entire $100 at the Gasthaus bar.

I thought Kurts steak house was ok. My food was good, but we had reservations and it's insane expensive. It gets really busy there.

HY35F2T
08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Olive garden on Brown deer Road...service and food sucks....

BBQUICK.........OPPPPPPPS NOT OPEN...........:loser

Harvey Moys in the Falls.....food sucks and the place is dirty as hell the times i have been there...one time my boss found a staple in his food....:flipoff2:

Jerry's in G-TOWN...totally sucks since Jerry sold it...

George Webbs in G-TOWN....service sucks...food cold..and the place looked like a pigs pen.....

TUMBLEWEEDS...Park PLace.....STAY AWAY

murfs in waukesha?

WickedSix
08-18-2008, 07:55 PM
perkins .... wongs wok ....MARTY's pizza are all gawd awful and I can make better food in each respective field than them.

GRAMPS SS
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
on burleigh in brookfield..or is that tosa by boulder junction....this was a few years back...

Flicktitty
08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
i really haven't had to many real bad food experiances in the milwaukee area. Usually if i find a place i like i stick to it.

But most every george webbs sucks except the one on Hwy 100 And Edgerton is pretty good.

pOrk
08-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Sals in West Bend gives you mudd butt and the china palace serves dail old food when you order for delivery. I like papa johns

2000navyz
08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Red lobster on mayfair road (hwy 100) i had to work in the kitchen there and it was by far the worst, as far as being clean goes. the employees were no better.

wrath
08-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Waukesha:

Spring City on Silvernail/Grandview:
We were commenting on how it'd be nice to have a chicken gyro. They made us one. Then the owner found out about it. We told them that we're from Detroit and they have chicken gyros there. The owner said that this is a "family restaurant" and that the only thing they should serve in Detroit is fried chicken and watermelon.

Denny's on Silvernail: I almost pooped myself before I finished eating. Honestly, if you need to clean out your system you can do it here for about $7, tip included.

Olive Tree on Bluemound (opened in June):
We were seated within 8" of two tables. I ordered spaghetti and Italian sausage. The sausage was pink in the middle. No one that worked there seemed to know that veal is baby cow (mostly bull) and not lamb other than the owner. There was a crazy woman in her 50s there that was convinced that veal was lamb.

Cherubs on 18:
Long since gone.

Christina's on 18/Summit: I got a patty melt that wasn't even on rye bread. The food was clearly out of a box. It's probably great for old people that smoke.

Rocky Rococo on Silvernail:
Ghettofabular. Worst one I've been to.

Quiznos on Silvernail: The guy/family that owns this one should have stuck with Real Estate. They suck at the sub-making and the family tensions in the workplace makes for a nerve-irritating food-grabbing experience.

Gasthaus on Silvernail: Bunch of fscksticks here. We heard it was good. So when my friends from dayoop (upper peninsula) came we went there. For four of us it came to $120. It took us 6-8 minutes to get seated because the waitress was off servicing her boss or something. There were like 5 tables with people at them so she wasn't busy. What I had was good, but a bit salty. My girlfriend had a salt surprise (I wouldn't eat it), my friend had a raw chewy steak of some sort and the waitress never brought sour cream or butter for the potato even though he asked twice (the two times she ever came to our table). His girlfriend got salmon. It wasn't even half cooked. It looked like it'd been gutted, heated long enough to warm it up and cook about a third of it, then pulled out. When we complained about the fish (and only the fish) she said "oh, ok". Not "I'm sorry" or "I'll let the cook know". She didn't get a tip.

New Berlin:
Charcoal Grill: The pizza was borderline disgusting. I have never thrown away pizza before, not even Little Sleezers $5 Snot-n-Ready. I brought it home but it didn't even make it to the apartment, I put it in the dumpster. My girlfriend's sandwich was good. The pizza was enough where they don't get another strike. Oh, and they originally plumped down a pizza in front of me that wasn't what I ordered. 5 minutes later I was still eating my girlfriend's food and they came and took it back and then gave it to another table. I then got my pizza.

brownc00
08-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Agreed 100% with the ones above. But, if you are going to slam G-town places, how about that sh!thole excuse of McDonalds we have here. I got a 1/4 pounder there once with 12 slices of cheese (i counted) and 1/2 a piece of meat. I mean how the hell hard is it to put "bun-cheese-meat-cheese-bun" in that order! Drive through is a nightmare and they have gotten at least 10 complimentary burnouts from me.

Sluggo's can chew the dingle-berries out of a fat chix azz!! Officially on the boycotted for life list!

spindler27
08-18-2008, 10:47 PM
murfs in waukesha? its on sunset across from the cousins, pizza hut etc

Prince Valiant
08-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Most of the places I go to that fall in the "suck" category, suck because of service...rarely due to food.

BBquick:

actually had good food the time I went, and they were friendly. However, it took forever to get my food. I can appreciate being talkative to the customer, but it gets to the point that it makes those WAITING for their food feel like they're only a passing concern. SERVICE IS KEY!

Famous Dave's:

I actually quite enjoy many of their menu items...it's NOT the best at anything, but sort of a jack-of-all-trades type place that can placate my bbq desires for a while. Problem is, too many of the servers are woefully inexperienced. Furthermore, they have this "shtick" of being outgoing and talkative...even if the server isn't, so it ends up being bizarre. Best bet there is just go to the bar and get served.

Soblemans:

Here's my favorite hamburger in milwaukee...GREAT food. What's the problem then? Long waits to sit, long wait for food. It's a product of their small dining/kitchen/building overall to be sure. They did expand, which has helped, but it's STILL too small by half. So I go...with it in mind that I DON'T bring someone who hates waiting and knowing I may be waiting a while.

SlowStee
08-19-2008, 12:25 AM
This is just a personal opinion thread. Some of the places mentioned have good food IMO. It seems others think the same too.

Russ Jerome
08-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Sluggo's can chew the dingle-berries out of a fat chix azz!! Officially on the boycotted for life list!

Sluggo's is the only place I can think of on my BAN list for
food or beer. If we could only tear it down and put a White Castle
up there....god life would be good!

boostaddict14
08-19-2008, 12:47 AM
I eat out alot and here are my places not to eat.

Le bistro shanghai on hwy 100
ants were crawling right next to our food.

Downtown
Real Chili
I despise this place.

and thats all i can think of however there may be more tommorow cause im drunk.

wikked
08-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Downtown
Real Chili
I despise this place.

:stare You might be in the minority on that one... do you not like chili in general? I haven't heard anyone not like that place, just curious :)

perkins .... wongs wok ....MARTY's pizza are all gawd awful and I can make better food in each respective field than them.

omg I LOVE Marty's pizza... probably one of my top 3. :stare
Although I've never had anything but pizza there... the other food could blow.

wrath
08-19-2008, 10:37 AM
omg I LOVE Marty's pizza... probably one of my top 3. :stare
Although I've never had anything but pizza there... the other food could blow.

Marty's isn't bad. My work orders it all the time so I get kind of tired of it. I like Toppers better (at least the one in Waukesha). I'm a pizza junky though. I like Bobbanas (on Summit in Waukesha) but they probably won't last long. Too goddamn slow. They're where Paisano's used to be.

GRM-REPR
08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I had never been to a Texas Road House until a bachelor party in May this year. Everyone bragged about how awesome it was. I thought everything tasted like it came from the frozen foods section at Pick N' Save. One of the worst "steaks" I've ever had, the waitress wouldn't shut the fvck up and everything was luke warm. What a dump.

Someone mentioned Red Lobster as well.....Shit X2......

jbiscuit
08-19-2008, 10:43 AM
a lot of the places listed I agree with.

The Forum on highway 100 and Layton should be listed too...is it a bar or a restaurant? The last time I was in there, the waitresses were all huddled around a booth smoking like crazy and we had to wait until one of them was done to come take our order! Ick.

GRM-REPR
08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
a lot of the places listed I agree with.

The Forum on highway 100 and Layton should be listed too...is it a bar or a restaurant? The last time I was in there, the waitresses were all huddled around a booth smoking like crazy and we had to wait until one of them was done to come take our order! Ick.

X 1,000,000......some of the worst food ever.....:durr

mynameismike65
08-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Well of course JJ's fish and chicken is going to suck......what do you think the hood rats working the kitchen are thinking when a white guy in a Camaro pulls up :goof .........Texas roadhouse in West Bend is fun to go to when your with your buddies.....its more for atmosphere and having a good time then the food, which I will agree does taste like its frozen from pick n save. Although did you guys hear that whole story of the cook there who could be facing jail time for putting hair in a steak :puke

johnny--2k
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
I agree with what was said above about service. I rarely complain about the food, it's usually the service that pisses me off. IE: I think Perkins is OK for a bite to eat that's not fast food, and not as slow as some of the other chains like Fridays, etc... Perkins is actually pretty quick.

GRM-REPR
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Perkins is actually alright.

JC70SS
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Pedro's is the worst.

I like Marty's...very good Pie.

I also like Sluggo's. It helps if your softball team is sponsored by them.

jbiscuit
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
^^ I AGREE, Pedros is AWFUL!

Prince Valiant
08-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Pedro's is the worst.

I like Marty's...very good Pie.

I also like Sluggo's. It helps if your softball team is sponsored by them.^^ I AGREE, Pedros is AWFUL!
And yet for some reason, it's ALWAYS packed; why? I don't know.

JC70SS
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Because most suburbanites are afraid to travel to 5th and National.

LIZMO
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
i can't say i have a long list of restaurants that i hate. the only really bad experience i've had was when i like about 10-12 years old and i got some rice and gravy (from wongs wok) and when she poured the gravy there was a little chunk, we both thought it was just chicken, so i forgot about it, then took a bit out of my rice. and... it was minty gum. never went to that wongs wok again, and thankfully that one place went out of business. but i still order every once ina while from the like one wongs wok thats left

Al
08-20-2008, 12:23 AM
The most recent restaraunt that I hated was the Burger King on hwy 100, south of Lincoln and north of Cleveland.

My reasons:
-Girl at register picks nose and doesn't wash hands after sneezing.
-I said no ketchup, WTF!
-anyone here ever think of cleaning the tables...this week?
-the floor was sticky.
-I would like fries with my salt, please.

GRM-REPR
08-20-2008, 12:27 AM
The most recent restaraunt that I hated was the Burger King on hwy 100, south of Lincoln and north of Cleveland.

My reasons:
-Girl at register picks nose and doesn't wash hands after sneezing.
-I said no ketchup, WTF!
-anyone here ever think of cleaning the tables...this week?
-the floor was sticky.
-I would like fries with my salt, please.

:rolf:rolf:rolf

It didn't earn the nickname Booger King for nothing.....

SlowStee
08-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Burger kings are all trash in west allis....a shame because they have good food.

Voodoo Chick
08-20-2008, 03:40 AM
Johnny V's Pizza on hwy 100...........They have the WORST food I have ever had. It's so bad it actually defies description.

boostaddict14
08-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Nah I like chili, but I don't like real chili

place was gross, guy was weird, yea

jbiscuit
08-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Johnny V's Pizza on hwy 100...........They have the WORST food I have ever had. It's so bad it actually defies description.

OMG I forgot about Johnny V's on 84th street and I live right there. It is disgusting there. I would NEVER go there again:eek: Same owner I take it?

PureSound15
08-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I like the Forum for breakfast food. Plus it's nice and empty when I'm hungry at 2 AM afer a night at Bushys.

Webbs is great when the staff actually cares. The one in New Berlin usually is pretty good.

CobraSnake
08-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I haven't really had that many bad experiences.

I don't remember the name but it was a resturant in the radison hotel back 4 maybe 5 years ago. We had gone for my girlfriends(wife now) birthday. We had one of those coupon books and it had a coupon for this place so we decieded to try something different. Bad choice. When we got there it was dead so we got seated right away. Our waitress was this tiny little highschool girl that didn't know her ass from a hole in the ground. We started to order and asked what type of soup. She said chicken dumplin so we said ok cool will all get the soup. Then we went up and there was no soup at all. They said they had to bring it out. When they brought it out it was vegteable soup. We asked the waitress about it and she said she made a mistake and yes it was vegteable soup. Then we finally got our food after watching someone that came in after us recieve theirs before us. My dad had prime rib that was like $20 something for the meal that was ALL fat. Not just a little bit but almost ALL fat. he sent that back and got chicken. I ordered a steak which was actually pretty good. I had ordered mashed potatoes with it and when they came it was a baked potatoe. I sent it back and they brought me back the exact same baked potatoe but, they just MASHED it up. I told them it was not acceptable so they went to get me actual mashed potatoes. When those came back you could still see the powder from the instant mashed potatoes on the edges and it wasn't even cooked. So at that point we said were not paying and we left. I had another bad experience at Denny's in the Dell's. The food was normal Denny's which isn't all that bad ecspecially(sp?) breakfast. Well it took the waitress over 20 minutes to come to our table after taking another 20 minutes to get seated. She finally came and got our order. All seemed to be good when we got our food and we started eating. I need syrup my milk my wife needed her orange juice and the list goes on and on. She finally came to another table in yelling distance so I got her over. She started crying at the table about how busy she is and what not. I told her I worked at Denny's and this by far is not that busy. She had like 4 tables if that and 2 of them were pretty much done when we sat down. Those were the only two that I can think of as of right now.

Mark

Karps TA
08-20-2008, 11:12 AM
I love the greek restaurants. Forum, Omega, etc... Great breakfasts. Awesome food after bar. Much better then George Webbs IMO.

The only really bad places I can say is the Burger King by my work on 124th and Capital used to be terrible. I stopped going there 2 years ago, cause even the Drive Thru would take 30 minutes, even if you were the only car. 15 minutes of it would be trying to yell your order in to the illiterate person taking the order. Then you'd get up there and Shanana would take 5 minutes just to give you back your change cause her gigantic fake nails were so long she wouldn't be able to scoop the dimes out of the register.

Syclone0044
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
The only really bad places I can say is the Burger King by my work on 124th and Capital used to be terrible. I stopped going there 2 years ago, cause even the Drive Thru would take 30 minutes, even if you were the only car. 15 minutes of it would be trying to yell your order in to the illiterate person taking the order. Then you'd get up there and Shanana would take 5 minutes just to give you back your change cause her gigantic fake nails were so long she wouldn't be able to scoop the dimes out of the register.

I used to work by that same burger king (124th & Capitol), and it was the WORST BK I've been to. The staff played a big role in that. Unbelievably bad service, every time I went there.

mama b
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Perkins is actually alright.

perkins is great compared to the webbs i ate at a couple days ago. first mistake, eating at webbs. haha.
secondly. the 'waitress' if you could even call her that, was disgusting. & i know its webbs, but appearance is kind of a big thing, especially in the food service industry. shirt was filthy & untucked, her hair was all sorts of nappy, & when i got my food finally, i seen that they don't use gloves or anything to put the toast on the plate. with all the chainsmoking they do in the back rooom.. ickkkkkkkkk!

Voodoo Chick
08-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah, both Johnny V's are owned by the same people. Which might explain why they are both so horrid.

mama b
08-20-2008, 11:57 AM
i hate johnny v's. not only the horrible food but the fact that it seems to be the cool place to hangout for anyone under 16. so annoying when your actually trying to eat & a table of really 'awesome' highschoolers are being loud & obnoxious & the staff does nothing about it. garbage.

Nix
08-20-2008, 12:13 PM
i hate johnny v's. not only the horrible food but the fact that it seems to be the cool place to hangout for anyone under 16. so annoying when your actually trying to eat & a table of really 'awesome' highschoolers are being loud & obnoxious & the staff does nothing about it. garbage.

It sounds like you are describing Dennys in Waukesha by Sentry and Fox Run.

So many damn punks and just plain shitheads after midnight. :flipoff2:

BeesTwinEG
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
jj fish n chicken is good especially 50 piece wing special for under 30bucks!

but i dont like the food @ Pizzaman on Oakland and North ave. bad waiter/waitress.
nice place but damn fukrs dont know how to cook, no customer service and expansive for no damn reason.

Flicktitty
08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
worst resturant?

Firestone on 76th and mill.
People always say they have great wings but they never show up?
bad customer service lol.

Neal Steffek
08-20-2008, 01:44 PM
I can't stand the wings at BW3's. By far the worst wings out there. The restaurant itself I like though.

CobraSnake
08-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I can't stand the wings at BW3's. By far the worst wings out there. The restaurant itself I like though.

Its just waaay to expensive. I ordered a chicken sandwhich at the one thats in Kenosha I believe and the piece of chicken was 1/2 the size of the bun. The sandwhich with fries was like $10 bucks or something. Just ridiculous.

Mark

formul8
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM
That restaurant where the kid got busted putting pubes in the food.

Voodoo Chick
08-21-2008, 12:27 AM
For delivery, the worst I have had so far was "Papa Lucci's." Not only does the food suck, the staff is retarded, they'll forget your food, and tell you to pay for it anyway. They are REALLY bad.