PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Car Paint damage touched up?

SlowStee
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Looking for a Shop to touch this up, and not slaughter me on price. The cuts are kind of deep.

Car Guy
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
What is your definition of touching it up...??? It will make a huge difference.....

Cryptic
08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
yeah, touch up paint and a buff is alot different than sanding that fender down and painting to match.

SlowStee
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I honestly am just trying to see what my options are to fixing this, and what it will cost.

DRK
08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I would level it, color blend it, and clear the whole panel. I don't do or recommend clear blends on anything that is nice. For race cars and DD it's a cheap way to go and it's what most body shops will do. I will guarantee you will see a clear blend in a few years, especially if it sits out in the sun a lot.

done right / whole panel $250- $500
clear blend $100-$250

kenseth17
08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree with drk. Anything other then sanding them out, spot in base and reclearing the panel will probably just look like a repair. Sometimes we are forced to do a blend like on a sail panel to avoid a lot of extra panels to paint because there is no convienient place to mask off, like on a sail panel to avoid painting the roof and the other quarter, and try to keep the blend area small. On a panel is small as a fender, and a nice car, its would be best and kinda stupid not to blend base over the repair area and shoot clear on the whole panel. Modern paint will not remelt with solvent, so if you do a blend, you have a thin layer of clear on the blend, that is not really the correct mil thickness, and chancing earlier failure, even if you do a good blend and get it to buff out so its undetectable. A fender in otherwise good condition, other then some scrapes, I would think would be somewhere between 3 to 4 hrs labor time, and shouldn't be over $150 in materials.

T-Bag
08-18-2008, 06:40 PM
WTF happened dude?

SlowStee
08-19-2008, 12:34 PM
How about a shop suggestion boys and gals??