PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new job

Waver
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
some of you know that while I was in the hospital, officemax did a bit of restructuring of the management of all of the stores. All titled positions except for store manager got eliminated, including mine.....since I was in the hospital I was unable to interview for the equivilant position ( supervisor with more responsibilities) to what I had, so I got laid off with two weks severence pay...Any how need a job now. I have an extensive sales and automotive background, with management experience.

So here is what i am looking for, any kind of sales, service writer (preferred), parts....i will even consider car sales. so post up what you got.

CobraSnake
08-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Well I have tons of experience and I went out one day looking for car sales and got hired by 6 different places. So car sales is easy. Service writer or parts guy will be tuff.

Mark

theavenger333
08-18-2008, 08:41 PM
dude, you dont have FMLA? can't remember which on it is. they have to guarantee you your job when you come back from medical leave, or at least give you the chance to get an equivalent.

STANMAN
08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
dude, you dont have FMLA? can't remember which on it is. they have to guarantee you your job when you come back from medical leave, or at least give you the chance to get an equivalent.

Everyone has FMLA, this would for sure qualify. Nick, I would look into this for sure.

GRAMPS SS
08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
^^^^^^he speaks the truth...when i was on workmans comp...and came back to work a year later...they said i was laid off...i got a lawyer...got my job back...then quit....but the point is..they can't just let you go when on leave....that's what my lawyer told me....

and if mark can get 6 places wanting him...you should have no problemo....

Korndogg
08-18-2008, 08:53 PM

:rolf

Waver
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
^^^^^^he speaks the truth...when i was on workmans comp...and came back to work a year later...they said i was laid off...i got a lawyer...got my job back...then quit....but the point is..they can't just let you go when on leave....that's what my lawyer told me....

ahhh but in this case it falls into a loop hole in the fmla act. I talked to my sister, who is the head of hr at the company she works for, as well as a hr lawyer. She said that because my position was eliminated (like all management positions) in the first place that they dont have to have a job waiting for me, since there is no longer an equivalant position available (the new position that shares the same title as the one that I had and that is it and there was none like it).....It royally sucks, but leave it to a company that will probably be closing some stores in the area to find a loophole in the fmla act. Oh, and yes, my fmla was approved........but did me no good.

STANMAN
08-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Welcome to WI, one of the last "At will employer" states. I had forgotten about that "loophole". Wish I had something for you Nick, don't know if you would ever want to get into manufacturing, but I can let you know if something pops up if you would like:thumbsup

Yooformula
08-19-2008, 09:49 AM
how about unemployment?

CobraSnake
08-19-2008, 10:25 AM
how about unemployment?

thats the best kind of employment.

CobraSnake
08-19-2008, 10:25 AM

Hey now

xxtremeteam
08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Nick,
Get into the health care field enrty level transporter,house keeping most have valet that pays well and get your education paid for and hospitals will never go over seas

whitepony
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
^ agree health care is the highest paying anything these days...