PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson 105th

Neal Steffek
08-18-2008, 03:22 AM
So this starts in just over one week, and there is no talk of it in Milwaukee. Five years ago it was talked about all freak'n summer about how insane it was going to be along with how people would rent out your place for thousands of dollars just for the weekend. And you know what, it WAS insane.

This year nothing. As someone who manages a bar on Water Street I hope to god it is crazy nuts. Miller and Harley has already screwed the parties at night time with different streets on different nights. WTF is up with that? Miller and Harley F'd up big time this year with that one.

So what have you all heard, good or bad?

This is a run down of what is happening.

105th Anniversary Celebration
Street Parties
Harley-Davidson will hold five free street parties with live music during its 105th anniversary celebration. They are:
Aug. 27 – Highland Avenue between 35th and 38th streets
The Crave, Foghat, Amanda Overmeyer
Aug. 28 – Milwaukee Street between Mason and Wisconsin Avenue
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Tea Leaf Green
Aug. 29 – East North Avenue between Prospect and Oakland
Blind Melon, The Crave, Alana Grace
Aug. 30 – Old World Third Street between Juneau Avenue and State Street
Big Head Todd & The Monsters, Tea Leaf Green
Aug. 31 – Water Street between Knapp Street and Highland Avenue
Blue Oyster Cult

Summerfest Grounds
Harley’s 105th celebration will include two days of action at the Summerfest grounds, with four stages of live music.
Aug. 29
• Amanda Overmeyer • Alana Grace
• Tea Leaf Green • Los Lonely Boys
• Black Rebel Motorcycle Club • Gary Allan
• War • Big Head Todd & The Monsters
• ZZ Top • Foghat
• The Black Crowes
Aug. 30
• Amanda Overmeyer • Alana Grace
• Rev Theory • Peter Frampton
• Joan Jett & The Blackhearts • Blind Melon
• Puddle of Mudd • Cameo
• Dierks Bentley • Daughtry
• Blue Oyster Cult

Roadhouse at the Lakefront (inside Veteran’s Park)
Aug. 29
Foo Fighters with Three Days Grace
Aug. 30
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Club H.O.G. 25th Anniversary Celebration (at Miller Park grounds)
Aug. 28
Performances by Kid Rock, Lewis Black, John Bowman, Greg Giraldo, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and others.

Breecher_7
08-18-2008, 04:33 AM
Does the police department still pay you for turning in drunk drivers if they are convicted? :confused :thumbsup

I take it your business will not be bennifiting from this as I know you have stated the past that you do not serve motorcyclists or somthing along those lines? Somthing about the noise and the neighbors?

Neal Steffek
08-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Does the police department still pay you for turning in drunk drivers if they are convicted? :confused :thumbsup

I take it your business will not be bennifiting from this as I know you have stated the past that you do not serve motorcyclists or somthing along those lines? Somthing about the noise and the neighbors?

The bar my family owns in Stallis is not a biker bar. At the end of the month every bar will more or less be a biker bar though. It is not that we don't like bikes, we do, but we don't want the loud bikes waking everyone up at 2:30 in the mourning every night.

For the big bar I run on Water Street, I hope the cops are smart enough to have the street blocked off Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun.

badass88gt
08-18-2008, 06:47 AM
How do ticket prices go for this? I had all lined up some passes for my GF's dad who is a big motorcyclist but the guy with the tickets decided to keep them for himself. Can you just buy them?

srt4eh
08-18-2008, 07:20 AM
My mom's friend and mine will be performing with her band. Sue DaBaco & Wise Fools....HARLEYS 105th CELEBRATION @ the WINDHORSE SALOON on 8/31/2008 from Noon til 4pm. 200 N. 25th St. If you have a chance I highly suggest you check them out....their music is pretty damn good. www.wise-fools.com

Karps TA
08-18-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm mostly curious is the cops will take a break from their Drunk Driving crackdown that started this past weekend, for the 105th. Or will they just concentrate on the cars, and ignore the bikers as usual.

I work with a bunch of people really into HD so I've been hearing about the 105th since last year.

BoosTT
08-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Non-bikers don't even know when it started. I asked about 10 people an no one knew.

Can you buy tickets there? Any idea how much they are?

Josepy
08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
I will be down there for the Foo Fighters and 3 days grace.

Feature Pony
08-18-2008, 09:14 AM
I think you can still get tickets, go on harleys website. I paid $65 for 1 which isn't bad.

juicedimpss
08-18-2008, 09:18 AM
im hoping its busy.

tommyt5078
08-18-2008, 11:20 AM
You forgot about the party at Harley/Silk ?

SSDude
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
105th, what that?

DSMDuDE
08-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I know ill be working 8am to 8pm 7 days straight at House

So ill be plenty busy

Flicktitty
08-18-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm Staying As Far Away From There As Possible.

GRAMPS SS
08-18-2008, 08:13 PM
105TH is keep the shop busy with shirts to be made.....poor guys have to work over time....

GRAMPS SS
08-18-2008, 08:20 PM
dealerships have bands as well don't they...i heard a rumor that the BO DEANS were playing at one...??????????????

0TransAm0
08-18-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm Staying As Far Away From There As Possible.

x2

lordairgtar
08-18-2008, 09:12 PM
My mom's girlfriend (yes....she is) will be performing with her band. Sue DaBaco & Wise Fools....HARLEYS 105th CELEBRATION @ the WINDHORSE SALOON on 8/31/2008 from Noon til 4pm. 200 N. 25th St. If you have a chance I highly suggest you check them out....their music is pretty damn good. www.wise-fools.com
Holy WOW!!!! What an awesome sounding band, Truly, you have to listen to these people.

I am going to be in Fond Du Lac that weekend away from all the noise. I sure would like to now how an event in Milwaukee would make hotel prices in FDL go over double in price.:flipoff2:

Feature Pony
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Holy WOW!!!! What an awesome sounding band, Truly, you have to listen to these people.

I am going to be in Fond Du Lac that weekend away from all the noise. I sure would like to now how an event in Milwaukee would make hotel prices in FDL go over double in price.:flipoff2:

LOL.. Hog is going to have a party at the washington county fair grounds and a bunch of bikes coming from upper michigan are also rolling through Fondy.

srt4eh
08-18-2008, 10:47 PM

Thanks!:headbang

Russ Jerome
08-18-2008, 11:23 PM
I like the way I have to navagate potholes all year, now just days
away they are completely redoing the road between I-45 and
the Milwaukee Harley store............coincidence? The road has
been a total mess for 2 years (been driving it 5 and 6 days a
week for 2 years) and now there are 14 trucks and equipment
totaly redoing HWY 100 and Silk lot adjacent to it. Tax dollars
at work for white collar riders who would be driving BMWs otherwise.

Flicktitty
08-19-2008, 12:08 AM
:rolf i honestly didn't put 2 and 2 together but that makes all the sense in the world.
I like the way I have to navagate potholes all year, now just days
away they are completely redoing the road between I-45 and
the Milwaukee Harley store............coincidence? The road has
been a total mess for 2 years (been driving it 5 and 6 days a
week for 2 years) and now there are 14 trucks and equipment
totaly redoing HWY 100 and Silk lot adjacent to it. Tax dollars
at work for white collar riders who would be driving BMWs otherwise.

LIZMO
08-19-2008, 12:12 AM
you have no idea how happy i was to see them fixing that part of the road up. that is like a death trap to lowered cars. :chair:

Russ Jerome
08-19-2008, 12:19 AM
you have no idea how happy i was to see them fixing that part of the road up. that is like a death trap to lowered cars. :chair:

I ride a 150 scooter to Lakeside International, for a while before the
holes got filled in with broken car parts I had some tense moments :)
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/fronttwoscoots.jpg

Cool part is I can cruise by the Dealership when I get off on Saturdays
with my CD deck whaling away as I pass all the 20k dollar harleys who
dont have radios or coudnt hear them even if they did with there constant
WOT revs...sitting still....WTF? I've built my own Harleys from scratch
and dont beleive I ever sat there just reving the piss outa it just because?