PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about these???

CobraSnake
08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
They are called rods supposedly they are translucent things that you cannot see with the naked eye. The go like 100mph or something like that. Check these videos out.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rods&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=rod

lilws6
08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Yea i was just watching something on tv about that they think they have two sets f wings and are traveling so fast the camera doesn't have time to pick it up. they were doing al sorts of tests trying to see if they would get one on a slowmotion cam. I dunno if i believe it but what if there was an animal that could fly that fast that no one would see it

subliminal1284
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Rods aka insects.....They are just bugs that look like rods with wings because they are out of focus of the video camera. They were able to recreate the "rod" effect by letting bugs fly by a video camera.

lordairgtar
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Dragonflies humping in mid air.

Voodoo Chick
08-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I have seen a few shows about them, they kinda look like just plain bugs to me, but who knows, they might be some kind of really weird species.

CobraSnake
08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
I thought they were just bugs as well. If they were real i'm sure we would've heard more and more about them seeing as how they find out about them in like 1996.

Mark

rally_scort
08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
oops, i thought you were talking about connecting rods.After that cam thread, i assumed waaay to much :rolf:rolf

Prince Valiant
08-18-2008, 11:45 AM
They recreated "rods" on Monster Quest on the history channel. As stated, they are very simply bugs and small birds moving through the field of view for the camera, and specifically very close to the camera...making it seem as if it flew through a WIDE view in a near instant, when it really only few a few inches/feet from the lens.

Running two camera's at the same time, one a very high speed, and the other being a normal video camera, they showed how the "rod's" that flew across one screen was a very ordinary bug flying across the high speed screen.

Even with the dearth of evidence of their existence, even with the demonstrations of them being bugs and how this effect occurs, there are STILL people who believe in these things.

CobraSnake
08-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't know I guess I'm just into that weird stuff thats unexplainable. check this vid out.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=rods&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=ufo%20iceland&hl=en&emb=0

EDIT:Its the one that says UFO in Iceland