PDA

View Full Version : SY 04 Cobra in Racine

Feature Pony
08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I was working outside I saw a 04 cobra rolling west on Hwy 20 by emertson road (spelling) it had louvers on the back and sounded nice, maybe stingers?

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Dunno who stinger is but I have not seen that car in awhile, good to know he is still around.
If its the car I'm thinking of he's had it since new but does not drive it that much. How anyone can not drive this car as much as possible in the summer is beyond me. :thumbsup

Sounds like mine IMO, the local Comp Orange and Torch Red Cobra sound that same way as well, don't they all have the modified exhaust now ? :shades

Feature Pony
08-17-2008, 09:31 AM
its funny cause I know of 5 SY cobra coupes around here and this is the 6th now out of 299 cars made. My buddy now has a SY 04 cobra vert lots of SY cars around here. I also remember seeing about 5 co cobras on dealer lots around here and I have yet to see one driving or at a show around here.

stenchmiester
08-17-2008, 02:25 PM
hey rick i was told to ask by someone is your truck orange?

94greenbandit
08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
What is an SY cobra???

mynameismike65
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Dunno who stinger is but I have not seen that car in awhile, good to know he is still around.
If its the car I'm thinking of he's had it since new but does not drive it that much. How anyone can not drive this car as much as possible in the summer is beyond me. :thumbsup

Sounds like mine IMO, the local Comp Orange and Torch Red Cobra sound that same way as well, don't they all have the modified exhaust now ? :shades

Hes not talking about a nickname he was talking about Borla Stingers catback:rolf

Mudd Runner
08-18-2008, 10:56 AM
What is an SY cobra???

Screaming Yellow maybe.:confused

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Hes not talking about a nickname he was talking about Borla Stingers catback:rolf

Ah yes that crappy ole catback from the chevy parts guys at SLP, I would keep stock junk before I bolted on those rasp boxes. :flipoff2:

mynameismike65
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Ah yes that crappy ole catback from the chevy parts guys at SLP, I would keep stock junk before I bolted on those rasp boxes. :flipoff2:

The stingers arn't made by SLP/ for Chevy's.......its the FRPP (Ford Racing Performance Parts) liscenced catback made by Borla.....they are anything but junk rasp boxes and are all Ford......are you mistaking them for the SLP LM's?:confused

CompOrangeCobra
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
IMO, stingers with cats sound pretty good, but when I got rid of the cats, they got way too loud and a bit raspy/rappy. Thinking of going with some flowmaster 40s to mellow it out a bit.

mynameismike65
08-19-2008, 05:26 PM
IMO, stingers with cats sound pretty good, but when I got rid of the cats, they got way too loud and a bit raspy/rappy. Thinking of going with some flowmaster 40s to mellow it out a bit.

Noooooooo Mac catback/ O/R prochamber!!!!!!!! Sex on wheels......you have a 4v......take advantage of the fact that it can sound awesome if you do it right.....unlike my 3v:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJkWwQDIhI

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
The stingers arn't made by SLP/ for Chevy's.......its the FRPP (Ford Racing Performance Parts) liscenced catback made by Borla.....they are anything but junk rasp boxes and are all Ford......are you mistaking them for the SLP LM's?:confused
My mistake I sure am mistaking the stingers for the LM. Guess I never heard the stingers.
Not that I know of, I was told the FRPP CB sounds nice, big $$$ tho.

CompOrangeCobra
08-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Noooooooo Mac catback/ O/R prochamber!!!!!!!! Sex on wheels......you have a 4v......take advantage of the fact that it can sound awesome if you do it right.....unlike my 3v:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJkWwQDIhI

Now don't get me wrong, that combo sounds bad _ss but for some reason flows ALWAYS catch my attention especially when combined with an o/r H and some long tubes, that hollow chambered sound drives me crazy. I just haven't heard any termys in person with some or all of that combo in person. Sound clips can only get you so far and sometimes sound similar to other combos, sometimes its just better to hear it in person. Are the mac mufflers chambered cause then kinda sounded like it but again it hard to tell off a sound clip?

mynameismike65
08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Now don't get me wrong, that combo sounds bad _ss but for some reason flows ALWAYS catch my attention especially when combined with an o/r H and some long tubes, that hollow chambered sound drives me crazy. I just haven't heard any termys in person with some or all of that combo in person. Sound clips can only get you so far and sometimes sound similar to other combos, sometimes its just better to hear it in person. Are the mac mufflers chambered cause then kinda sounded like it but again it hard to tell off a sound clip?

Yeah the Macs are chambered.....I do know what you mean about that "hollow" sound (the sound missing from the new 3V:mad:) The flows with the o/h would sound sexy as hell.........either way make sure to go o/r;)

STANMAN
08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
What is an SY cobra???

Sonic Yellow. It's like Sonic Blue, only yellow:rolf

CobraSnake
08-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Sonic Yellow. It's like Sonic Blue, only yellow:rolf

read the post up a little bit STANMAN its Screaming Yellow.

Mark

STANMAN
08-20-2008, 04:29 PM
read the post up a little bit STANMAN its Screaming Yellow.

Mark

It was a joke, see the :rolf????

:rolf

94greenbandit
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
For those with mustangs aren't the Bassani exhausts pretty good also. From what I heard they sound pretty good. Are they as expensive as a Borla type system

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Bassani and Borla are expensive systems that sounds nice, I think the bassani may be a bit raspy like the SLP loud mouth.

94greenbandit
08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh ok thanks