PDA

View Full Version : Fox Owners! Fuel Pump Prob.

Sprayaway Fox
08-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Ok long story short, New 255 pump last year and relay just cause thought be a good idea, no enertia box, my fuel pump cuts out driving!, be going down the road whenever it wants(once in a while) and fuel shuts off. gotta key it a bunch of times to get running. Anybody had this problem. Think ignition switch or potmetal ign. arm. think I am on the rite track? Trying to Make BCM show with at least one of my buckets o' fug:chair:.

badass88gt
08-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Double check all wiring connections? Everything tight at the relay?

Sprayaway Fox
08-15-2008, 02:16 AM
2yrs ago I had a holley pump in it and it melted the harness going into tank when hit key out of storage. So did all (new pump harness,pump, enertia, relay) last year, and ran fine, this year too. when it dies you hit the key it turns over but thats it. A couple more times and you finally hear the pump and itll start.:confused

DurtyKurty
08-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Check the signal from the eec to the relay, to see if it's trying to turn on the fuel pump. Keep in mind that it switches to ground. If shows that that is trying to turn on the fuel pump, then you know you have something bad on the fuel pump side of the relay, and not the eec side. Hope that made sense.

Sprayaway Fox
08-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I will give it a shot today.