PDA

View Full Version : Dvr Help!!!!!!

lasttimearound
08-14-2008, 03:38 PM
okay, i got my dvr set up today, worked great, programmed some shows for it to record, then as i was programming my remote to work with my dvd player the cable went schiesty, is anyone else having cable issues or is my box f'd up? i reset the remote and it works ok now. but the cable itself sucks, and the box has reset 3 times now. it goes to the mystro initialization screen and gets 4 of the 6 boxes reset then turns off. it seems like a box issue to me, but the timewarner guy on the phone said to keep trying as he doesnt know whats going on. anyone have any ideas other than blowing this box up, running it over with the truck, throwing it in the lake, shooting at it (which evidentally voids the warranty) and any other means of destruction?

whitepony
08-14-2008, 04:15 PM
sounds like a box issue, have someone come out to hook you up with a new box.. I've gone threw 2 already....

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I had those type of problems when my DVR box was 2 splitters deep into my house, 1 splitter and its fine, thus no DVR box for me upstairs.

jersyboyy
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I was working for timewarner cable and comcast for about a year. Sounds like a crappy box to me. I know alot of guys who do installs would get it to work as quickly as possible have you sign the papers and leave because we all knew theirs a 50/50 chance the box would go bad within 20 minutes.

Ricky Bobby
08-14-2008, 05:15 PM
it could be the box or u have bad signal and the box cant get its full download complete and it keeps rebooting cause it keeps gettin stuck

lasttimearound
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
yeah, i finally got pissed enough to call the dude (Who was in costa rica by the way) back, and he actually ran some more diagnosis and found it to be my box. so i went out the souf ridge mall and got a new box and a months free service for bitching about it. so it all worked out i guess. thanks for help guys.