PDA

View Full Version : Cable, Dish, At&t or other?

OxmanWI
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I want to get cable, but I don't know who to go with as far as quality, channels, packages and price. What do you have, how do you like it and what do you pay?

70 cutlass 442
08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
i like dish.

OxmanWI
08-14-2008, 03:31 PM
i like dish.

Answer my questions or else!

Want_Notch
08-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I have TWC all in one package.

Cable with one HD DVR, HD Channels, Voice over I/P Phone and Upgraded RR but we pay about 135 a month for it.

Reliable, decent service. Can't really complain with anything other than the price.

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-14-2008, 03:35 PM
$125 for internets and tv with a dvr box, non HD no hbo type premium stations.
Time Warner, never a problem with the cable or internets.

70 cutlass 442
08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
They originoally had more HD channels, which i really didnt care for, but now it is a big deal, they offer a wider range of programming and a few other packages that cbale doesnt appear to have.

OxmanWI
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
what do you pay for dish?

70 cutlass 442
08-14-2008, 03:51 PM
we have TWC, depening on the package, they are low as $40 a month, but dont expect a whole lot, maybe 130 channels or so

OxmanWI
08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I just got a rate with TWC of $92 a month with RoadRunner and cable. Any AT&T people out there.

WhatsADSM
08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
U-Verse here.... actually I was a little suprised. For me everything is working like a charm...

Although with just about anything AT&T it better work, because their customer service SUCKS!

No outages, great picture, great interface. I got in on a deal. 3 HD boxes, one with DVR. The U200 package, added on the ~30-40 HD channels, and have the slightly higher internet package (I think its Pro, still not as much down as RR tho, but plenty for me).

All the TV stuff and internet is like 95 or something a month.

Otherwise if I didn't go with AT&T I definately would have went with dish.

Anakonda69
08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
i wanna get u-verse just not avail by me yet. i have directv and have had no major issues with billing or service. it is satellite so signal loss is a given with some weather issues.

whitepony
08-14-2008, 04:12 PM
I want to get cable, but I don't know who to go with as far as quality, channels, packages and price. What do you have, how do you like it and what do you pay?
I have TWC.
~1-HD DVR box
~1-Regular Cable box
~Unlimited Nationwide calling (land line)
~High Speed Internet (The highest level they have)
~Over 200 channels, about 10 or so HD channels (but we get more as they become available) free music channels etc.. (no HBO or special channels)
They have GREAT customer service.... Our DVR box has broken a few times... but, they always replace it at no charge in a decent amount of time...
I believe they work on sundays too...
We've been with them for over 2 years the first 2 years were $135ish and have just now, went to $165
so i need to call and see if they are running any specials...
but, overall i like them and will continue to have them even if the cost is a little higher than the other guy because they are always helpful over the phone and if they can't help over the phone they send someone out.

whitepony
08-14-2008, 04:13 PM
btw: HIGHLY recommend the DVR!

Ricky Bobby
08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
TWC here
i have 2 dvr's one is hd
every channel they offer even playboy and playboy on demand :rolf
nationwide phone and RR
never had one problem were i live with it goin out either

my bill is $15 a month
i work there so if u have any ?'s gimme a holler :thumbsup

Rocket Power
08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Had direct tv for 5 years decided to try cable for TV last year (have roadrunner, it's my only highspeed choice because DSL won't come to my part of West Allis even now in 2008:mad:)Just went back to direct tv. I hardly ever have any weather outages with my dish, only for a few minutes and only during the worst part of a storm. In five years I've had less time in weather outages with direct tv than I did with TWC outages in less than a year, which would last hours at a crack, and at least with direct tv I know when I can expect them rather than being random like TWC. :rolf

Memphis
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
TWC here
i have 2 dvr's one is hd
every channel they offer even playboy and playboy on demand :rolf
nationwide phone and RR
never had one problem were i live with it goin out either

my bill is $15 a month
i work there so if u have any ?'s gimme a holler :thumbsup

My question is are they hiring?:goof

Ricky Bobby
08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
yes they are i got bobby72gto a job there he seems to like it :thumbsup

Goat Roper
08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
AT&T Uverse ftw on this one. Quality is excellent and the service has yet to go out. A ton of channels, I jumped down to their second smallest package and we still have far more channels than we ever watch. Packages are the u400-u100, we have the u200. The pricing is awesome, $75 a month and it includes internet. They usually have some special going as well where you can get months or channels for free.

Use this to look at packages and the channels; https://uma.att.com/uma/RetrieveChannelLineup?ZIP=53132&APPID=UMA&actionType=&FORMAT=POPUP&FirstTime=F

An HD DVR is included in the monthly price as well. The service is not available everywhere yet though :( but check.

lordairgtar
08-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I would try Uverse but it is not available here in Muskego yet and the owners at the apts won't allow dish, but the freakin' manager has it

Silver86
08-15-2008, 05:53 AM
I have TWC all in one package.

Cable with one HD DVR, HD Channels, Voice over I/P Phone and Upgraded RR but we pay about 135 a month for it.

Reliable, decent service. Can't really complain with anything other than the price.

same here...

77thor
08-15-2008, 06:05 AM
I have DirecTV (dish) and like it.......

BlueOvalBolt
08-15-2008, 07:29 AM
. . .the owners at the apts won't allow dish, but the freakin' manager has it

You have rights if it's important to you.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/consumerdish.html