PDA

View Full Version : Race Gas Question..........

awsomeears
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
So some dude in Wind Lake sells this stuff called race gas, I heard he knows his stuff :goof

Well my little neon should be on the streets soon ( Pending on a few minor issues ) 95-99 neon PCM's can't be cracked or altered so when running them in a Forced Induction application your always doing the dance with N/A timing :banana1:

So for fuel I'm running a walbro 255 with 3/8 feed and 5/16 return line, I'm using the newest version of the BEGI rising rate regulator with adjustable gain. I'm using stage 0 injectors from the SRT-4 and they idle pretty well :stare

Ok ok here is my question, I would like to know the pro's or cons of mixing 98 pump gas with race gas. I can't run race Gas 24/7 because my wallet will take a beating.

Anyone out there run a 50/50 mix ?

I never ran race gas and I'm new to it, what is the starting octane and up ?

I know of plenty neons never running race gas and putting some decent power to the ground, but IMO why not add a little race gas to help out in Pre Det and aid in a better cooling motor when WOT

I hope to bring my POS to project 2 :headbang

1siksrt
08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Im sure a mix of 93 and 110 will do the trick for you since i dynoed 450whp on that combo in ohio with alot more boost/power then your gonna make... 2 cents:thumbsup

ND4SPD
08-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Mixing 93 and 110 will *eventually* kill your O2 sensor (and Cat if it's still there)... but you'll probably save money in the long run versus running an unleaded 104 (which is your other option and is more expensive than 110).