PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Price Aug 13th

Smokey1226
08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
its up almost $3/barrel......LOOK OUT ladies and gents it could get ugly.

pOrk
08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
what a joke

88Nightmare
08-13-2008, 01:56 PM
people were just talking in another thread about how the price of gas could be coming down because of less consumption this summer, and now you are saying oil prices are high? I dont get it.

jbiscuit
08-13-2008, 01:56 PM
YAY!!!!! UP UP AND AWAY! price per barrel was down a bunch for the last week and gas prices never even went down so who cares.

Flicktitty
08-13-2008, 01:59 PM
YAY!!!!! UP UP AND AWAY! price per barrel was down a bunch for the last week and gas prices never even went down so who cares.

X2, and you know damn well this $3 is gonna make it go up alot.

What ever gas prices suck but you gotta pay so yeah

jbiscuit
08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
^^ exactly. The price per barrel goes up a buck and our gas per gallon goes up $.05. It goes down $10 and drops $.01 if anything at all.

Karps TA
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
^^ exactly. The price per barrel goes up a buck and our gas per gallon goes up $.05. It goes down $10 and drops $.01 if anything at all.

I certainly hope you realize Prince Valiant is now going to call you a moron for not understanding how this all works and how it's completely legitmate.

But on a positive you'll join an exclusive club of morons. :thumbsup

jbiscuit
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Its good to feel welcome :)

Karps TA
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Your membership packet is in the mail!

FASTZ2895
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
its up almost $3/barrel......LOOK OUT ladies and gents it could get ugly.

The price is going up for the holiday in Sept:headbang the last holiday before it gets cold:thumbsup

Yooformula
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
its already cold dammit! have we even hit 90* yet? fugging bs this summer! global warming MY ASS!

CPonyGo
08-13-2008, 03:04 PM
It may or may not help but getting pissy here is okay but lets each flood the government emails with copies of threads like these from all the sites and send a email of our own....something,you would think have to push them.....this is pure bullsh*t

gottwins?
08-13-2008, 06:25 PM
its already cold dammit! have we even hit 90* yet? fugging bs this summer! global warming MY ASS!

Actually global warming could be the cause of it...it does not mean that the whole world will slowly get hotter and dry up. It obviously affects the weather but it varies on the location and by the looks of it...it seems that our winters are only going to become longer and our summers shorter. :alcoholic

Prince Valiant
08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I certainly hope you realize Prince Valiant is now going to call you a moron for not understanding how this all works and how it's completely legitmate.First, find where I call you a moron.

Next, give up the "Oh, but I enjoy this bullshit" when I now know you cry yourself to sleep in bed.

Pathetic...why don't you send PM's on the sly "hey, this guy is a big meanie!!!"

Oh, and would two major oil companies shutting down pipelines in the eastern europe due to the invasion of Georgia be a reason for rising prices? Duh...it COULD be. But of course, the stupid ******* dems who say increasing supply doesn't affect prices, while we see decreasing supply DOES, but then who cares? According to Karp, he's poor white trash because big-everything pays off politicians to keep him down.

Karps TA
08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Oh the shot at me saying I'd sell my house for less money then it's worth isn't calling me a moron? C'mon now.

I just find it funny you'll come at me for making the same statements others make. Hell you've taken a shot at every pretty much every post I make in a thread having to do with politics. If you're going to dish it out, make sure you take it as well.

Trust me I really could care less what anyone thinks of my opinions. To me it's all in good fun. So don't go getting all butthurt.

For the record I was for Obama until he came out with his ridiculous energy policy. I'd let them drill for oil in my back yard and power the drills with spotted owls if it made gas cheaper.

Prince Valiant
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Calling you a "MORON" is calling you a MORON. By using a GOOD analogy to illustrate a point is NOT a way of calling someone a MORON. Of course, now we KNOW you're INFERRING that I'm calling you a moron (rather than what you think, that I'm IMPLYING)

Oh, I CAN take it...but here's the point: you can't...This is why you DO shoot snipey PM's on the sly. Hmm, have I taken a cheap shots at you in threads you haven't posted in? Nope. Have I sent "warnings" to other members? God no; I'm not THAT stupid.

You're pathetic.

HITMAN
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Does anybody here read a newspaper or listen to any sort of news outlet, or do you all just sit around and plan your next sandy vag session on BCM? :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH! On August 8th, 2008, Russia invaded Georgia (not the state, the country that borders Russia). There are a bunch of crucial pipelines that run from countries on the Caspian Sea to Georgian ports on the Black Sea, where it gets shipped to it's final destinations. Russia wants to control these ports so it will be a bigger player on the world scene like it used to be, back in the bad old days of the USSR and the Cold War. The former KGB member and now Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, and his hand picked puppet, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, both understand that the more oil you control, the more power you have, a fact that seems to escape most liberals, Barrack Obama in particular.

To make a long story short, this invasion involves oil, and even though I don't believe we get any from this area, we still buy on a world market, and this is the kind of shit that drives prices up. We need to become oil independent, so this kind of horse-shit doesn't effect us anymore. Not with any hokey green technology that won't bare any fruit for another 10 years, but for drilling for our own oil, right off our East and West coasts.

Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less. :thumbsup

Cryptic
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Calling you a "MORON" is calling you a MORON. By using a GOOD analogy to illustrate a point is NOT a way of calling someone a MORON. Of course, now we KNOW you're INFERRING that I'm calling you a moron (rather than what you think, that I'm IMPLYING)

my head hurts:alcoholic

Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less. :thumbsup

This I understand. I approve this message

RanJer
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
so what youre saying is... EVERYONE GAS TONITE WHILE IT'S STILL $3.8X

Smokey1226
08-13-2008, 10:26 PM
This I understand. I approve this message

+1, im all for that! More jobs for Americans too!

BTW: Just an update....Diesel price went up but Gas didnt go up much. So that is awesome! 3 months ago if barrel price went up $3 that would equal 15cents a gallon increase. So, we dont have to worry too much. We just gotta hope there is a drop tomorrow and we'll be a-ok!

Smokey1226
08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
so what youre saying is... EVERYONE GAS TONITE WHILE IT'S STILL $3.8X

no.......again you must remember when i say the price of crude goes up or down, it can take up to 3 days for the prices at the pumps to show it. And with there is also a possibilty that tomorrow it goes down big and most places wont see an increase (as long as they dont need a load from tonight untill about 6pm tomorrow) thats when the new price for tomorrow comes out. So there is a lot of factors, but tomorrow will be the decideing factor. If it goes up again, i would say up Friday morning at the latest. I'll let you know.

RanJer
08-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Well I gotta fill up asap anyway. I'm on E in the Ranger, just didn't know if I had to fill it up tonite or if the morning would be fine.

Thanks for the update!

Smokey1226
08-13-2008, 10:51 PM
No problem! Just trying to help everyone out in the Sickning game that the Gov plays with us.

lordairgtar
08-13-2008, 10:52 PM
no.......again you must remember when i say the price of crude goes up or down, it can take up to 3 days for the prices at the pumps to show it. And with there is also a possibilty that tomorrow it goes down big and most places wont see an increase (as long as they dont need a load from tonight untill about 6pm tomorrow) thats when the new price for tomorrow comes out. So there is a lot of factors, but tomorrow will be the decideing factor. If it goes up again, i would say up Friday morning at the latest. I'll let you know.
This is true, but geo-political situations will affect gas prices quicker. So there could be a rise in fuel prices before the higher crude price affects supply.

Smokey1226
08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
This is true, but geo-political situations will affect gas prices quicker. So there could be a rise in fuel prices before the higher crude price affects supply.

exactly. It all depends on how much they want to bend us over day- to -day.

OR If the top fuel exec's got laid by their wives the night before we see a drop in crude price. If she didnt put out, we get screwed lol < Atleast thats how i like to think of it.

MurphysLaw88GT
08-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Does anybody here read a newspaper or listen to any sort of news outlet, or do you all just sit around and plan your next sandy vag session on BCM? :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH! On August 8th, 2008, Russia invaded Georgia (not the state, the country that borders Russia). There are a bunch of crucial pipelines that run from countries on the Caspian Sea to Georgian ports on the Black Sea, where it gets shipped to it's final destinations. Russia wants to control these ports so it will be a bigger player on the world scene like it used to be, back in the bad old days of the USSR and the Cold War. The former KGB member and now Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, and his hand picked puppet, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, both understand that the more oil you control, the more power you have, a fact that seems to escape most liberals, Barrack Obama in particular.

To make a long story short, this invasion involves oil, and even though I don't believe we get any from this area, we still buy on a world market, and this is the kind of shit that drives prices up.

on a sidebar....it further dissuades former Soviet states and Eastern Bloc countries from joining NATO, or thinking about it

Thank you HITMAN

Feature Pony
08-15-2008, 09:25 AM
yeah oil is failing again per barrel that means we can pay more at the pump i bet gas will jumop another 15 cents like it did yesterday!

Karps TA
08-15-2008, 10:28 AM
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/SuperModels/CouldOilPlungeTo65ABarrel.aspx

Here's an interesting article on Oil dropping to $65 a barrel again.

Smokey1226
08-15-2008, 11:25 AM
We'll we will see. I seen a couple stations jump, but we are the same. We need it to fall some more so we can get back under the 3.79 mark.

Feature Pony
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
the speedway by me was $3.76 yesterday morning when I came home from work yesterday it was $3.95

Stangman98
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM
In town here it's 3.69 and oil went down again today. Closed at about $113 and some change.