PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need any free dental work done?

WhatsADSM
08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
There is a girl I know that is in her last semester of dental school at Marquette, and is looking for people that need dental work done, so she can get all of her credits.

Usually the school (Marquette) give her referrals to people from the community that need work but don't have dental insurance, but as of late most of them have been flaking out. So she is still looking for people (in the Milwaukee area) that actually show!

So if you need anything done feel free to PM me, and I'll pass on your name to her. She may be somewhat selective as I'm not sure exactly what credits she still needs to accomplish.

70 cutlass 442
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
will she clean my teeth? i havent had my grill done in a while and would rather not have to pay the co pay. also, is she hott?

WhatsADSM
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I'll check to see if she is looking for just cleanings and let you know.

As for the hot factor... I gotta be careful with that one since it is my best friend's fiance. So I plead the 5th.

pOrk
08-12-2008, 03:16 PM
I havent been to a dentist in awhile so i porbably need somethin?

That_Guy
08-12-2008, 03:18 PM
i need wisdom teeth pulled..

Irish
08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
^ me to and a cavity or two filled!

That_Guy
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
^ me to and a cavity or two filled!

awww shit.. i guess this means we will be wisdom palls lol..

but in all seriousness.. ill pm you my info

Poncho
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I need a cleaning and I don't have insurance, it's a match made in heaven.

Cryptic
08-12-2008, 03:24 PM
all of you guys with your dirty mouths :rolleyes:

DirtyMax
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
all of you guys with your dirty mouths :rolleyes:

http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/8583/53369/f/299758-Orbit-Gum-Spokesman-0.jpg

|
|
|
v

http://www.candydirect.com/html/cleanimages/gums/07orbitcrystalmint.jpg

Cryptic
08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
lol

Irish
08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I brush and floss twice a day, everyday. Sometimes that is not enough. And some people have a genetic predispostion for bad teeth... My step-dad had pyrea and had to have all of his teeth pulled at 25 yoa back in 1977.

Slow Joe
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Damn, if i'd of known about this about a month ago, I could of gotten my two cavities filled for less than $180... Damn...

CobraSnake
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I might have a cavity or two. Actually i'm pretty sure I do.

Mark

DirtyMax
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I brush and floss twice a day, everyday. Sometimes that is not enough.

I hear ya. I have genetically soft gums and they bleed like hell no matter what.

Just remember... George Washington had wooden teeth and look how he still made out... :goof

Nick
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
No fuggin way would I let a dental student touch my mouth. lol

Car Guy
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
So I plead the 5th.

Well that's a YES.....:rolf

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

CobraSnake
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM

lol. The first cavity I ever had happen kinda funny. I went into the dentist office and they did a cleaning and all that junk. The did my x-rays and everything and came back to tell me I had a very small cavity. They wanted to take care of it right away so it didn't get outta hand. So I said sure and set the appointment to take care of it. I came in the day of my appointment and I went to sign in. I saw on the counter a little sign that said "congradulation on just passing your dentist exam" or something like that. I said "Hey I don't want the guy that has no experience drilling in my mouth" They said Well hes the only doctor we have. I had a little bit of a fit because why is the only doctor you have one that just passed school. But, anyways I go in and he starts on my cavity. All seemed good when I left. My mouth hurt and I couldn't eat any hard foods HOURS after the exam. I called and they said that is normal just give it a little more time. Then the next day was the same. It wasn't swallon but I just couldn't chew ANYTHING hard at all. So he said come back in and he can saw my tooth down a little bit. Said something about the shaping and maybe thats what was causing my pain. Well that worked a little bit as the pain went down slightly but it didn't go away. So long story short he took more x-rays and found out he missed some of the cavity so I had to get it re-drilled. Which still to this day if i'm eating something like a dorrito's and I catch it in that tooth at the right angle it still can cause some pain. So yeah i'm a little wery too but, also don't have alot of money right now to take care of it so I guess i'm in a pickle.

Mark

SSDude
08-12-2008, 03:56 PM
i need wisdom teeth pulled..

You need an oral surgeon. Most dentists won't pull wisdoms any more.:)

That_Guy
08-12-2008, 03:58 PM

thats what i hear.

SSDude
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I hear ya. I have genetically soft gums and they bleed like hell no matter what.

Just remember... George Washington had wooden teeth and look how he still made out... :goof

Remember George lived in a lot of pain due to his dental problems.
Do what ever you can to take care of problems before they get worse.
This message is brought to you by the ADA

Car Guy
08-12-2008, 04:01 PM

You are 100% correct.....:thumbsup

WhatsADSM
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM

She is actually really good, smart girl thats for sure. Comes from a family of dentists that own their own practice. So she isn't a noobie or anything.

70 cutlass 442
08-12-2008, 04:23 PM
well check on the cleaning thing, i may have a small cavaity starting but dont know, im sure she would be able to tell if they cleaned them, i havent been to the dentist in close to two years. Just brush and floss daily.

CobraSnake
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
She is actually really good, smart girl thats for sure. Comes from a family of dentists that own their own practice. So she isn't a noobie or anything.

whats the name of the company???

Car Guy
08-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh yeah I almost forgot ===> :pics

[OF THE PERSON THAT WILL BE DOING THE WORK THAT IS :devil ]

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2008, 04:32 PM
i could use a good cleaning, and probably have a cavity or 2. I'll swing out if she needs someone!

lordairgtar
08-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I is scared of dentists. :(

CobraSnake
08-12-2008, 04:51 PM
I is scared of dentists. :(

right they are a little intimidating. They are always yelling at you and telling you what to do and what you do wrong. If I want my damn teeth to rott outta my mouth thats my problem.

Mark

lordairgtar
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
right they are a little intimidating. They are always yelling at you and telling you what to do and what you do wrong. If I want my damn teeth to rott outta my mouth thats my problem.

Mark
Mine are, and it boils down to the asshat dentist I had as a kid. Went to Marquette with my old man and they were friends. My asshat father actually got this fool to do work with no Novacane on my mouth as some kind of punishment. **** dentists and the bus they rode in on.

Z28Roxy
08-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I already go to Marquette, they are as good as any private dentist I have gone to, it is a bit longer of a wait though.

I need to get a tooth implant, I hear some of the people on here who have that problem - this tooth was not good from the day it grew in when I was like 10 years old. It was structurally weak (not my fault) and they tried to save it with a crown, but that only lasted 17 or so years until the tooth fractured and had to get pulled. If it was a back tooth I could just leave it but it's second from the back. Doh.

juicedimpss
08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:rp4C_oA8VPF5rM:http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/grillsjpg_1.JPG

WhatsADSM
08-12-2008, 05:47 PM
whats the name of the company???

The name of her father's firm is Donald Kellner and Associates, and IIRC they are based out of Wood Dale IL. (She is a Schaumburg girl)

However, again, this is through the Marquette dental school, so please don't go calling her dad's business asking for a free appointment, :rolf

Also just got a call back, and yes if people are that worried the instructors are required to be there watching over them at all times.

CobraSnake
08-12-2008, 05:57 PM
The name of her father's firm is Donald Kellner and Associates, and IIRC they are based out of Wood Dale IL. (She is a Schaumburg girl)

However, again, this is through the Marquette dental school, so please don't go calling her dad's business asking for a free appointment, :rolf

Also just got a call back, and yes if people are that worried the instructors are required to be there watching over them at all times.

oh ok because the reason I ask is the dentist I go to has a whole family thats been in it forever.

Mark

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM
who/where do i go to make an appointment?

WhatsADSM
08-12-2008, 09:48 PM
who/where do i go to make an appointment?

Just shoot me a PM, and I'll get you in contact with her so you can talk to her directly for what you need done and setup a time.

DurtyKurty
08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
I have gone to Marquette to have work done in the past. I have to say that the quality of the work is top notch. If anything, they over kill the quality of work. They are all very professional and near the end of there schooling. It's not like your getting some first year student swinging a chisel in your mouth. There are a lot of instructors around keeping an eye on everything too. The only draw back it that any procedure you have done will take a minimum of twice as long as the same procedure at a regular dentist. I can recall being there 3+ hours for some pretty basic stuff. But, it's dirt cheap/free and there is always something interesting to look at.

DirtyMax
08-13-2008, 12:22 AM
I have gone to Marquette to have work done in the past. I have to say that the quality of the work is top notch. If anything, they over kill the quality of work. They are all very professional and near the end of there schooling. It's not like your getting some first year student swinging a chisel in your mouth. There are a lot of instructors around keeping an eye on everything too. The only draw back it that any procedure you have done will take a minimum of twice as long as the same procedure at a regular dentist. I can recall being there 3+ hours for some pretty basic stuff. But, it's dirt cheap/free and there is always something interesting to look at.

QFT

Well said. They won't beat up your mouth. They're very methodical still at this point.