PDA

View Full Version : I didnt know Mopars could run that hard!

Sprayaway Fox
08-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Watchn vanishing point, With all the courderoy and Lambchop sideburns its hard to tell if the age old saying is true. Theres only 2 way a Mopar runs.. Either it runs hard, or not at all. He's always beating on that thing!:rolf Mopar owners is the saying true?

Moparjim
08-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Pretty much. Though mine have been leaning towards the "not at all" side lately...

Sprayaway Fox
08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Damn nice cars though, just the fit and finish of things usually suck. Nice car on your Avatar.

Cryptic
08-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Damn nice cars though, just the fit and finish of things usually suck. Nice car on your Avatar.

You dont know the half of it. Click this -> Jim's BCM Garage pics (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=16)

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I have had 3 Mopar "muscle" cars. A 71 Challenger and a 73 Duster, both with the 340/A833 combos, and an 05 Neon SRT (that made 440 to the wheels on low boost and pump gas), and I can't say that's true. My Challenger barely ran when I got it, but it did run. Got rid of the junk plastic carb spacer on it, replaced the stock (can't remember if it was an AFB or Carter, lol) carb with a holley and the thing ran like a raped ape. The Neon went through 3 distinct evolutions, but during one of them my fuel management system was acting up, but it always ran (although poorly:rolf). So I guess I wouldn't agree, none of them ever died on me:headbang

70challenger452
08-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I f-in love that movie, my fav of all time(for odvious reasons)

lordairgtar
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
I see restored ones at shows where they addressed all the fit and finish problems and they looked great. Too bad Mom Mopar didn't take the time to do it right the first time.

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I see restored ones at shows where they addressed all the fit and finish problems and they looked great. Too bad Mom Mopar didn't take the time to do it right the first time.

Ever get any panels from year one? Even THEY don't fit right:rolf

Sprayaway Fox
08-12-2008, 11:32 PM
I had a dakota and it was ok truck but the finish of things sucked. Headsup if you need U joints for a dakota... bring in the driveshaft. Book is rarely right on those. Theres a charger RT sittin next to this guys barn up here and it crossed my mind to do a mopar. But the age old saying freeks me out alil.

lordairgtar
08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
I had a dakota and it was ok truck but the finish of things sucked. Headsup if you need U joints for a dakota... bring in the driveshaft. Book is rarely right on those. Theres a charger RT sittin next to this guys barn up here and it crossed my mind to do a mopar. But the age old saying freeks me out alil.
Try getting parts for an old AMC. Different day, different parts! Get that RT, could be a nice car fixed up.

Slow Joe
08-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I'd love to buy an old Charger... Maybe later on in life...

Sprayaway Fox
08-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Its a black charger but he knows its worth some coin even though its gonna rot there. That car is prolly on the "when I die" list.:rolf He should sell it and give someone a chance with it since he not.