PDA

View Full Version : is this a descent tire?

hrsp
08-12-2008, 02:41 AM
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Blizzak+WS-50&partnum=07R5BZWS50&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=25&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=S

i can get 4 for dirt cheap...was wondering if there any good at all?

going on 97 grand prix...thanks

wrath
08-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Cooper Weathermasters and Blizzaks make blingin' snow tires. I'm more of a Weathermaster fan.

They don't wear for shit (really soft) so don't use them in the summer.

CobraSnake
08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Cooper Weathermasters and Blizzaks make blingin' snow tires. I'm more of a Weathermaster fan.

They don't wear for shit (really soft) so don't use them in the summer.

he had a link though to all season tire. So they make both. I say for 40 bucks a tire you can't go wrong.

Mark

Car Guy
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Awesome tires and definitely dirt cheap but they're only meant for constant temperatures BELOW 50*, in other words winter ONLY. If you run them year round they will last you one season (if that), so you're better off getting an all-season tire.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

kornholio788
08-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Comming from a person who has been in the tire industry for almost 2 years as both a salesman and a tech. Those are great winter tires. The technology they put in blizzacks is awsome. But as said above. They may say all season. But do NOT..I repeat do NOT run them in the summer as an every day tire. They will wear very fast. I saw it all the time in the year that I was a tech.

Winter = thumbs up
summer = NAY!

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I love blizzacks for winter....but winter only.

CobraSnake
08-12-2008, 11:06 AM
oh wow those are the winter ones. I heard the will make any car a nice winter car so yes good tire.

Mark

Yooformula
08-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I used to run blizzaks and they will wear down right in front of you if you run em during spring/summer.

Car Guy
08-12-2008, 11:15 AM
^^^ Last year (`07) I ran my WS-50s on my beater Taurus until early-June and couldn’t believe how fast the tread started wearing. I was just being a lazy a$$ but I guarantee you it will be the last time I do that. I easily subtracted another winter season off of them by leaving them on a month (or two) longer.....:durr :loser :chair: :punch:

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears: