PDA

View Full Version : A positive for the Wisc. D.M.V

Reverend Cooper
08-11-2008, 11:03 PM
got a letter on friday of course to late to do anything about it. The plates were suspended on the Mustang. Dave was nice enough to take the car in for me and it didn't pass due to the monitor tests not running in the ecm. So I went to the D.M.V and registered the car in the county where my business is and used the mailing address. The car is stored there more than six months of the year so this is totally legal.
All was fine up till last friday when i got the letter,and thought oh crap i gotta have it tuned to pass. So i call the DMV in Madison and am on the automated portion longer than ever to get threw it all you have to listen and be patient. While on hold I am thinking of how to plead my case. The lady answers.
Hello how may i help you,I say well i need to get the plates reinstated,i didnt understand how the stickers were given and i was not good for emissions at that time. shea says hmmm thats strange,then sees its a mustang and starts to tell me about her husbands '67 fastback,we talked longer about mustangs than the issue at hand,the whole time i can hear her clicking away at the keyboard. she stops and says,there you go its all swithced around and the suspension is lifted. I say thank you and have a nice day.
Now I call my COPPER buddy and say hey can you run my plates as he had done friday just to verify they were suspended. so he runs them for me and says wow how did you do that it never happens that fast it always takes time to update. I said I was just nice and polite,and explained the story to him.
For one time ever that i had a good experience after a million bad ones. This was it Kudo's to the DMV peeps in Madison

moels
08-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Cool that she was a Mustang fan. Good to hear a nice story about the DMV for once.

Yeehaw
08-11-2008, 11:11 PM
being nice works out sometimes

LIZMO
08-11-2008, 11:22 PM
i didn't know good things could happen from DMVs :rolf

SBC-Fox
08-11-2008, 11:31 PM
lol I find this ironic, didnt everyone shit on another mustang owner for going to a differant tuner than marv when there car didnt pass emissions. Not to shit on marvs this just proves that its not that easy to make performance cars pass even from the best tuner. Its just ironic how everyone talked shit to them and no one saying hey coop marvs a jackass shoulda gone to forest or shoulda had brenspeed tune it. Also nice to know that somone in the d.m.v still has a soul.

Car Guy
08-11-2008, 11:37 PM
^^^ That's not what this thread is about, start another one if you have issues with somebody.....:thumbsup

Back to the DMV, I've pulled similar strings a few times but it's a PITA to wait on hold and it also depends on who you talk to. However, if you’re between a rock and a hard place it's worth a shot to call.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Reverend Cooper
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
^ Joe as my witness,Marv said he could have made it pass by letting it run the monitors and retuning it,then me driving it like a non jackass and testing it. I don't want to nor do I have the time for any of that. SOOO if I'm a jackass for that,hey I can live with it

SBC-Fox
08-11-2008, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Car Guy;420417]^^^ That's not what this thread is about, start another one if you have issues with somebody.....:thumbsup

Back to the DMV, I've pulled similar strings a few times but it's a PITA to wait on hold and it also depends on who you talk to. However, if you’re between a rock and a hard place it's worth a shot to call.....

jeeze sorry mom

I didnyt say you are a jackass i said its ironic how no one would ever say that to you

Reverend Cooper
08-11-2008, 11:49 PM
I dunno I was only on the phone for about 10 minutes total,my wait time after the automated part was only 30-45 sec's. really it was a great experience. Boosted i'm sorry that no one said that to me, I guess my retort would still be the same,end result is in my favor either way,this way was easier and less time consuming for me,so thats why i did it. I don't doubt Marv's ability at all to get the car to pass at all. in fact it did previously. This was a much easier fast way and the car never had to leave my house.

Car Guy
08-11-2008, 11:57 PM
jeeze sorry mom

I didnyt say you are a jackass i said its ironic how no one would ever say that to you

It's all good; I just get crabby sometimes when threads veer off topic, which I guess happens to all of them.....:goof

Now back on topic.....:shades :D

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 12:44 AM
^^^ That's not what this thread is about, start another one if you have issues with somebody.....:thumbsup

Are you serious? Really? You could give youself carpal tunnel typing the bolded statement if you're actually concerned about threads getting randomly sidetracked.:rolf

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 12:45 AM
It's all good; I just get crabby sometimes when threads veer off topic, which I guess happens to all of them.....:goof

Now back on topic.....:shades :D

HAHA, as I was typing you noticed the error of your ways.:rolf

Breecher_7
08-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Glad you got your issues resolved.......

HY35F2T
08-12-2008, 07:23 AM
so u get her number?:goof

Poncho
08-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Glad I have a GM. It will pass with no problems from the get go.

Karps TA
08-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Amazing what can be accomplished when you're actually nice on the phone to people. Most people would have taken the offensive when calling, raising hell to try and get them to fix it. Sometimes it pays just to be pleasant.

Slow Joe
08-12-2008, 08:02 AM

Maybe they should enable the rear O2 sensors, and then you should take it in for emissions :rolf :goof

Poncho
08-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Maybe they should enable the rear O2 sensors, and then you should take it in for emissions :rolf :goof

GTP passed no problem :thumbsup

Also maybe you should get your wife's car out of your sig :thumbsup

tommyt5078
08-12-2008, 08:23 AM
I've lived here in Wisconsin for a little more then five years, been to the DMV about 5 times and never waited over 20 minutes to take care of what I needed to do.

I can not say the same for when I lived in Illinois, you guys have it made here compared to Illinois.

theavenger333
08-12-2008, 08:28 AM
I dunno I was only on the phone for about 10 minutes total,my wait time after the automated part was only 30-45 sec's. really it was a great experience. Boosted i'm sorry that no one said that to me, I guess my retort would still be the same,end result is in my favor either way,this way was easier and less time consuming for me,so thats why i did it. I don't doubt Marv's ability at all to get the car to pass at all. in fact it did previously. This was a much easier fast way and the car never had to leave my house.

it's amazing what can happen when you actually get a real PERSON to talk to. glad it came out alright

DirtyMax
08-12-2008, 09:08 AM
That's two positive threads about the DMV in less than a week.

That must be a new personal best for them... :goof

Reverend Cooper
08-12-2008, 07:47 PM

you dont own that cool gtp anymore just the grand am look alike,re-enable the rear 02s like joe said and youll be the captain of the fail boat too

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
FWIW, my car passed no problems with the sensors enabled. Brenspeed sent me the tune within 24 hours after letting them know I had a problem and the car runs just as good on the emissions tune as it did on the initial tune. They said they didn't think we had emissions here, so they just turned them off. It was a simple fix on their end, and good news on my end as now I don't have to knowingly circumvent the law to get my car registered. Which I would have done without issue and not lost the least bit of sleep over BTW, it's just easier on my end to not have to do go through the hassle.:thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
08-12-2008, 08:07 PM
i could have the monitors turned on also as stated previously,but not ever haveing to worry about it again by now not ever having to test it again,is way easier. and its really not circumventing if its true the car is stored more than 180 days in the county i said it is. my address and title still have my home address on it so even if i were to get pulled over there would be no questions asked. seeing as the car will be wilder next year i really dont want to deal with any test issues period,its easier that way. Bob the whole ten minutes it took to handle this was alot less involved than having to get to marvs have it retuned then take it to emissions of course only on a saturday when i can make it. then have to redo every two years. thanks but no thanks

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 08:13 PM
i could have the monitors turned on also as stated previously,but not ever haveing to worry about it again by now not ever having to test it again,is way easier. and its really not circumventing if its true the car is stored more than 180 days in the county i said it is. my address and title still have my home address on it so even if i were to get pulled over there would be no questions asked. seeing as the car will be wilder next year i really dont want to deal with any test issues period,its easier that way. Bob the whole ten minutes it took to handle this was alot less involved than having to get to marvs have it retuned then take it to emissions of course only on a saturday when i can make it. then have to redo every two years. thanks but no thanks

You should have gotten her operator number for all of us so we could request her when we call:thumbsup

I was just posting this for those that sh!t on Brenspeed either openly or just kind of beat around the bush about it when I posted up that I couldn't pass emissions. They know their stuff there, and I know that by the picture I saw hanging in their showroom (your car doing a burnout) that you would agree with me. Dave remembers you and your car well.

Reverend Cooper
08-12-2008, 08:17 PM
I must have missed that thread,or don't remember it,cuz i never,and I mean never had any complaints with them they had my car running n/a faster than anyone around here at the time. I just started going to Marv because of te convienence and he reallys knows his shit. Richfield is uber closer than Indiana. Believe me if i lived there i would go there for sure.

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
I must have missed that thread,or don't remember it,cuz i never,and I mean never had any complaints with them they had my car running n/a faster than anyone around here at the time. I just started going to Marv because of te convienence and he reallys knows his shit. Richfield is uber closer than Indiana. Believe me if i lived there i would go there for sure.

They even have a paved lot now, no more gravel:rolf. They moved to a new location a couple weeks after I went there. I am suprised you missed that thread, it was epic. It ended up somehow turning into I hate Marv and went to Brenspeed just to slight him, which you know isn't the truth. Marv TOLD ME it was stupid to NOT have a Saleen installed there as everything is still under warrenty when installed by a Saleen Speedlab, which Brenspeed is. You know how this site gets, nothing always has to be turned into something. Anyone who has ever talked to me knows I have nothing but good things to say about Marv, and I send LOTS of business his way. I wouldn't do that if I wasn't a very satisfied customer.

Reverend Cooper
08-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I would go to either,and i can see Marv telling you that also,He is honest,he straight out told me to bring the car to him and just get it to pass,I said why,its wasting his and my time.

Poncho
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
6 times the word marv is mentioned on this page.

STANMAN
08-12-2008, 09:08 PM
6 times the word marv is mentioned on this page.

Now 7.

shoooo32
08-12-2008, 09:16 PM
how many times are you allowed to post in your own thread? I know the post rule police are around here somewhere...

MurphysLaw88GT
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
being nice works out sometimes

BINGO...

if DMV ppl even detect slightest assholery, they will go out of there way to ruin your week...I know this....MAN

Reverend Cooper
08-12-2008, 10:00 PM
how many times are you allowed to post in your own thread? I know the post rule police are around here somewhere...

what now you cant respond in your own thread,wtf