PDA

View Full Version : Seen it myself!!!!

rsscoty
12-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Ya'll here about the big Police chase today? I was headin' back to Milwaukee when they came by. Kinda looked like the O.J. chase.......'cept it was in a beat up Caravan!

About 25 cops in on the chase including what I believe was an LT1 Camaro, couldn't quite tell he sure had it wound up though !!!!

Scoty

CruxGNZ
12-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Yeah, that was pretty nuts. I had some time to install new speakers into my S-10 and knowing I wouldn't have any tunes, I turned on my police scanner. I heard the whole thing from the moment it started. They (the chase) were out in Pewaukee and heading east. I live very close to I-94 on Calhoun Rd. and heard them go by. I had my ear stuck to the scanner instead of installing my speakers. As soon as I heard a police officer call for a fire truck and ambulance, I knew something went wrong when they set up those spike strips.

I listen to the Green House on AM 620 in the afternoons for a good laugh and hearing about the traffic. I knew Tom Car (sp?) would be in the sky about this time giving the listeners traffic reports, so I ran inside and turned on a radio. Sure enough, he was giving the chase play by play to the listeners. Then Tom Car said chopper 4 was on the scene, so I ran to the TV and turned on channel 4... I couldn't believe what I saw! I didn't hear if the officer got out of the squad car over the scanner (who cares about the nut driving the Dodge minivan) and my jaw was dropped thinking that an officer might be in that blaze. For a good five minutes, I actually got emotional about it... cops are not supposed to die from someone being stupid like that. I guess the minivan was going around 90mph when it slammed into the squad car.

The last I heard, there where no deaths. I guess a fellow officer threw a fire extinguisher through the windshield of the squad car when it was on fire to help his buddy out. I really need to watch the news to get the full story tonight.

!M!

rsscoty
12-03-2003, 11:24 PM
From what I heard the cop had gtten out of the squad to lay out the spike strips when the minivan hit his car. Yeah I was listening to the greehouse also, just to see what was going on. It was quite a site.

One minivan and several cop cars....

Knyghtmare
12-04-2003, 12:05 AM
I have been laid off most of this week and so I have been doing absolutely nothing... I am surprised I didnt hear anything about it.

BAD LS1
12-04-2003, 02:01 PM
I believe it was a 95-99 Body style Chevy Tahoe Squad.

It definatly looked like one as a crsipy critter too with ass end all smashed up.