PDA

View Full Version : Well a pretty damn good start.

Nix
08-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Rodgers looked pretty good. He looked very calm and collect in the pocket. He wasn't running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

He made some damn nice passes that should have been caught, but then again its pre season.

The one interception however was not his fault. I forgot who the reciever was but it got tipped by him. It clearly should have been caught, it went right into his hands and out.

I've been all for Rogers and so far Im not disappointed.

We will see though, playing under real pressure in a real game will be the true deciding factor. Then we will see if he crumbles.

T-Bag
08-11-2008, 08:41 PM
He looked pretty good out there, at least its preseason so that interception doesn't count haha. That was completely the receivers fault.

Karps TA
08-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Was okay. Nothing great, nothing terrible. He's missing some guys, and Cincy's defense was one of the worst a year ago.

Most importantly he looks to be still healthy. Which is my biggest concern. I think he has some talent. But talent doesn't mean much if you can't answer the bell every week.

They need to get a backup QB though. They cannot go into the season with what they have.

CobaltSSTuner
08-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm not going to jump the gun on Rodgers. He looked solid. I'm excited to see him play, because he's more mobile in the pocket than favre is, and rodgers isn't afraid to scramble. However tht worries me at the same time because rodgers sometimes like to get hurt so....yea.

Reverend Cooper
08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
the end is near,can you smell it?

Smokey1226
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
This proves nothing......What proves a QB imo is when there down by 7, 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.......THEN we'll see who "composed" "patient" he is. That makes a QB. Sad to say it.....even the top Football annoucers say it...Favre was the BEST at that, All time!

Reverend Cooper
08-11-2008, 11:08 PM
The fail boat has arrived Rodgers is just in line for his ticket,it will set sail soon enough with him on it.

Beagle
08-11-2008, 11:39 PM
One of the times he got hit after throwing he got up and grabbed his hand I was like oh here we go hes hurt already. But he came back in and did an ok job. Still think it was stupid of the packers to get rid of Brett.

badass88gt
08-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Favre was the BEST at that, All time!

Always there to throw an interception right when its all on the line!

LOL, how about Brett's first day as a Jet? Anyone see the INT he throw in practice? There's a shock.....

srt4eh
08-12-2008, 02:11 AM
bring Trent Dilfer to Green Bay...always seems to replace the starter and somehow win games for other teams.

Karps TA
08-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Always there to throw an interception right when its all on the line!

LOL, how about Brett's first day as a Jet? Anyone see the INT he throw in practice? There's a shock.....

Did you also see the 75 yard bomb that went 65 yards in the air? Or the 35 yard bullet TD pass? Or the 3 TD's he scored in the 2 minute drill yesterday?

I recall seeing Rodgers throw an INT last night as well, and a couple during the scrimmage.

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2008, 11:10 AM
i'm not putting all of the blame on rogers for the Int. last night, it was right off the receivers hands, who should have caught it. Fact is, rodgers looked "decent" for a pre-season game. this isn't about favre.

Karps TA
08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
i'm not putting all of the blame on rogers for the Int. last night, it was right off the receivers hands, who should have caught it. Fact is, rodgers looked "decent" for a pre-season game. this isn't about favre.

In the stats, it's an INT. Favre had lots of those in his career, and they still count the same so I'm just keeping it fair. I wish they'd change that stat so that if it does hit a WR in the hands it's not on the QB.

Yooformula
08-12-2008, 11:14 AM
why do people compare a seasoned veteran to a damm near rookie? farve sucked when he was at atl waaaay back, didnt he? rodgers would need a season at least to get his receivers up to speed with him.

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
good call^^

Car Guy
08-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I have always been 'on the fence' with Rodgers (mainly because of injuries) but will say right now that if he can stay healthy the Packers will have ANOTHER great season.....

If he does get injured I will just pray to the football gods.....:alcoholic

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Smokey1226
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
After watching MULITPLE re-runs of the game last night (as i was at work and didnt get to watch it)......I'm EXTREMELY excited to see McCarthy pulling out the 5 wide WR's.

I dont care Who is our QB, if they can throw 7 yards and be accurate the Packers will win!

Let the WR's we have to do the work. Martin/Jones/Driver/jennings/Koro do their job and we will win.

I was praying that just because Brett Left, they werent going to go away from the 5 wide. And last night proved it's here to stay! I'm All for Rodgers if he keeps his ego in check and sticks with the 7-8 yard completions!

Nix
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Didn't favre have about a 72% or so passer rating his first year with green bay?

also I believe since 05 he has around 67 tds and about 62 ints.

I like Favre but the time for change has come and its undeniable. Its life..

Time for a new chapter in the frozen tundra. :headbang

Smokey1226
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I agree, mainly because him leaving opened up HUGE cap room and its time to bring in a Champ Bailey type CB.

Karps TA
08-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I agree, mainly because him leaving opened up HUGE cap room and its time to bring in a Champ Bailey type CB.

they were second in available cap space this season and Thompson didn't bring in anyone. They were $32.5 million with out him, and $20 mil with.

Thompson will never sign a high priced free agent. He doesn't like free agents. The last 3 years they've had plenty of cap space and he's not brought anyone in.

Anakonda69
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
ted thompson is a moron. our backups didn't do so hot. not like we are gonna see much from those who do start in the first preseason game.

Smokey1226
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
they were second in available cap space this season and Thompson didn't bring in anyone. They were $32.5 million with out him, and $20 mil with.

Thompson will never sign a high priced free agent. He doesn't like free agents. The last 3 years they've had plenty of cap space and he's not brought anyone in.

I agree, his ass has his name on a .44 bullet somewhere!

Unless, they are playing it smart and waiting to see what happens with this season. If everything goes well and we show signs of greatness, i could def see them going out and picking someone out to fill a gap.

If not, why spend that kinda money on a team that isnt going to go anywhere in the end and save for next year? idk maybe he's just an idiot but i really hope he is thinking like i said he is! lol

Karps TA
08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
But isn't it weird a team 3 poitns away from the Super Bowl doesn't spend any money to get them over the hump? Under normal circumstances this is when a team goes for broke because the window is very small.

I personally think the Packers realize last year was an abberation and that they don't think they are as good as other people think they are.

Only Thompson knows what he knows. I would just think that if you're wanting your prized first round pick QB to succeed that you'd make sure he had all the tools to do so. And so far I think the middle of the OL is still very young and unsettled and if they can't plug that hole, Rodgers is going to be in trouble. And people will be down on him and Thompson.

Smokey1226
08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Another thing to note about the young OL, if they dont start learning how to block on a f-ing screen play im personally going up to GB and slapping the offensive Cord. in the face.

Last year they had a higher % of no gain or less than 5 yards than getting an actually first down. That is pathetic. I remember watching 4 or 5 screens that the ONLY defender in the area was able to make a play and stop the runner. WTF 4 OL's running down the field against 1 DL and he gets the runner?????

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
i will agree that i hate TT and i think he's an idiot. I also agree he needs to learn how to spend some money on free agents ;)

mrz28M6
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
that frickin idiot has been a cancer for so long!! i can name numerous busts that this nob has drafted. and oh btw is there such thing as the packers signing a free agent?? i really think we should pick up culpepper!! would make a great backup with the experience and definitely could take over as starter. he did so horrible in oakland because lets be serious, the raiders suck.

Nix
08-12-2008, 06:08 PM
i really think we should pick up culpepper!! would make a great backup with the experience and definitely could take over as starter.

They tried that about 2 months ago. He came in and trained, they put him throught the drills and offered him a one year deal for 1 million. He turned it down cause it was not enough and also he wants a starting position.

Also he may be playing opossum (sp?) simply for the fact that he didn't want to go through the training camp and also would be possibley offered more if Green Bay is stuck bewteen a roack and hard spot. He could come back and offer his services again to the Packers and maybe then he would sign a deal.

They really need to get a seasoned veteran behind Rodgers.

He was never the same after taking that blow to his knee in Minnesota, Im actually really suprised that he made it back into the league too. Thats not an injury that a lot of people can over come and still play in the NFL mind you.

gottwins?
08-12-2008, 06:08 PM
This proves nothing......What proves a QB imo is when there down by 7, 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.......THEN we'll see who "composed" "patient" he is. That makes a QB. Sad to say it.....even the top Football annoucers say it...Favre was the BEST at that, All time!

I hate to say this as much as I hate the patriots (chargers fan) but tom brady is probably the best ive seen when it comes to being composed and winning games in those situations. When you are playing tom brady...the game is never over...and god do I hate him!!! :flipoff2:

Nix
08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I hate to say this as much as I hate the patriots (chargers fan) but tom brady is probably the best ive seen when it comes to being composed and winning games in those situations. When you are playing tom brady...the game is never over...and god do I hate him!!! :flipoff2:

Giants exposed Tom Bradys weakness in the super bowl this past season.

If you break the line and get to him and know him donw once or twice he gets really flustered and starts throwing ints and uncompleted passes.

Break the line and get in his face and he will crumble. He is human just like the rest of us.

T-Bag
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Did you also see the 75 yard bomb that went 65 yards in the air? Or the 35 yard bullet TD pass? Or the 3 TD's he scored in the 2 minute drill yesterday?

I recall seeing Rodgers throw an INT last night as well, and a couple during the scrimmage.

You really are mr. negative aren't you? Can't you just give the guy a chance instead of being a negative ****?

He didn't throw an interception, the ball was given up by the receiver. Does it show up as an interception? Yes, it technically does, but instead of being a shithead about it why don't you admit that it wasn't his fault instead of using it as some negative way to attack him? And yes, I know Favre has thrown interceptions that weren't his fault either blah blah blah

Quit being a *****

Karps TA
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm not being negative. BadassGT was being negative about Favre I was just pointing out that it's not like Rodgers was perfect either. He's the one who made a comment about Favre making it sound like he was only throwing picks now with the Jets.

I even complimented Rodgers in an earlier post.

brewcity_mach1
08-12-2008, 09:53 PM
game was ok. still pre-season yet. not worried.

what i should of did was get a few of my friends together and played a drinking game. everytime the announcers would say brett favre you take a shot. everyone would have all been puking by half time!!!

badass88gt
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I just like trashing Favre. The guy is a jerkoff as far as I'm concerned.

T-Bag
08-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm not being negative. BadassGT was being negative about Favre I was just pointing out that it's not like Rodgers was perfect either. He's the one who made a comment about Favre making it sound like he was only throwing picks now with the Jets.

I even complimented Rodgers in an earlier post.

In previous threads it just seemed like you hated the fact that rodgers was starting and you were just being a Favre nutswinger. I apologize for getting so upset over it, I just pisses me off that some people just haven't moved on yet and won't give the guy a chance. If that's not you, great, just the vibe I got.

Karps TA
08-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh I still don't like Rodgers don't worry. I'm still a Favre nutswinger. But I'll try to be fair and balanced.... for now.

Smokey1226
08-13-2008, 11:30 AM
game was ok. still pre-season yet. not worried.

what i should of did was get a few of my friends together and played a drinking game. everytime the announcers would say brett favre you take a shot. everyone would have all been puking by half time!!!

lol Now thats a helluva an idea!

1siksrt
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Aaron rodgers is gonna be a good qb it might take til mid season or next, but he is gonna be good. Its funny how all the favre lovers hate rodgers...

Karps TA
08-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Aaron rodgers is gonna be a good qb it might take til mid season or next, but he is gonna be good. Its funny how all the favre lovers hate rodgers...

Let him make it thru a season before putting his bust in Canton.

I think 23 other teams hated him too. ;)

T-Bag
08-15-2008, 07:20 PM
23 other teams were pretty solid at qb too. It was a pretty weak draft in all