PDA

View Full Version : Where to check credit score

oneslowcamino
08-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Well at the age of 22 I just got my first credit card, and I would like to know what my credit history looks like. I have had 2 car loans, my student loans, and the lease for my apartment. As always thanks for the help.

1BadBytch
08-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Well at the age of 22 I just got my first credit card, and I would like to know what my credit history looks like. I have had 2 car loans, my student loans, and the lease for my apartment. As always thanks for the help.

i think by law your entitled to one free credit report a year. I would talk to who ever you bank with .. they should be able to guide you in the right direction.

watch out for those free credit report scams on the net

Irish
08-10-2008, 02:45 PM
^ Speaks the truth regarding scams!

rally_scort
08-10-2008, 02:55 PM
im curious as well, but what is considered a good credit score? Im looking at picking up an ATV, but scared that i might be below the minimum score to apply for financing.Is there a ballpark that dealers look for when approving loans? I have two auto loans that are paid off with no late payments, and no negative credit to my knowledge.

CobraSnake
08-10-2008, 03:08 PM
im curious as well, but what is considered a good credit score? Im looking at picking up an ATV, but scared that i might be below the minimum score to apply for financing.Is there a ballpark that dealers look for when approving loans? I have two auto loans that are paid off with no late payments, and no negative credit to my knowledge.

you should be fine then. I believe GOOD credit is 500-700

rally_scort
08-10-2008, 03:38 PM

i checked a few months ago and it was a 632.I thought that was pretty low.

GRAMPS SS
08-10-2008, 03:44 PM

nice try....DON'T BELIVE IN IT MARK :goof

fair is -660-719

good is -720 -749

excellent is 750- up

below 660 you are uncertain....by law you are allowed A free report once a year...i went to

FREECREDITSCORE.COM

There you will get 3 reports...from....trans union,equifax and experian.....and it's FREE.....

rally_scort
08-10-2008, 03:45 PM

fair is -660-719

good is -720 -749

excellent is 750- up

below 660 you are uncertain....by law you are allowed A free report once a year...i went to

FREECREDITSCORE.COM

There you will get 3 reports...from....trans union,equifax and experian.....and it's FREE.....

ouch, thats not good at all :crying

05caddyext
08-10-2008, 03:52 PM
www.annualcreditreport.com

You will have access to all 3 companies, Transunion, Equifax, and Experian. It's 100% free and you have no stupid offers to sign up for and cancel. Totally legit. Won't get your credit score for free, but you will be able to view your history and anything on it for free.

GRAMPS SS
08-10-2008, 03:54 PM
^^^^^^LIKE HE SAID 100% free..we all like free here on BCM....

oneslowcamino
08-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Thats kind of weird I went to Experian and every thing checked out ok then I went on to Transunion and they said that they couldn't show me my credit history over the internet. I don't think thats a good sign.

GRAMPS SS
08-10-2008, 06:24 PM
^^^^^^^DON'T WORRY....they said the samething to me..i had all 3 sent to me....

all good...

LIZMO
08-10-2008, 08:35 PM
if you go to freecreditreport.com
its free like the first few days, but if you don't cancel the free subscription, it will charge you 15 dollars every month till you cancel. just a heads up.

Smokey1226
08-10-2008, 08:38 PM
its free like the first few days, but if you don't cancel the free subscription, it will charge you 15 dollars every month till you cancel. just a heads up.

+1 a couple of my cousins found that out the hard way.

Breecher_7
08-10-2008, 08:39 PM

fair is -660-719

good is -720 -749

excellent is 750- up

FREECREDITSCORE.COM

You can finance just about ANYTHING with a 700 and up credit score. Hell anything over 600 and a good income will make you qualify for most things.

oneslowcamino
08-10-2008, 09:14 PM

WOW Capital One wanted to give me a monthly credit report, and tell me how to improve my credit score for $5 a month and I thought that was a bit pricey, but after hearing $15 a month thats not to bad. Doesn't checking your credit score that often lower your credit score?

05caddyext
08-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Who said anything about freecreditreport.com?

Its FREE. No strings attached. No stupid offers to cancel after xx days. FREE.

What more do you need to know????

fivonut
08-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Who said anything about freecreditreport.com?

Actually Equifax will require that you sign up for their monthly report program. It's free for 30 days then you have to call and cancel, even if you use annual credit report. What I've been doing is alternating my reports every 4 months. I get one from Trans. then Experian, then Equifax. That way I can keep a constant eye on it and it works out that by the time you get back around to Trans. you're due for another freebie.

GRAMPS SS
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM

never charge me a penny....:thumbsup

05caddyext
08-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Actually Equifax will require that you sign up for their monthly report program. It's free for 30 days then you have to call and cancel, even if you use annual credit report.

Simply not true. I have been using that site for years, and have never had to sign up for any offers. You never get asked to put in any credit card information or payment information. It may give you some stupid pop up for equifax, but you certainly don't have to ever sign up for anything. Ever.

GRAMPS SS
08-10-2008, 11:16 PM
WOW Capital One wanted to give me a monthly credit report, and tell me how to improve my credit score for $5 a month and I thought that was a bit pricey, but after hearing $15 a month thats not to bad. Doesn't checking your credit score that often lower your credit score?

i might be wrong here...but if you check your report it is not the same as trying to get credit and they check your report....every time you try for credit and you don't get the credit, it is on your report ,if i'm not mistaken....i never ask for credit that often..cars etc..are different...i just keep getting my credit line on my cards increased all the time and use them,......

fivonut
08-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Simply not true. I have been using that site for years, and have never had to sign up for any offers. You never get asked to put in any credit card information or payment information. It may give you some stupid pop up for equifax, but you certainly don't have to ever sign up for anything. Ever.

Really!?! I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about because I ******* did it. The last time I used annualcreditreport.com to check my Equifax report I had to sign up for Equifax's program and then listen to a ton of bullshit when I called back to cancel it. Maybe they changed it recently, but the last time I viewed my report through them it was more hassle than it was worth.

Smokey1226
08-11-2008, 12:01 AM
So can i just go to one of my banks and ask for a Free Credit Report?

fivonut
08-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Probably not, but the last time I talked to my bank they were able to give me my credit score.

GRAMPS SS
08-11-2008, 12:24 AM
alot of banks won't do it...i tried a few years back...i have 2 banks...both said no....

Smokey1226
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
...i have 2 banks..

You must have WAYYYY too much money! :rolf

Yooformula
08-11-2008, 10:53 AM

/\ that is where you need to go to get it free!

SmokinRAM114
08-11-2008, 11:23 AM
sooo i just did that, it is free to few ur account but not your score. for me on two of the programs it states that one of my loans (my bike) is paid off (closed), but i know it is not?? wtf???? :durr