PDA

View Full Version : On the highway last night..

CPonyGo
08-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Was at Culvers for a burger...just a bunch of sh*t cars crowding around up there so I decided to spin a lap and see whats up. Lots of cops out so I behaved myself...had a pos fart piped car pipe on me and a diesel rev on me...and I was doing the speed limit. I was heading south by Paragon when I picked up a Greenfield Pd cop...damn...Well I figured he was going elsewhere since he clearly saw that other cars where passing me..hell one did a u turn and he didn't bite and thats when I knew he wanted something from me! He waited and followed all the way to Coldspring where we had a red light ..turns green and he flicks the lights....Asshat pulled me over for -get this- defective exhaust- 83.50 -0 pts and not a moving violation. :mad:

Man I tried keeping the revs under but I was almost lugging the motor...lol

After bitching a bit..he said after pulling me over there were 10 or 15 other violations that went by and he would rather have pulled them. He was cool- but he couldn't give out verbals...oh well...:flipoff2:

Deggy
08-10-2008, 10:07 AM
So they pulled over one of the cleanest mustangs rolling on highway, and not the fart can civic that was in the same pack at you?

I haven't heard your car, is it that loud?

CobraSnake
08-10-2008, 10:08 AM
damn dude that sucks. It sounds like he knew what he wanted right away when he originally started following you. Sucks but just pay the ticket and move on.

Mark

CPonyGo
08-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah it can be- if I get in the right gear and below 2100 rpms its is dead quiet...lol- but hammer it...it will give a heart a start...lol

scaleracer
08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Damn man that sucks.. At least it wasn't worse..

Prince Valiant
08-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I was out b/w 9-10 and it seemed DEAD. Didn't see but maybe ONE po-po, and not that many cars...

still, it was nice to be out in the Coronet though....

mrz28M6
08-10-2008, 10:32 AM
another reason when i get back to WI not to go to hwy!!! thats just ridiculous how you're minding your own business and they harass you.

Nick
08-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Another reason why I won't go there.

nismodave
08-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I RARELY ever take a "LAP" anymore. Too risky, get rear ended or pulled over.

GRAMPS SS
08-10-2008, 10:53 AM
that's sad Andy...another reason why we go to Gilles...off the beaten path...

T-Bag
08-10-2008, 11:30 AM
The last time I tried taking a "lap" on highway I got cut off by two seperate cars, one of them cause me to lock up the rear brake because they cut me off then slammed their brakes for whatever reason. I had my girlfriend on the back too. ******* high school kids, its the last time I will ever spend any amount of time on Highway 100

mrz28M6
08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
well atleast i'm not the only one that feels that way! or maybe its cause i'm in my late 20's and hate little hs kids. lol

Voodoo Chick
08-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I went to Culver's last night to meet my friend, and there really were SO many kids out it was crazy. As soon as we were done hanging out, I took my car off the hwy......it's getting way too stupid out there lately.

Breecher_7
08-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I saw your car yesterday in East Troy, I didnt even think its that loud.... Rather quiet actually.

Fast SVT
08-10-2008, 12:22 PM
sorry but he wasn't cool if he followed you just to pull that shit

CPonyGo
08-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I saw your car yesterday in East Troy, I didnt even think its that loud.... Rather quiet actually.

Not with standing it is loud BUT when I keep it at a rpm level ( which I was) it isn't....

[GRAMPS SS that's sad Andy...another reason why we go to Gilles...off the beaten path...]

[nismodave I RARELY ever take a "LAP" anymore. Too risky, get rear ended or pulled over.]

Well I guess that's just me then- I love driving my car and get antsy just sitting- one reason I have a hard time at car shows- rather be driving it.....oh well. I wish I could have given it a little bit more to make it worth the ticket.lol:banana

CPonyGo
08-10-2008, 12:29 PM
sorry but he wasn't cool if he followed you just to pull that shit

Yeah no shiat- he followed me quite a while and passed on Acura that made a complete u turn in front of us- I thought he was actually tailing for him cause he was going faster than me...and there was a fart car in my group going faster...should have cruised up to Madison like I was going to do:goof

Sprayaway Fox
08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
They always do that when they pull you over! Yea well I pulled you over for loud exhaust. Its a nice car you got, Yea I know I shouldnt of pulled you over cause there are cars a lot worse running around but heres your ticket. Asshats!

boostin350z
08-10-2008, 07:59 PM
aww shit, now i dont wanna drive down there. my wastegates are dumped, this wont be good

DRK
08-11-2008, 01:13 AM
cops suck, his wife was probably yelling at him about his tiny **** and no bank roll as he went out the door to work that day and he took it out on every mfr he could.

kornholio788
08-11-2008, 08:14 AM
You have illegal modifications. You got a ticket. Not the cops fault. You broke the law. He did his job.

Cryptic
08-11-2008, 08:45 AM
ohh for f sake...

Pull over every damn Harley Davison then, you prude.

A decibel is a decibel, doesn't matter if it comes out of a catback, a fart can, or a straight pipe.

The only way to fairly enforce this law is for a officer to measure the level of sound you made going by him. But that would cost a police department money, so that will never happen. I believe the DNR does this for snowmobiles.

pOrk
08-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Milwaukee supposedly carrys them now, but who knows for sure

kornholio788
08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
ohh for f sake...

A decibel is a decibel, doesn't matter if it comes out of a catback, a fart can, or a straight pipe.

The only way to fairly enforce this law is for a officer to measure the level of sound you made going by him. But that would cost a police department money, so that will never happen. I believe the DNR does this for snowmobiles.

I 100% agree with you.

mrz28M6
08-11-2008, 09:16 AM
then why did you make that comment above??? did you hear the car?? you do drive a neon though :)

kornholio788
08-11-2008, 09:33 AM
The law is actually not a decible reading. The law actually states that ANY non factory modification to your exaust is illegal.

I believe they should pull every harley. I believe he should have pulled all those fart can civics. I believe they should use a MUCH better system than "I think that sounds loud enough for a ticket."

Matter of the fact is that she has an illegal modification on her car. She can't be mad at the cop for just doing his job and what he is told to do. Was it a little cheesy? Yes. Did the cop do anything wrong? No.

I was also pulled for my exaust. Bullshit I know. But I did alot of research on this law. It isn't how loud it is. It is what it is.

Troutman
08-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah no shiat- he followed me quite a while and passed on Acura that made a complete u turn in front of us- I thought he was actually tailing for him cause he was going faster than me...and there was a fart car in my group going faster...should have cruised up to Madison like I was going to do:goof

i got tailed for over 5 miles once in my eclipse while i was co-op'ing down in lousiville ky. cop followed me into the parking lot of the club till i found a spot, shut the car off, then he put his lights on. sat there and harrased me for almost half an hour.... he said "i heard you speeding". (thats because i was driving on a 2 lane road that had those giant sound barriers...so any sound was magnified 30x. i was behind 2 other cars..and may have exceeded the speed limit by 2mph.) he then spent 10 minutes looking over the car... but i guess becuase my car was registered in PA and i had a PA license, he could do anything. when he realized he could give me a ticket or sitation for that or anything done to the car..he tried to give me the "you look like someone we know" speech and tried to interogate me for some home burglary. it was beyond ridiculous....

Deggy
08-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I RARELY ever take a "LAP" anymore. Too risky, get rear ended or pulled over.

I have witnessed you doing a lap...when I met up with you and Greg at Oscars...I was creeping behind you guys.

Yooformula
08-11-2008, 10:39 AM
ohh for f sake...

Its a shame that its that easy but they wont ticket harley riders. I was behind 2 cycle cops by the lake and one had straight pipes on his harley! WTF! It was loud as hell too.

CPonyGo
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I made the exact comment to the officer. I said what about the Harleys and crotch rockets wicking the throttle and all he said was the modification statement and that mine was too loud...I wasn't even in too it at all...he sourced me out of the group...he said that only Harleys with mods but they come from the factory like that..plain out told him bullshit..my family is officers and I asked my brother a LT and he said that he can't tell a mod unless the noise is flagrant to a point....its kinda like a imprudent speed ticket...I knew you were speeding but don't know how much so here ya go... I was quiet when I went by but on a couple upshifts which just couldn't helped he had moved to the center lane to better hear me and then coasted back behind me...at least my car sounds better than the fn harleys or rockets and ricers and looks better as well!!!!!!!!!!! 83.50- sucked it up and paid it!

Rocket Power
08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
well atleast i'm not the only one that feels that way! or maybe its cause i'm in my late 20's and hate little hs kids. lol

If you think you hate them now, wait till your in your mid 30's:rolf

dfr225
08-11-2008, 02:47 PM
That sucks man.

CPonyGo
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
If you think you hate them now, wait till your in your mid 30's:rolf

LOL- I am 50- don't even ask what I think....I am the oldest living kid cruising the highway..lol:devil