PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed car trailers...?

som2002
12-02-2003, 01:41 PM
My brother and I are looking into getting a NEW enclosed trailer to haul our cars. I know Keith has a nice one and I'm sure others on here have them also. We are looking at Pace Shadows 26'. If anyone knows a good bottom line dealership that doesn't mark there prices way up, let me know. Just lookin to save some $$$.
Thanx..... BRETT

BAD LS1
12-02-2003, 01:49 PM
There is a big Haulmark dealer in Hartford Wi called B&B trailer sales right on HWY60 on the west side of Hartford.

My parents have purchased trailers there before most current is a Haulmark 24' 102" wide "race trailer" for the Yenko and that was in the 5,500$ area if i remeber correctly with a lighted interior with checkerboard flooring and 36" wide door above left side wheel well.

Tom

Crawlin
12-02-2003, 06:22 PM
make a post on www.mfba.org in the general section about thise. i know some people have asked there before and there was a dealer some people were getting outrageous deals from. don't know specifics though

Chris

GRNDNL
12-02-2003, 08:21 PM
When I was looking back in 96 the guy at B & B had the best prices and he didn't act like a sales man. My First Enclosed I bought from him used.

Make sure the trailer you buy has 5000lbs (6-Bolt) axles, sometimes they try and sneak 3500lbs (5-Bolt) axles under them, payload is less than 3000lbs then.

If you get a new trailer pick it up from the factory, most are made in northern Indiana, the quailty control sucks , that way they can fix all the problems while you wait.

Trailer World in Bowling Green KY has the best prices, they don't sell Pace though.

BadAzzGTA89
12-02-2003, 08:36 PM
I know BEST trailer in west bend off of HWY45 not sure they are exactly in west bend but on the border of there.Any how i know they sell trailers there and are made there ! They would make one to suit your needs we got a 17 foot uninclosed from there with the 6 bolt axles for my work and it is a great car trailer too. I used it to move my H/O to grafton .hope that helps Just my 2 cents!!!!!!!!

som2002
12-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by z28kid98
make a post on www.mfba.org in the general section about thise. i know some people have asked there before and there was a dealer some people were getting outrageous deals from. don't know specifics though

Chris
Thanks Chris, but after an incident awhile back, I will have NOTHING to do with the MFBA.:yawn:
And thanks everybody else who responded. I will pass this info onto my Bro.:thumbsup

GRNDNL
12-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by som2002
Thanks Chris, but after an incident awhile back, I will have NOTHING to do with the MFBA.:yawn:

:thumbsup :nutkick :durr I think I was there for that...;)

I've learned alot (the hard way) about Trailers in the last 10 years or so, If you want have your brother get ahold of me, I might be able to save him some grief and $$$.

som2002
12-04-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by GRNDNL
:thumbsup :nutkick :durr I think I was there for that...;)

I've learned alot (the hard way) about Trailers in the last 10 years or so, If you want have your brother get ahold of me, I might be able to save him some grief and $$$.

:thumbsup Thanks Keith, I'll tell him that and see what he says. So far he's found a hot rod shop in Poynette that is also a Pace dealer, and he says so far that they have the best deal he's found and are very straight forward with him. And yes, you were there for above incident:shades