PDA

View Full Version : Machine shop tales of horror.

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 12:31 AM
This happend to me with my chevelle I had. Took a 454 block to get hot tankd and magged, and aligned bored for billet mains. Took in, they called me and told me I needed .60 overs I went over and payed for pistons, and machine work so far. I saw my splayed billet main block through the window thought everything was good. Get a call 3 days later saying my block was cracked and it needed 2 sleeves. I went up there and sure enuf it had a good sized nick in it. Ok, I asked him why it didnt show in the magnaflux, he said we must of not magged it ( I paid for it on my statement) were sorry. I had to pay for 2 sleeves or they wouldnt give me the block back. So I paid for it (even the mag)and grabbed my block. Then when picking it up they said I hope theres no annomosity towards our shop. Were not in the buisness of screwin anybody.

HY35F2T
08-08-2008, 12:34 AM
they shouldnt of made you pay for the mag if they werent out to scam you.

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 12:51 AM
I just always wanted to post this! I can tell you I was pissed the faulk off! This story is no BS not trying to make myself like a know it all, or its the Shops fault, just wanna c what other people woud do in this situation.

Car Guy
08-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Which shop was it...???

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Manitowoc Motor Machine. Screw it, this happended! So if A guy from shop is on forum, I dont giva Fauk:headbang. All said and done I paid 1600 bucks for a BBC and 2 sleeves. I told them the block was a ? mark. So thats why I paid for the mag and hot tank. My mains had to go with the block cause they aligned bored them for the block already. I thought you do final hone then order pistons but I dont know it all.

70 cutlass 442
08-08-2008, 01:56 AM
yeah, pretty sure you shuolda payed for a hott tank and a mag, if its cracked then your only out $50-$75 tops... oh well

Memphis
08-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Besides that, they cant keep your block if you dont put sleeves in them. Its your choice to fix it or not and its your parts to take as long as your bill is paid for 'work done'

juicedimpss
08-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Manitowoc Motor Machine. Screw it, this happended! So if A guy from shop is on forum, I dont giva Fauk:headbang. All said and done I paid 1600 bucks for a BBC and 2 sleeves. I told them the block was a ? mark. So thats why I paid for the mag and hot tank. My mains had to go with the block cause they aligned bored them for the block already. I thought you do final hone then order pistons but I dont know it all.

we always honed to fit the pistons,ensuring the clearances we wanted.

Nix
08-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Some people on here know of my horror shop stories. Alas I will not repeat them or the shop name, but yes I have been in your shoes before and it sucks. Sorry to hear about your misfortune man.

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I go to a guy now that is like 75 years old, ya walk into his shop and the wood floor creaks, old NAPA filters on the wall. he always knows your name, hes always in a green jumpsuit with safety glasses. I got a couple more 2 but that one is in my top #1 spot. Its hard to find personalized service like that anymore. I usually end up spending around 2-3 gs at machine shops a year for my stuff or peoples. So why ya gotta hose me. Whew! just felt like beechan.:thumbsup