PDA

View Full Version : Rattle/grinding noise

lilws6
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Well yesterday i rode the gsxr to meet my buddy at work cuz we were gana ride. well we had to go get his bike so i was following him and he started screwing around so i hauled around this corner in third and let off when i caught back up with him. While the bike was on the decel i heard this bad sounding rattle clank grinding i don't even know how to describe it noise. So continueing to his house i kept listening for the noise no signs of it except once i got it to do it again but as soon as i got the clutch in the noise goes away immediately. We get to his house and i'm pissed cus this things making noise i get off and first thing i do is check the chain. The chain has enough slack to hit the swing arm. So i think this is what it is. I want to know if my self diag. would be a good place to start. I tightend the chain to spec when i had the tires replaced. then two days ago i lubed the chain for the first time since i owned the thing. The other thign i am wondering is since i tightend the chain then lubed it prolly a month or 2 after that would the lube cause it to slacken up again??? or my other thing is i think the chain is junk.