PDA

View Full Version : Its starting w/Obama

CPonyGo
08-07-2008, 06:00 PM
threats to Obama (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080807/ap_on_el_pr/obama_threat)

Prince Valiant
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
A Secret Service affidavit charges that Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. According to someone else in the 48-member class, Geisel allegedly referred to Obama with a racial epithet and continued, "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."

But it also notes that:

Another person in the class quoted Geisel as saying that "he hated George W. Bush and that he wanted to put a bullet in the president's head," according to the Secret Service.

I'm not sure (and I'm sure there IS a reason for it) as to why he threatens BOTH, but is only being tagged for the threat against obama.

Sounds like the guy is a nut job...there are probably dozens planning (in their whacked out heads) similar assasinations against bush/mccain/pelosi/hillary/etc...personally I think this hits the wire because let's face it...we 1) expected it and 2) are a little sensitive to it due to our expectations.

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Sad as it is, I predicted this type of junk. There are a lot of people in this country that still think it's 1865.

Yooformula
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
it amazes me how many people dont feel bothered by his muslim upbringing...hell he didnt even live here until AFTER high school from what I gathered. bad news IMO.

Reverend Cooper
08-07-2008, 08:55 PM
he will not get elected anyways

Karps TA
08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
it amazes me how many people dont feel bothered by his muslim upbringing...hell he didnt even live here until AFTER high school from what I gathered. bad news IMO.

Apparently Hawaii wasn't part of the US.

Stop listening to chain emails.

His parents met in Hawaii while they were in college. He was born in Honolulu. His dad was Kenyen, his mother American. His Dad left him at age 2 to return to Kenya and only saw him once before dying in a car crash. His mom took him to Indonesia when she married some guy from there, then she died of cancer and her parents raised him in Hawaii. from 5th grade thru high school.

Disagree with the guy's policies all you want. But atleast get the guys facts straight. I say probably more off color/racist comments then anybody I know, and it shocks me that I'm more open minded then some people.

Yooformula
08-07-2008, 09:17 PM
he wasnt STATESIDE until after HS! I actually read his life story not some email so thanks for assuming but you are the one thats wrong.

I am a bit more open minded about his religion Karp than you might even begin to guess and I still wont EVER vote for him!

Breecher_7
08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Sad as it is, I predicted this type of junk. There are a lot of people in this country that still think it's 1865.

I as well saw this coming a LONG time ago.

Sprayaway Fox
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Dont wanna get all crazy, but I think Nostradamus said a person nicknamed BAMA will rule and the world will end Think it was in his (Lost book). The one they found in sum library in some foreign country. It was carbon dated to that period in history) watched it on History channel before I even knew who he was. Like I said not trying to freak anybody. So people mite wanna start crackn to get there projects done. But I like the guy but kinda freaky.:confused

Smokey1226
08-07-2008, 11:59 PM

If you put it that way, how come a LARGE majority of the so called "minorities" still feel its 1930's and feel they arent being treated the same and still feel they are owed something because of the tragic events that took place LONGGGGGGG before they were alive???

Gotta look at it both ways my friend.

70 cutlass 442
08-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Apparently Hawaii wasn't part of the US.

Stop listening to chain emails.

His parents met in Hawaii while they were in college. He was born in Honolulu. His dad was Kenyen, his mother American. His Dad left him at age 2 to return to Kenya and only saw him once before dying in a car crash. His mom took him to Indonesia when she married some guy from there, then she died of cancer and her parents raised him in Hawaii. from 5th grade thru high school.

Disagree with the guy's policies all you want. But atleast get the guys facts straight. I say probably more off color/racist comments then anybody I know, and it shocks me that I'm more open minded then some people.

soo if you live in hawai you cant have a muslim upbrining?

DirtyMax
08-08-2008, 06:53 AM
If you put it that way, how come a LARGE majority of the so called "minorities" still feel its 1930's and feel they arent being treated the same and still feel they are owed something because of the tragic events that took place LONGGGGGGG before they were alive???

Gotta look at it both ways my friend.

I never said it didn't swing both ways. My point was that there are plenty of people (especially down in the South) who think that they are still fighting for the Confederacy and aren't going to tolerate a colored fella as leader of the free world.

SmokinRAM114
08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
if he is elected he will be assasined. i have $50 on it. sad but probly true. i dont think he has any right to run for this country. he WILL run it further in the ground.

Karps TA
08-08-2008, 07:57 AM
soo if you live in hawai you cant have a muslim upbrining?

No Yoosef's comment was that he didn't even live in this country till after high school.

And first of all everyone gets on his ass for belong to whitey hating Christian church. But that didn't stick, so now he's a terrorist friendly muslim.

Give me a break. Some of you act like he could call Bin Laden from a White House phone without anyone knowing. The media and the Republican's are digging everywhere in this guys past. If he was a muslim working or terrorists don't you think that by know someone would have found a connection? You don't think there's thousands of people trying to dig up any amount of dirt they can find on the guy? You don't get this far in an election without every single skeleton being pulled out of your closet.

I'm not voting for the guy, because I can't stand his stance on energy and oil. But that's an actual real fact. Not just something I read on a chain email. Do some of you guys think a Nigerian has money for you as well?

Prince Valiant
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Why do you think the accusation of him belonging to a white (and basically U.S.) hating "christian church" hasn't stuck? (they may have invoked Jesus's name, but it was more of a house of political ranting and really, and even more accurately, they were "black-nationalism" rallies FAR more than it was a house of christian worship)

The guy almost lost to Hilary in the very liberal leaning primary in part due to his former membership there. We already KNOW that he hasn't been able to poll over 50% of the voters in the likely voting population for the general election..even after his rock-star-world-tour; this is because people remain skeptical of him due partly (not wholly, mind you) to his past associations (particularly his church and william ayers).

I mean, I agree...the above is NOT the reason I'm NOT voting for him...there is no shortage of policy disagreements I have with him that disqualify him from my consideration; but let's face it...are even 1% of the american voters enough policy wonks to know all his stands? No...the reality is that by far the majority of people will vote on one issue (be it defense, for or against abortion, taxes, Healthcare, social programs, race-relations, etc) and trust or character issues (one in the same here).

With regards of his Islamic upbringing, I really don't hold it against him of course...he could BE a muslim and I really wouldn't care, provided of course he wasn't a radical seeking to install a caliph/sharia law here in the US. While I don't think it's the point of those said chain emails as to bring up the point, what intrigues me is that Obama DOES more or less try to hide the fact that he did attend madrassas in the primarily Islamic nation of Indonesia...but honestly, that's kind of a smart thing to do too, because we know that fact alone will raise the distrust level. But the point I have is that he is who he is and yes, someone WILL clean out the "skeletons" in his closets, so he might as well do it himself by discussing the facts.

He might want to say that only the substance of his positions matters (to which I agree), but he CAN'T control the fact that many to most it isn't only about the substance. Operate in the "real" world Barack, not your "pie-in-the-sky-everything-is-right-cuz-I-say-it-is" world.

By being vague (and apparently dishonest) about his associations (church/ayers), or sweeping them under-the-rug entirely (madrassas), when the facts come out it makes him seem less trustworthy ("okay, what IS he hiding?").

Obama has talked some about his childhood in Indonesia, mind you...but he kept it vague and opaque as possible (Hey! much like his policy positions, lol). In all fairness though, he was young when all this occurred...

Another fact is, while in Indonesia, he also attended a christian school for a while too...and in Indonesia, attending a Madrassas isn't too far removed from attending a parochial school here (not saying the two are the same of course, it's just not an unusual or exceptional occurrence there).

Just a small point of contention on your Obama-life-timeline though just for the sake of accuracy...his mother didn't pass and THEN he went to live with her parents, but she was quite alive and well WHILE he lived with her parents in Hawaii...he moved to the mainland around ~'79, while his Mother lived until '95. He was in Indonesia roughly 4-5 years at around 6-10/11 years of age.

torque.hit
08-08-2008, 09:43 AM
i dont think he has any right to run for this country.

thats pretty screwed up man.

PureSound15
08-08-2008, 10:30 AM

I agree with you... but I am so turned off by where he stands on most topics that I don't even care enough to look into his background.

SmokinRAM114
08-08-2008, 10:50 AM
thats pretty screwed up man.

why? hes a damn idiot. if you think i ment some sort of race affiliation with that statement ur wrong.

05caddyext
08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
if he is elected he will be assasined.

assasined? what does that mean? like what happened to Lincoln and Kennedy? They were both "assassinated."

I can't believe the level of ignorance that still exists all around us in 2008. It amazes me that our country ever gets anything done with the way some people think. What scares me even more is that most people are silent on the issues altogether, what do they really think?

Obama will not be able to do 90% of the things he says he is going to do, that is evident by all of his "flip-flops" already. Every politician thinks they are going to go to Washington and change the political environment. I even believe that most of them actually think they can, and actually do try for a while. Then, like everyone before them, and around them, they have to fall in line or they won't be reelected. The sad part is that a lot of the so called "pork-barrel" spending in Washington is actually how we get a lot of the things we need for the state.

SmokinRAM114
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
assasined? what does that mean? like what happened to Lincoln and Kennedy? They were both "assassinated."

I can't believe the level of ignorance that still exists all around us in 2008. It amazes me that our country ever gets anything done with the way some people think. What scares me even more is that most people are silent on the issues altogether, what do they really think?

Obama will not be able to do 90% of the things he says he is going to do, that is evident by all of his "flip-flops" already. Every politician thinks they are going to go to Washington and change the political environment. I even believe that most of them actually think they can, and actually do try for a while. Then, like everyone before them, and around them, they have to fall in line or they won't be reelected. The sad part is that a lot of the so called "pork-barrel" spending in Washington is actually how we get a lot of the things we need for the state.

yea thats what i meant

torque.hit
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM
why? hes a damn idiot. if you think i ment some sort of race affiliation with that statement ur wrong.

We've seen how far idiots can make it in this country haven't we? Whether you like his politics or not, he's much smarter than most of us and has achieved a lot in a very short time.

He has the right to be where he is, he meets all of the qualifications, and people have elected him to this point.

While I am voting for him, I do not agree with everything he believes in, and I will be a critic as soon as he steps over any of my boundaries. I do think he is the better of the two choices and has greater decision making skills that anyone running for President in the last 8 years.

No personal offense meant, just a disagreement in point of view.

Smokey1226
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
We've seen how far idiots can make it in this country haven't we? Whether you like his politics or not, he's much smarter than most of us and has achieved a lot in a very short time..

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Seeing as, he has flip-floped on just about EVERY topic that has came up. And has followed McCains ideas and tried to make them his own.

If by smarter than most of us...you ment is willing to do whatever it takes to win then i guess your right. But as far as smarter........ill leave it at that.

I want the leader of my country, to come into an election with his ideas already in his head. And no matter what the American people think he is going to stick with those ideas and put them into action. Your either going to have 1/2 of the American people hate you, or do the flip-flop idea and then all of the Americans will start to hate you. That is what Bush did, exp on the War situation and a few other things. Thats what i see Obama doing and following right behind his foot steps.

SmokinRAM114
08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
We've seen how far idiots can make it in this country haven't we? Whether you like his politics or not, he's much smarter than most of us and has achieved a lot in a very short time.

He has the right to be where he is, he meets all of the qualifications, and people have elected him to this point.

While I am voting for him, I do not agree with everything he believes in, and I will be a critic as soon as he steps over any of my boundaries. I do think he is the better of the two choices and has greater decision making skills that anyone running for President in the last 8 years.

No personal offense meant, just a disagreement in point of view.

i wasnt trying to. politics, religion its all trouble once one view is stated. im just SO sick of tax this tax that green this green that. we have oil but we arent going to use it. hey i have a mountain full of gold but im not going to mine it. but oh well im over it. im done posting in here.