PDA

View Full Version : Registration question??

mrz28M6
08-07-2008, 05:04 PM
just curious if you can still register the car in another county to bypass emissions?? i havent lived in WI in a while and seeing if it has changed??

dr doom
08-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Country?? I have registered in another county before, never been questioned either.

mrz28M6
08-07-2008, 05:20 PM
fixed sorry about that!

Yooformula
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
yes you can. I cant remember for shit where I registered mine.

CobraSnake
08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I did mine in walworth county white water. I just put that as were the vehical is kept and just put my normal address on the other line.

Mark

4eyedstang
08-07-2008, 05:35 PM
if its older then a 96 there is no more emissions test.

Racine county sent me a letter lifting the emissions suspension i had on a old car of mine

CobraSnake
08-07-2008, 05:39 PM

Racine county sent me a letter lifting the emissions suspension i had on a old car of mine

i'm seeing 2002 in the sig.

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
They might ask you for an address. They did to me yesterday. I'd mail it in if you can.

CobraSnake
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
They might ask you for an address. They did to me yesterday. I'd mail it in if you can.

they won't ask for a address. If so tell them to **** off. I said my vehical is being KEPT in walworth county White water because I go to college there. That is why its KEPT there and not at my normal address. So in my case even if they ask for a address I can tell them that.

Mark

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 05:59 PM
They asked me for an address so you can't sit there and say they won't. I was mentioning it so he was prepared. If you go to school in Whitewater, you would still have an address...

dr doom
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
fixed sorry about that!

no big deal i just wanted to give ya shit.:)

Nix
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Jefferson County ftmfw :D

mrz28M6
08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
ok thanks for the heads up guys! i'm going to put my buddy's address in whitewater then and i'll say i go to college there :) thanks for the idea cobra!!

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Yes you can I "used to do it" make sure you have the address and phone number of place sometimes they try to get you with the phone number. The Re Registration will be mailed there when time to pay again. If you get pulled over and cops a deek youll get a ticket if no cats. Even though its not emissionized you have to still have equippent supposedly on it.:rolleyes:

mrz28M6
08-08-2008, 12:19 AM
oh wtf! well thats total bs!

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Buddy went to the dells for the car show there Brodix headed 406 Torque Tech 3"exhaust (Like a G for the exhaust system) Got pulled over for loud exhaust. Was a 78, cop said you still have to have emissions on this car even though its modified. They just looked under car and seen no cats and gave him a 300 buck ish ticket for failure to have emission equip. I get pulled over in my mustang for loud exhaust and its too low for the chunky cops to look so the write me a warning. KNOCK KNOCK. Thanx to the Sheboygan County, City, Plymouth, Sheboygan Falls, Howards Grove, AND Fon Du Lac police Depts.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

LIZMO
08-08-2008, 01:04 AM
so wait, 96 and older cars dont need emissions, yet they can still get tickets for a no-cat?? thats some BS

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 01:16 AM
We all wondering whats up up here. If you have collector plates your car has to be 99 percent stock, which is a joke cause nobody has emissions on like a 70 chevelle unless a resto. Then whats up with hobbyist plates? Dont think you need Emish for those. Then whats the difference between a regular plate? We are all wondering if they are gonna police this or can you still get a ticket for no emissions on a collector car or a car with regular plates with no emissions thats a 96 dunno. The cop has to be out for blood if you get a ticket for emish i think though. When I get pulled over and they usually just give me a ticket or search my car, they never ask me for smog.

ProjectCamaro
08-08-2008, 08:18 AM
so wait, 96 and older cars dont need emissions, yet they can still get tickets for a no-cat?? thats some BS

Why is that BS?! Just because they don't check you doesn't mean it is legal to remove the cats, that has been and always will be illegal.

They don't pull over every car to see if you're drunk but if you're caught drunk driving you will still get a ticket.

GRM-REPR
08-08-2008, 12:11 PM

I still can't believe all the residents that didn't know this occured! Doesn't anyone pay attention to the news? The government concluded this months ago!

GRM-REPR
08-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Buddy went to the dells for the car show there Brodix headed 406 Torque Tech 3"exhaust (Like a G for the exhaust system) Got pulled over for loud exhaust. Was a 78, cop said you still have to have emissions on this car even though its modified. They just looked under car and seen no cats and gave him a 300 buck ish ticket for failure to have emission equip. I get pulled over in my mustang for loud exhaust and its too low for the chunky cops to look so the write me a warning. KNOCK KNOCK. Thanx to the Sheboygan County, City, Plymouth, Sheboygan Falls, Howards Grove, AND Fon Du Lac police Depts.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Guess he shouldn't have given the police a reason to pay attention to his vehicle then. I've been going to Automotion for a long time and never been pulled over. The people getting tickets knew the risks they take when they do something "cool" which is "stupid" in reality. Yes, whats your point? He was supposed to have emissions according to the law, so he gets ticketed within the law....Too many whiners. If you get caught, you have no one to blame but yourself....

My 2cents...

mrz28M6
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
imo though if i dont have to do emissions why would i have to have an emission legal car? what the hell is the point then?? you mine as well have emissions in every county in wisconsin and every year of car!

CobraSnake
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Guess he shouldn't have given the police a reason to pay attention to his vehicle then. I've been going to Automotion for a long time and never been pulled over. The people getting tickets knew the risks they take when they do something "cool" which is "stupid" in reality. Yes, whats your point? He was supposed to have emissions according to the law, so he gets ticketed within the law....Too many whiners. If you get caught, you have no one to blame but yourself....

My 2cents...

yeah but I knew a certain few people that were up there that got tickets just because they decided to wait for the people they were with that got pulled over.

Mark

Sprayaway Fox
08-08-2008, 11:13 PM
If your talking about the 78 guy being a idiot you try using the emmisions equip from a 78 and put it on a D1 supercharged brodix'd headed 406. I am Not wining! If you guys do sumthin different sumtime then bolt a blower on your stuff, or spray it and think your fast you would understand!..Thats IF u called him a idiot.:confused:chair::chair: