PDA

View Full Version : favre is officially a new york jet

Z06 KID
08-06-2008, 11:02 PM
im glad its over but why the jets just WHY!!!

nismodave
08-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Where is your source?

nismodave
08-06-2008, 11:06 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934/Favre-out:-Packers-trade-legend-to-Jets

Goat Roper
08-06-2008, 11:22 PM
glad this is over.

GRAMPS SS
08-06-2008, 11:25 PM
well....he'll still be in green....thought he'd go to tampa..oh well...we can sleep better now tonight knowing the drama is over...

theavenger333
08-06-2008, 11:30 PM
yah, what source is this? they're only offering a conditional draft pick

VroomPshhTsi
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
better be a damn good draft pic

RanJer
08-06-2008, 11:47 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/JayThreeAre/favre.jpg

STANMAN
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
J-E-T-S Jets jets jets!!!!!

badass88gt
08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Yup, its official. Therye reporting it everywhere. Its about time, get his ass outta Wisconsin. I hope he finishes dead last in the league.

Prince Valiant
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
DAMN IT!!!

tickets for TB's game was going on sale friday @ 9:00am...I was so going to get some. Pissed off :mad:

mrz28M6
08-07-2008, 12:02 AM
frickin 4th round draft pick?? are you f*ckin kiddin me??

nismodave
08-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Now they will trade him to the Vikings!!!

Josepy
08-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Now they will trade him to the Vikings!!!

I hope they do.

badass88gt
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
frickin 4th round draft pick?? are you f*ckin kiddin me??

Where did you hear that? Everything says no details available.

Beagle
08-07-2008, 12:30 AM
My bet is Rodgers has a shitty season and will never gain the respect of anyone in green bay. I dont know if i will ever like the packers as much as i used to. Its going to be weird seeing a hero playing for a different team. Favre has played for the packers every game that i can remember. Only 4 years in my life that he hasnt played for the pack and those where his college years. This sucks. I like how they say he wasnt commited to the team when the guy turns down 25 million to play again. I truely hate Ted thompson. What a bunch of idiots......

T-Bag
08-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Although I'm glad that this is finally over, it really is a sad day in history. Favre has always been my quarterback, and it will be different to see someone else in there.

I hope Aaron Rodgers succeeds and does a good job leading this football team. I think he will be alright, most likely a little shakey at times but that is to be expected. I just hope the dumb rednecks at the Packer's games don't automatically boo the **** out of him the first time he has a bad game. Also remember we drafted 2 quarterbacks, so hopefully at least 1 out of the 3 will be decent.

The Packers will be ok without Favre. I don't see them going 13-3 again this year, but then again last year was like beating up the retarded kids in school.

hrsp
08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I HOPE FAVRE HAS AN MVP CALIBER SEASON!!!

hope the packers finish dead last...

u dont treat a legend the way they did him...

badass88gt
08-07-2008, 12:51 AM
How did they treat him?

He made his teary eyed commitment to retire in spring, the Packers moved on expecting his to stick to his word. He decided now he still wants to play, his word means nothing. What are they supposed to do, screw Rodgers over so he can come back? Thats like quitting your job, they hire a replacement and then you decide you want to come back. They will tell you tough shit, they cant fire the replacement just cuz you changed your mind. They commited to Rodgers, letting the crybaby egomaniac go is the right thing. At least its all over now.

fivonut
08-07-2008, 01:03 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934/Favre-out:-Packers-trade-legend-to-Jets

Did anybody read the comments???

A man is married to a woman for decades. Then he gets old and decides he wants a divorce. So he divorces her. A month later he tells her he wants to get remarried. The woman says OK but 10 minutes after that he says he wants to stay divorced. The woman is like 'Ok' and she marries a guy named Aaron. A few months later just before the honeymoon the guy shows up and says he wants to get remarried. The woman says she's already married to Aaron. The guy won't leave the girl alone. When the girl stops taking his phone calls the guy starts talking to her friends and the media saying he wants to be married to her again and accusing her of random ####. Then the guy calls her and says "Please marry me - I'm so committed to you forever. But uh, if you still say no would you mind setting me up with your hot sister who lives in Minnesota". She calls her lawyer and the lawyer offers the guy $20 million dollars to go away. The guy ignores it, shows up at the girls house UNINVITED and demands to compete sexually with the other man.

badass88gt
08-07-2008, 01:08 AM
LOL, brilliant.

Beagle
08-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Keep in mind that Favre is on the cover of Madden 2009. He could very well get hurt like ever other player who has been on the cover of madden. Will the curse get Favre to? That would suck if he finally gets hurt and it ends his career. Also the draft pick the packers got for the trade depends on how many games the Jets win.

T-Bag
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
If this fourth round draft pick shit is true, thats LOLtastic. Jets got a pretty decent deal on a 1-2 year player for giving up a pick that isn't considered all that important (obviously debatable). This move WILL bring more fans to the games, and more merchandise will be sold than ever. I don't think they honestly believe they have a shot in hell of making it into the deep post season even with the Favre, the team is just lackluster. Its more of way to make money than anything...and they sure as hell need it for that new billion dollar stadium.

T-Bag
08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
I HOPE FAVRE HAS AN MVP CALIBER SEASON!!!

hope the packers finish dead last...

u dont treat a legend the way they did him...

:rolf

You have no clue man, no clue at all.

Karps TA
08-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Now I gotta re-order NFL Sunday Ticket.

Time to order my Jets #4 jersey as well.

DocDave
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I guess I am a Jets Fan now. Go Jets! I would love to see the Jets make it to the Superbowl, but that is highly unlikely. If they do the Packers get a 1st round pick, so everyone wins.

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 08:21 AM
I bet they'll sell NFL Sunday Ticket to alot of folks in WI now...

VroomPshhTsi
08-07-2008, 08:26 AM
shoulda kept favre and traded rogers so it wouldn't be "weird"

nismodave
08-07-2008, 08:45 AM
If you have read my posts concerning the Pack and Favre, you know Im not fan of either.

But the bottom line is, how are you NOT going to let back, the BREAD AND BUTTER of your team? Regardless of his wishy washyness.

Rodger aint done shit yet, and most likely wont.

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Seems kind of weird don't it???

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5098320dt.jpg

Karps TA
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Any of you guys good at looking up stats? I'd like to know when in NFL history has a team gone into a season with not one QB on their roster ever starting an NFL game? And if so has it ever happened to a team that was in the playoffs the previous year?

For the life of me I can't think of a team that has done that.

Yooformula
08-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Rogers hasnt had a chance to do shit yet......give him a chance. Of course I wonder if Brett will retire AGAIN at the end of the season but who knows. I want to hear the other side of the store too though, I really think there is more to this than what is playing out on sportscenter.

Rocket Power
08-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Favre has played for the packers every game that i can remember. Only 4 years in my life that he hasnt played for the pack and those where his college years.
You are a lucky man. I remember the Bart Starr, Forest Gregg and Lindy years :(
Now you'll get a chance to live some ones like those too.
Seems like a good year to do more hunting on the weekends :rolf

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 10:06 AM

Exactly!!! I'll catch up with Brett on Sunday night Sportscenter!

Deggy
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
are we still talking about Chet Marve?
Ha, sorry someone at a bar said that to the bartender the other night.

Who cares, it's over. F*ck Brett Favre.

pOrk
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Bye Bye Brett, most of the NFL no longer cares about you. Have fun with your new bench position as towel boy.

Anakonda69
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
well #4 jets jersey won't look so bad...

Karps TA
08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Best article I've read on this whole thing

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3523173&sportCat=nfl

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Bye Bye Brett, most of the NFL no longer cares about you. Have fun with your new bench position as towel boy.

Yeah, like he's not going to instantly be the starter. Pennington will be cut and Clemmens will be the designated clipboard holder.

fivonut
08-07-2008, 11:53 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3523173&sportCat=nfl

:punch::punch::punch:

Anakonda69
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM

special ed statement of the year....lol

Anakonda69
08-07-2008, 12:47 PM

excellent article......good thing some sports writers can see things as they are....

Beagle
08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
You are a lucky man. I remember the Bart Starr, Forest Gregg and Lindy years :(
Now you'll get a chance to live some ones like those too.

I know who Bart Starr is but none of those other guys :rolf

Like I said Favre has been the QB almost as long as I have been alive. Im 21 now so I cant remember the years of the other QB's.

0TransAm0
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
i hope he does really shitty this year and the pack makes it to the playoffs

Z06 KID
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
i hope he does really shitty this year and the pack makes it to the playoffs

i wouldnt get your hopes up too high on the playoffs. not sayin rodgers aint capable but first time quarter back isnt very likely

ProjectCamaro
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I hope he doesn't get to play much at all and the Jet's have a horrible season. He's been nothing but a cry baby and expected the Packers to bend over backwards for him and screw Rogers out of his position. Anyone that is that full of himself deserves to leave.

DirtyMax
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
He is the Madden 09 cover guy you know. And you all know what that usually entails??

0TransAm0
08-07-2008, 02:23 PM
i wouldnt get your hopes up too high on the playoffs. not sayin rodgers aint capable but first time quarter back isnt very likely

no hopes it would just be nice...

Rocket Power
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Instead of Favre -- who earlier last season helped lead the Packers to the NFC Championship Game and finished second in the league's MVP voting -- Thompson would rather have three quarterbacks on his roster with a combined zero NFL starts. He'd rather have Rodgers than the most durable quarterback in the history of the game.

On the Jets' Web site, you can already purchase a Favre replica jersey for $80. There's also a tortured headline that reads, "DO QB-LIEVE IT? BRETT FAVRE IS A JET."

No, I don't believe it. Not because he's a Jet, but because Thompson just traded the best quarterback on his roster.

I agree

Beagle
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
He is the Madden 09 cover guy you know. And you all know what that usually entails??

I mentioned that in one of my earlier post and i was curious to see if anyone else knew about the curse. :wow

Karps TA
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I hope he doesn't get to play much at all and the Jet's have a horrible season. He's been nothing but a cry baby and expected the Packers to bend over backwards for him and screw Rogers out of his position. Anyone that is that full of himself deserves to leave.

That is so wrong it's not even funny. He's said time and time again that he was okay with the Packers moving on. All he wanted was to play football, and get his release to do so. The Packers are the ones who dragged this out. Had they just said, ok, you're released this would have been over a long time ago. Instead they dragged it out.

If it wasn't for Favre finally filing for reinstatement this would have dragged out even longer.

Beagle
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
That is so wrong it's not even funny. He's said time and time again that he was okay with the Packers moving on. All he wanted was to play football, and get his release to do so. The Packers are the ones who dragged this out. Had they just said, ok, you're released this would have been over a long time ago. Instead they dragged it out.

If it wasn't for Favre finally filing for reinstatement this would have dragged out even longer.

Sportscenter said it took 31 days to settle this. I agree with you its not Favre's fault it was the Packers who mad this take so long.

Josepy
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Pennington was just released from the jets. LOL

Karps TA
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
They had to, to clear the salary cap room for Favre's contract.

GRAMPS SS
08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
BRETT The JET

gottwins?
08-07-2008, 05:57 PM
This is crazy...I never liked the packers but always thought brett was a good player and watched them because of him. I cant imagine how you guys feel though...that would be like tomlinson going to the giants or something. :nutkick

JC70SS
08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
FVCK Ted Thompson that son of a *****!!:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::ch air::chair:

Reverend Cooper
08-07-2008, 09:36 PM
ted thompson has sealed his fate if the packers suck ass and the jets do great this year

That_Guy
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
whatever. either way ill own a favre jersey from the jets.. and ill wear it to every home game. i go to

moels
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
I wonder if the schedule will change to get the Jets on prime time a few times this year. I would bet we will see a few more Jets games in this area than we are used to seeing.

GRAMPS SS
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
whatever. either way ill own a favre jersey from the jets.. and ill wear it to every home game. i go to

i don't know...80+$$$$$ for a jersey...have to think about that...oh that's right...i don't pay full retail...:rolf:rolf:thumbsup

moels
08-07-2008, 11:12 PM
i don't know...80+$$$$$ for a jersey...have to think about that...oh that's right...i don't pay full retail...:rolf:rolf:thumbsup

Hook your grandson up would ya Grandpa Wayne?

That_Guy
08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
hook a ramlow up ...

badass88gt
08-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I could use some #4 asswipe to Wayne....

Beagle
08-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Someone told me that the year Favre got drafted by falcons they where going to pick some other guy and the jets wanted Favre. Unexpectedly the Falcons took Favre and the jets had the next pick. I dont know who they picked and who cares. But the point of this story is that Ron wolf was the GM of the jets at that time. He left got fired whatever. Wolf ended up in green bay and traded for Favre. So all in all Favre could have been a Jet for his hole career and the packers would have probably sucked for another decade...

badass88gt
08-08-2008, 02:01 AM
I find it very funny to read some of the responses from the Brett Favre nutswingers. Last year were you a Brett Favre fan or were you a Green Bay Packer fan? How about this year? What has Brett done for the team by himself? How many TD's did he catch? He many passes did he pick off? How many QBs did he sack? Its a team effort, not a single guy doing it. Now some of you are gonna buy #4 Jets jerseys? I guess last year you werent Packer fans, you were Favre fans huh?

Beagle
08-08-2008, 02:14 AM
I find it very funny to read some of the responses from the Brett Favre nutswingers. Last year were you a Brett Favre fan or were you a Green Bay Packer fan? How about this year? What has Brett done for the team by himself? How many TD's did he catch? He many passes did he pick off? How many QBs did he sack? Its a team effort, not a single guy doing it. Now some of you are gonna buy #4 Jets kerseys? I guess last year you werent Packer fans, you were Favre fans huh?

Well anyone who is a true packer fan is a favre fan considering they had how many losing seasons before he got there? And how many winning seasons did the packers have with him? They guy has broken every record there is. Those reasons could be why there are so many nutswingers.

badass88gt
08-08-2008, 03:04 AM
But to follow him to another team must mean one isnt much of a Packer fan. A true fan (like you said) was a fan before him and will be after him.

Rocket Power
08-08-2008, 06:23 AM
FVCK Ted Thompson that son of a *****!!:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::ch air::chair:
QFT

That_Guy
08-08-2008, 07:18 AM
I find it very funny to read some of the responses from the Brett Favre nutswingers. Last year were you a Brett Favre fan or were you a Green Bay Packer fan? How about this year? What has Brett done for the team by himself? How many TD's did he catch? He many passes did he pick off? How many QBs did he sack? Its a team effort, not a single guy doing it. Now some of you are gonna buy #4 Jets jerseys? I guess last year you werent Packer fans, you were Favre fans huh?

im a favre and a packers fan.. if you cameover to my house you would defiantly see that . its just odd for me a 20 some odd old to see the only quarterback i have ever know leave.. im a little bitter at both Ted Thompson and Brett favre. but im still incredibly excited to see this team of young guns play this season

moels
08-08-2008, 07:45 AM

Always been a Packer fan, well before Brett was here. I am also a Favre fan, and will continue to be. He's a hall of fame QB and was fun to watch while he was here. Painful at times too.

Just look at who and what he brought to the team over his 16 years. The players that actually wanted to play in Green Bay, the stadium renovations, and so on. It is a team sport I agree, but with less of a quarterback that team would have continued in mediocrity throught the 90's until now.

Karps TA
08-08-2008, 07:51 AM

What did Brett do last year? I seem to remember them not being able to run the football at all until midseason. They asked Brett to throw nearly 50 times a game. They stopped even trying to run the football, and Favre won those games for them. Hard for a WR to catch a ball if it's not thrown to him.

I've always been a fan of both, but the way the Packers handled this situation makes me less a fan of them.

And yes I have a #4 Jets jersey already ordered.

Anakonda69
08-08-2008, 08:06 AM
damn i hope they have more nationally televised jet games this year...i don't wanna have to get nfl ticket just to watch him.....

ProjectCamaro
08-08-2008, 08:15 AM

Of course that's what Favre said. If there's ever fight between two people and you ask one of them it is ALWAYS the other person's fault. What would you expect him to say?!

I stand by my saying, screw Favre and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Karps TA
08-08-2008, 08:18 AM
What do you mean of course that's what Favre said. That's what happend. He wanted to come back and play. They said no. There's no he said, she said in that.

All the other stuff about lies, and whatever. Yes that has 2 sides of the story. But the actual Favre wanting to play, and the Packers not letting him is a fact. For the love of god they offered him $25 million to stay retired.

Beagle
08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
But to follow him to another team must mean one isnt much of a Packer fan. A true fan (like you said) was a fan before him and will be after him.

You make a good point there. But packer fans would have to like favre for what he's done for the organization.

DirtyMax
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Being a Packers fan helped make me a Favre fan. Now that he's gone, I'm still a fan of both. Bet your ass when I go to Lambeau this year, I'll probably wear my Packers Favre jersey once and my Jets Favre jersey another time.

fivonut
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM

Well, as long as you're into giving shit away. Put tons of effort and $$$ into your car and then just hand it over to the first guy in line who wants it!! Or, would it make more sense to get something for your time and effort. At the NFL level it's not just a game, it's an industry and for the players it's a job. I don't know of any company that turns a profit giving shit away.

fivonut
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
What do you mean of course that's what Favre said. That's what happend. He wanted to come back and play. They said no. There's no he said, she said in that.

WRONG!!!

Two weeks after retiring he said he wanted to come back and the Packers jumped through hoops to get it done for him. Then the night before he was to board the privately chartered jet to get him back here to sign he said, "Forget it I don't want to play, I'm staying retired and that's my final answer." The Packers said are your sure and he said YUP!!. 3 months later he says, shit I wanna play. The Packers say, we've been down this road and now we're committed to Rodgers, take a hike and then the crybaby whining starts. I say GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH!!! He's NY's problem now!!

fivonut
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
But packer fans

Nope not a fan at all!!!

Anakonda69
08-08-2008, 12:16 PM
WRONG!!!

Two weeks after retiring he said he wanted to come back and the Packers jumped through hoops to get it done for him. Then the night before he was to board the privately chartered jet to get him back here to sign he said, "Forget it I don't want to play, I'm staying retired and that's my final answer." The Packers said are your sure and he said YUP!!. 3 months later he says, shit I wanna play. The Packers say, we've been down this road and now we're committed to Rodgers, take a hike and then the crybaby whining starts. I say GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH!!! He's NY's problem now!!

speaking of rubbish........where did u hear this? and what exactly was he coming back to sign?

fivonut
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
speaking of rubbish........where did u hear this? and what exactly was he coming back to sign?

You're kidding, you're spouting on about shit you know nothing about!?!?!

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080805/PKR01/80805191/1058

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8339726/Packers-detail-timeline-of-Favre%27s-decisions

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779414

http://ballhype.com/story/favre_timeline_it_s_been_a_strange_5_months/

and that's just the first page of results....

Anakonda69
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
those all say according to the packers which again is a single side of things. thought maybe you had something new. the jumping thru the hoops part is the rubbish. i guess looking at the whole situation is something people have a problem with.

Karps TA
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Was that the same time they gave him a phone so he could call the Vikings?

None of that has anything to do with anything. Everyone knows he changed his mind. The FACT of the matter is the Packers didn't want him back. But they also didn't want him to play anywhere else. You can't have it both ways. He jerked them around, they jerked him around. This whole thing played out longer then it needed to cause the Packers were hoping to delay it enough so he couldn't play.

fivonut
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Well then it must have never happened because everybody knows Favre wouldn't tell a lie.

Anakonda69
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
changing your mind is not lying. saying someone did something they did not is a lie. the packers did lie. they are my fav team i just think the management has some serious issues.

Karps TA
08-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Did people hate Reggie White so much when he retired and then came back to play for Carolina? Was is it that Favre get's everyone so butthurt. People act like he's the first player to ever do this.

badass88gt
08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Did Reggie show up at GB camp and try to force his way in?

Karps TA
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
So Brett should have reinstated and then stayed at home so the Packers front office could sit and do nothing? Why don't you get that. He had no choice. He tried letting the Packers try and do something. They did nothing but try to bribe him.

All he did was force them to do something. It's part of the game.

fivonut
08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
He tried letting the Packers try and do something. They did nothing but try to bribe him.

All he did was force them to do something. It's part of the game.

No, he demanded an unconditional release. You don't give away an asset like that. He wanted nothing to do with be traded. The story about him going to NY even includes a part saying that he had to be convinced. He wasn't OK with it until he went there and they latched onto his sack. As far as Reggie, or Joe Montana, or Jerry Rice, or any other player who went to another team. What does that have to do with anything?? Bret didn't just leave, he demanded that the team let him come back and then demanded that they do it his way, and then cried to a reporter on national TV when they wouldn't bend over for him. I've always respected Favre's on field demeanor he showed the world a never give up attitude, I had the chance to meet him in person in 95 and thought he was as self centered as I think he's showing the world he is now. Personally, I've never liked the guy and couldn't care less that he's gone. What pisses me off is all you nut swingers saying that the Packer's organization screwed HIM over and how they should have taken it in the ass simply because Favre wanted them to.

badass88gt
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
He should have been a man of his word and stayed retired.

A man is only as good as his word. We now see what kind of man Brett Favre is.

Karps TA
08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
OF course he wanted his release. So would you.

Keep his word and stay retired. What century are you living in? The guy was asked for an answer before he felt he was in a position to make it, and he told them honestly what he felt at that time. I bet when you get really drunk and throw up you say the next morning you're never doing that again. Then a couple months later there you are praying to the porclein god. Or break up with a girl and say you're doing that crap again, and back you go in a couple months.

Football isn't life or death. People have a right to change their minds.

Haven't you ever left a job and then regretted it? Found out the grass isn't greener on the other side? The difference is not only couldn't Favre not go back to his job, but they refused to let him work anywhere else.

The best people to listen to in this situation is the ex players. And alot of them are saying the same thing some of us are.

And if as a man you're only as good as your word, then what does that make Thompson? He told Favre he'd interivew Marricucci as a favor and didn't. He said he was working on Moss, and wasn't.

This is not a one sided issue.

Anakonda69
08-08-2008, 07:27 PM
the exact reason why i feel the way i do is exactly just as karps said...listen to former players.....i am a football player not on the same level but things are run very similiar to the nfl. teams screw players all the time in the league i'm in and we don't even get paid. i have to play to play football. the decision to retire is quite difficult. i had acl surgery last year and am in the process of deciding what i am gonna do. i did it for fun. this es all favre knows and has done his whole life. i can only imagine how much more difficult it is for him. i do feel he was pressured to answer before he really knew what he wanted. the least they could have done is give him some time after all he has done for the packers organization. he is not the a$$hole in this. the packers are. mainly ted thompson.

GRAMPS SS
08-08-2008, 07:27 PM
sure..gramps get me this,...can you get me that...your old..you drive a mountainqueer....and now you want my help with jerseys....commission boys commission boys...pay at this window...:thumbsup........:goof

fivonut
08-08-2008, 09:20 PM
OF course he wanted his release. So would you.

Keep his word and stay retired. What century are you living in? The guy was asked for an answer before he felt he was in a position to make it, and he told them honestly what he felt at that time. I bet when you get really drunk and throw up you say the next morning you're never doing that again. Then a couple months later there you are praying to the porclein god. Or break up with a girl and say you're doing that crap again, and back you go in a couple months.

Football isn't life or death. People have a right to change their minds.

Haven't you ever left a job and then regretted it? Found out the grass isn't greener on the other side? The difference is not only couldn't Favre not go back to his job, but they refused to let him work anywhere else.

The best people to listen to in this situation is the ex players. And alot of them are saying the same thing some of us are.

And if as a man you're only as good as your word, then what does that make Thompson? He told Favre he'd interivew Marricucci as a favor and didn't. He said he was working on Moss, and wasn't.

This is not a one sided issue.

Have you ever left a job and tried to go back only to be told take a hike?? You leave a job, they replace you then begin to move on. Now all of the sudden you want to come back and you think that they should just eat whatever time and money they put into your replacement?? What about your replacement?? Should they just get fired and left to go find another job?? Now consider that you're close to retirement, it's pretty likely they are going to be doing the whole replacement thing all over again in a few years, only when that time comes the guy they just stuck all the time and money into training for your job has said screw you guys I'm not putting up with your BS, and now they're royally screwed.

Greenbay never told him he COULD NOT go anywhere else. They told him that they would trade him and that wasn't good enough for him, he wanted it his way. It's similar to a no-compete contract it happens all the time in the working world. Last year I had to change careers because of one.

Ex-players my ass, that's like walking into a manufacturing plant and asking the floor workers how the company should be run. Leave the decision making to the ones who know what they're doing.

You people that think it's your RIGHT to work crack me up. No body has to give you a job or make sure you have income for that matter.

Silver03SRT
08-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Have you ever left a job and tried to go back only to be told take a hike?? You leave a job, they replace you then begin to move on. Now all of the sudden you want to come back and you think that they should just eat whatever time and money they put into your replacement?? What about your replacement?? Should they just get fired and left to go find another job?? Now consider that you're close to retirement, it's pretty likely they are going to be doing the whole replacement thing all over again in a few years, only when that time comes the guy they just stuck all the time and money into training for your job has said screw you guys I'm not putting up with your BS, and now they're royally screwed.

Greenbay never told him he COULD NOT go anywhere else. They told him that they would trade him and that wasn't good enough for him, he wanted it his way. It's similar to a no-compete contract it happens all the time in the working world. Last year I had to change careers because of one.

Ex-players my ass, that's like walking into a manufacturing plant and asking the floor workers how the company should be run. Leave the decision making to the ones who know what they're doing.

You people that think it's your RIGHT to work crack me up. No body has to give you a job or make sure you have income for that matter.
In this case it was about what would be best for hte team. If you ask me it wasnt in the best interest of the team to get rid of him but oh well. He has proven himself and with the other guy you are taking a gamble. If they didnt want him and didnt believe in him then they would have let him go to the vikings but they were scared to play him 2 times a year and lose. They know what he can do but were just ignorant. Let the better man play. Its like they are planning for the future to win the super bowl in a few years. Well why dont they try to win it now. Then go from there. Yeah Favre may have 2 seasons left but really how much faith do they have in rodgers if they drafted to qb's