PDA

View Full Version : SICK Typhoon Spotted !!

Brian98GTP
12-01-2003, 09:14 PM
When I say SICK,... I mean that thing was SICK !! As in, VERY ILL !!

I was on my way back home to West Bend from Oak Creek, and from about Watertown Plank to Mequon Rd. in Germantown, he followed me....

We were speeding somewhat, and he managed to sneak through an opening of cars and got ahead of me...
I ended up getting behind him after awhile, and once traffic cleared, he Stomped on it...

I didnt race it, but it didnt pull hard at all, and within about 3 - 4 seconds of WOT, there was this BIG BANG and a BIG PUFF of Smoke that came out...
Needless to say, he did the speed limit for the next mile or two and got off on the next exit, which was Mequon Rd....

It was Black, and a low to mid 20yr. old driving it....

Anybody know of such a person? Josh?
Just wondering if he was modded and if something let loose....

SILVER02GTP
12-01-2003, 11:29 PM
brian i have come across that thing too it sounds terrible shame to let a truck like that go to waste:fire

Syclone0044
12-03-2003, 01:29 AM
LOL!!! Sounds like a good chance he blew the Bottom End outta the motor!!! Can you give me more detail to the sound of the noise and the smoke you saw? Few things get me more excited than a castastrophic failure!!! :headbang

There's a lot of black/black Typhoons, well not a lot but a handful, can't say who it is. I know of one guy in the area with a black/black but I can't recall his name.. he was pretty cool though. Regardless it could have been, a stock truck doing a kickdown on a highway tends to cause the turbo to overboost due to the inadequate wastegate on the stock turbo, if you don't know when to get out of it or don't have the truck tuned properly you can blow your **** real easy.

Brian98GTP
12-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Well, I kinda knew he was gonna gun it when traffic cleared,... Cuz when he went past me earlier, he stomped on it as he went by, and the thing didnt really take off like I was expecting...
I guess Im used to seeing Your Truck take off like a bat outta hell... ;)

He was behind me for quite awhile, and Im sure he could see my A-pillar guages from behind me, and he probably figured my car was modded..... so he just wanted to mess with me....

Well, anyways...
About the bang/puff of smoke...
He floored it as he went from the left lane to the center lane....So, from 70 mph, he floored it...
Then, when his rear bumper was even with the front bumper of the car he was passing, he moved to the right lane..
A few seconds later, I hear this loud bang... I wasnt looking at the Typhoon at the time of the bang/backfire, cuz I was concentrating on the road ahead of me obviously,... but by the time I looked at him, I could just see a cloud of smoke behind him.... He then did the speed limit from County Line Road, to Mequon Road, where he exited....
So he was probably going WOT from 70mph on up for about 6-7 seconds... So Im sure you have an idea what gear he was in, and at what RPM and so on....
Maybe it just backfired when he let off or something, and he was just playing it safe and taking it easy until he got off on his exit.... :confused
Oh well... I guess I'll never know....