PDA

View Full Version : Elkhorn DMV ROCKS!!!

WickedSix
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
So I left work early today because I had to register my pickup and I figured I was in for my normal wait time of about an hour to lay my money down and go home with new stickers. I went on the wis dot sight to check the hours and realised the DMV center in Elkhorn was much closer to work than waukesha. I went in took a number and as I was reading my number it got called....seriously 8 windows open 6 customers in there sofa king sweet ... I was in and out of that place in 5 minutes I am never goin to the hell DMV of waukesha again :thumbsup

DirtyMax
08-05-2008, 10:08 PM
We had 2 similar experiences today.

I went to the SM DMV to title a car after lunch. I went to the counter and got my number. I no more than took a seat and my number was called. In and out in 10 mins.

Then my wife went to the one on Grange today to get a new license and perform her name change and they had to take a new photo. She was there and back home within a half hour and 20 mins of that was probably drive time. Another seemingly impossible feat. She even asked me to go with and I said no because I didnt want to sit there and wait. I figured I got real lucky this afternoon and there was no way lightning was going to strike twice.

There just weren't the crowds of people there normally were. In my case, there seemed to be about the same # of workers.

On a side note.. did anyone notice this year the registrations expire on a particular date during the month as opposed to the last day of the month like they always have? The lady at the counter was saying a ton of people are being caught off guard by this and getting socked with a $10 late fee. Another revenue generating move I suspect....

zerepdivad
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah that's how it was when i went to register my pos 2 weeks ago in and out in 5 minutes.

WickedSix
08-05-2008, 10:16 PM
See my registration said 7/31/08 so I expected to get socked with a late fee but the woman behind the counter came up with the same price so idk about that..... if it were to go by when I registered it last year it woulda been sometime in august cus I got a fix it ticket for it last year :rolf

DirtyMax
08-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Maybe it's a year to the day from when you last paid it now???

Firefighter Z
08-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I renew my tags online... Pay $76.00 total, print out a recipt stating I payed for tags etc. and Just wait about a week... I did it for both of my cars and the longest I waited for my tags so far was 3 days.

Only my Impala though I had to renew on the 15th and 31st on the Camaro. I know last year for my Impala was that last day of July.

DirtyMax
08-05-2008, 10:24 PM
I usually renew online too but this time I needed new plates and since they give them out right there on the spot, I figured I'd go in.

Russ Jerome
08-05-2008, 10:39 PM
But I meet the nicest people at Mill and 76th!

Last time I drove some old white dude home....what the
hell was he doing in the DMV lot with no car, looking for me?
Smoked my cig's and told me about how his house was being
foreclosed, made me feel better about my life.

DSMDuDE
08-05-2008, 11:14 PM
One good thing about Walworth Co. since the addition to the DMV, your in and out quick

I remember before they added on.. HOLY Waiting batman

lilws6
08-06-2008, 04:22 PM
i will agree there fast i bombed out there to get my M-class licence i had the waiver from class and was in and out within 15 minutes i'de say just cuz the guy was having a few issues with the computer and i needed a mug shot of course

Anakonda69
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
waukesha isn't even that busy.....south milw and greendale are the worst....

CobraSnake
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah my wife failed her drivers test on grange but, she wanted her license like NOW and they were like 1 month out. So we drove to wisconsin Rapids and we walked in and saw NOBODY and I mean NOBODY. She took her test and got 23 points off and the instructor said "good job". I thought 24 or 25 points was the cut off. I don't think that was a good job but, anyways she got her license and we were off.

Mark

Anakonda69
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
yeah 25pts is a fail

0TransAm0
08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
See my registration said 7/31/08 so I expected to get socked with a late fee but the woman behind the counter came up with the same price so idk about that..... if it were to go by when I registered it last year it woulda been sometime in august cus I got a fix it ticket for it last year :rolf

i thinkk they only charge the late fee if your more than 10 days late...

sakisteve
08-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Waukesha Has Been Very Fast every time i been there, but i go during the day, around lunch time