PDA

View Full Version : Santa Is a Gear Head

Silver350
12-01-2003, 04:23 PM
http://www.postersgalore.com/auto_christmascard_images/x51.jpg

http://www.postersgalore.com/auto_christmascard_images/x242.jpg

02bonne
12-01-2003, 04:42 PM
that camaro kind of looks like my dad's, but he can't fit presents in the back....he says it crowds his mullet.

http://www.fleetmack.com/images/trash/camaro.jpg

Prince Valiant
12-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Why is santa driving a chevy if he's giving out an old school Hemi "whale" motor? :confused :goof

JohnnyT
12-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
Why is santa driving a chevy if he's giving out an old school Hemi "whale" motor? :confused :goof

Cause he's giving away the junk and keeping the good stuff for himself... :banana

Silver350
12-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 2KSS-4027
Cause he's giving away the junk and keeping the good stuff for himself... :banana

:wstupid :D

02bonne
12-01-2003, 05:00 PM
John uses illegal substances at work!:party:

Knyghtmare
12-01-2003, 05:01 PM

:rockwoot:

Hey.... is Santa Australian? lmao

jbiscuit
12-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Santa kinda looks like Crocodile Dundee

BadAzzGTA89
12-01-2003, 05:39 PM
I don't think santa knew what he had in the bag tell it opened and he was like damm im gonna put this in my camaro and allla the camaro poping a wheely.And gives a thumbs up cause the 305 he had could not pull all those presents around the world.And all the little girls and boys got there presents and lived happly ever after.

THE END!!!:3gears:

Prince Valiant
12-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Cause he's giving away the junk and keeping the good stuff for himself... :banana au contraire, my chevy nut-swinging friend!!! In the spirit of christmas santa is clearly putting others ahead of himself in his gift giving endeavors. The world would be a much better place if everyone gave out hemi's to each other. :goof :haveabeer

BA is right though...santa does look dismayed at the thought of giving up a blown 392 Hemi :D

02bonne
12-02-2003, 09:35 AM
I bed to differ, my post grazing compadre! If you look at santa's face he's clearly thinking to himself "goddamn! this aint no sac of colt 45s, this is a goddamn hemi! I'm keepin this sheeeaaaattt!"

BAD LS1
12-02-2003, 11:05 AM
No hes more like thinking of way to ditch the boat anchor and pick up a blown Chevy Big-Block is more like it, I mean he does drive wheel standing Camaro, The Hemi aint at home there as it would be at the bottom of a lake attached to chain that leads to a 40 foot yacht !!!:goof

Silver350
12-02-2003, 12:04 PM
Think of the Hemi Being Coal for all the bad people. Good people get a blown chevy motor :devil

DocDave
12-02-2003, 01:00 PM
I am a chevy guy and all but it depends what king of hemi we are talking about. If it's one of these new fangled wanna be hemi's that Dodge keeps advertising, you can keep it! But if it's a good old traditional Hemi-spherical Head Motor, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! :headbang

BadAzzGTA89
12-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by DocDave
I am a chevy guy and all but it depends what king of hemi we are talking about. If it's one of these new fangled wanna be hemi's that Dodge keeps advertising, you can keep it! But if it's a good old traditional Hemi-spherical Head Motor, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! :headbang

Im with Doc. Oh yea this is what a stock hemi did in 64!!!;)

1964 Dodge 426 Hemi 426 n/a 425@6000 480@4600 n/a 11.40@125mph source MCR no date

Now i think that would take any one of our stock f-bodys IMO:3gears:

BAD LS1
12-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Chevrolet had the muscle car scene by the balls in the late 60's. The street Hemi's sucks major **** IMO they are not that fast in the real world!! Every car took "tuning" to make them run!! my dad hada 68" SS 396/375 Camaro that ran low 13's stock on slicks. With the addition of L88 aluminum heads diff intake and carb, headers, tuning ,4.88 gears and slicks the car went 11.4 @ 126 in 1969. The old man "used" to be a big drag racer supposedly LOL but he said the Mopar 440's were the only thing that would run good on the street. The street hemi's were a real ***** evidently , hard to keep valves in adjustment, plug fouling, not much of a daily driver and ran with your average mustang of the time. The race Hemi obviosuly is more of a well oiled machine but still everyone thinks this motor is GOD because of its cylinder head design. IMO theres alot better engine designs out there that doesnt employ this head design. BUT no one was around back then that we talk to comonly to attest to who really had thebaddest power plants in the "real world" back then....

BadAzzGTA89
12-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Here ya go tom i got it from here "In The Real World"LOL
http://www.bigredfish.com/mike_teri/fastestcars.htm
And as far as a stang hanging with a hemi i dont know
;) But i do know a hemi stock with a munci rock crusher behind it would pull both front wheels off the ground !!!Don't get me wrong i am a bowtie guy but i would love to own a charger with that engine.GM had nothing STOCK to compete with mopar back in those days IMO:thumbsuphttp://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/images/smilies/rant.gif

BAD LS1
12-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Hey i was reading in my "history of Camaro" book and found an intresting write about the 69' ZL-1 Camaro's. When i get a chance ill scan it and post it. But it stated the ZL1 in race trim still retaining the stock exhaust manifolds,Holley 850 CFM carb' and stock intake went 10.48 @ 128 making making it the fastest Superstock production race vehicle in the history of super stock drag racing. The 1964 Plymouth Belvedere with the 426 Hemi u refered to in that link was alot closer derivative of the "race" hemi than the late 60's version which was highly detuned in comparison to earlier models.

SuperStock required use of most factory parts to remain legal in this bracket. Race trim consisted of Slicks, and suspension mods to provide better launch capablities, but the engine had to retain manifolds, stock heads and stock carb and intake. It was all in traction and good tuner to make these cars run as good as they did.

Prince Valiant
12-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Your book is misrepresenting the facts then...the Hemi dart's were running 10.30's@130+mph right out of the gates, not to mention what they run now. But such is anyhting labeled "super Stock" it's impossible to label anything as "THE FASTEST" truthfully, as every year, different rules, classes, exceptions, exemtions and whatever so it moot even before an aurgument begins. Virtually everyone is getting on the FASTEST CAM ONLY VETTE, WORLD FASTEST EPB SI ON STREET TIRES, or WORLD's SS/D AUTO WORLD RECORD HOLDER is on virtually every car at the track nowdays...they can refer to such narrow catagories that it's similiar to me stating "World's fastest person sitting in this office right now!!!!" :goof

BAD LS1
12-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
Your book is misrepresenting the facts then...the Hemi dart's were running 10.30's@130+mph right out of the gates, not to mention what they run now. But such is anyhting labeled "super Stock" it's impossible to label anything as "THE FASTEST" truthfully, as every year, different rules, classes, exceptions, exemtions and whatever so it moot even before an aurgument begins. Virtually everyone is getting on the FASTEST CAM ONLY VETTE, WORLD FASTEST EPB SI ON STREET TIRES, or WORLD's SS/D AUTO WORLD RECORD HOLDER is on virtually every car at the track nowdays...they can refer to such narrow catagories that it's similiar to me stating "World's fastest person sitting in this office right now!!!!" :goof

Maybe they were reffering to being the fastest in the 1969 Super stock class??? Obviously they wouldnt mean it was the FASTEST In all of history LOL.... I dont know???? Once again non of us were around back then to testify who was actually right in the " he said she said"

God damn inner feelings of representing your prefered brand are overcoming my calm cool collected composure im usually so good at mainting. Sorry for Outbursts LOL Whether is Mopar or GM i respect damn near equally. Ford on the hand.. Shaina Twain put it best... " that dont impress me much"

Tommy

A B4C Z
12-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Those are fast times for sure. Think of the extra power goodies windows seats...... and "cats". Also im sure some these cars could have been running lead gas(if its better I dont know)or good old SYNOCO(sp)? 101. Think if you took a ls1 today strapped slicks threw some headers on and ran it wide open tuned it BLAH BLAH...wonder what that would do.

Hey Tom whats your dads Yenko run? I know its not made for racing now but when there are reunions I know they go to the tracks sometimes.

jbiscuit
12-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Yenkos are overrated...I wouldn't buy one of those if it was my dough. I would rather just spend my money on 14 strippers and a case of Colt 45

Knyghtmare
12-06-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by yellow wagon
Yenkos are overrated...I wouldn't buy one of those if it was my dough. I would rather just spend my money on 14 strippers and a case of Colt 45

I wanna be there for that party! lmao :party:

jbiscuit
12-06-2003, 02:05 AM
sweet....you are number one man on the guest list for when I save money to buy a Yenko but then not buy a Yenko I will instead spend my money on the promised strippers and Colts like posted above.

BAD LS1
12-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by yellow wagon
sweet....you are number one man on the guest list for when I save money to buy a Yenko but then not buy a Yenko I will instead spend my money on the promised strippers and Colts like posted above.

:rolf Yeah who the fuck would want to own one of those wrecks i mean come on.....??? Uhhh dont mind that orange car in my signature:goof LOL

J i think id personally rather have some Milwaukee's best or some Pabst blue ribbon... you know that stuff that puts hair on your chest?? since your going all out with the 14 strippers.

BAD LS1
12-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 97 z Me Go
Those are fast times for sure. Think of the extra power goodies windows seats...... and "cats". Also im sure some these cars could have been running lead gas(if its better I dont know)or good old SYNOCO(sp)? 101. Think if you took a ls1 today strapped slicks threw some headers on and ran it wide open tuned it BLAH BLAH...wonder what that would do.

Hey Tom whats your dads Yenko run? I know its not made for racing now but when there are reunions I know they go to the tracks sometimes.

Nope its show car, it see no action except driving on and off a trailer.... The old man gets WILD if runs anymore than 5 min at a time.

If i had to guess it would prolly runs somewhere in the low 14's in its current form but the old man might have a hear attack if the $4000 NOS 69' polyglas tires get spun over though.