PDA

View Full Version : Scam???!!

67-400
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey GRM-RPR, you thought your guy was bad.....look at this one. Over a matter of $30.00! :rolf :rolf May not be a scam, but sounds like he just wanted a freebie! Or he's just a plain old moron

Mike, thanks for your reply. I am not trying to be difficult but it looks like we won't be able to make this work. As I mentioned I won't get into Milwaukee until late on the 28th as I am traveling back from Argentina and then I have to meet some friends down in Racine on the 29th. I was hoping that after you cashed the check and it had cleared that you could just drop off the cover (simply leave it on her side porch) and she could bring it to me on the 29th.
Sorry for making this more difficult than it needed to be - I appreciate your time.

On Aug 5, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Mike Kramer wrote:

I understand that point of view, however i'm not sure that would make her feel anymore comfortable when an unknown person is coming to her very own house, vs my house? Would she be opposed to meeting elsewhere? I think you mentioned you used to live in Milwaukee, what about meeting at a public place off HWY 100? Say Target? Or Menards or ? Thats about 5 minutes from my house, probably near the same from her. Does that work? Thanks for your thoughts, I understand your position as well and would like to accomodate as much as I can. I'm not too comfortable/familiar with 54th & Lincoln. -Mike

--- On Tue, 8/5/08, Michael Hessler <mbhessler@gmail.com> wrote:

Mike, the problem is that my friend is a female and I don't want to ask her to pick something up from someone she does not know as she may be uncomfortable with this. Since I travel extensively and am also in the process of moving, I won't be back to Milwaukee until the 28th. I'm willing to send you a check and wait until it is convenient for you to drop the item off. I tried to find someone close to you to minimize your inconvenience, but if this won't work for you I fully understand. The problem is that I won't have time to pick it up before the 105th (when I'd like to use it). Can you think of any other options?

On 8/5/08, Mike Kramer <wasnt_me6978@yahoo.com> wrote:

I would prefer that your friend pick it up after the check clears, otherwise I will just wait for you when your up here. Thanks.

Mike, I can drop a check in the mail today for $30. I just need your address. Once you cash the check, could I ask that you drop the motorcycle cover off at your convenience to 54th street just off of Lincoln?

Yah, I don't see a problem with that. Preferrably, I would accept a certified check from the US Postal Service. From that point, as long as i have the $$ for it, I surely have no problem holding it for you until you arrive. Otherwise, I have no problem if your friend picks it up after the check clears. Let me know which you prefer. I will then forward you my address to send the check. Thanks. -Mike

Mike, let me describe my situation and see if we can make something work. I live in Arkansas but am moving back to Milwaukee. I will be up for the 105th anniversary, but don't get into Milwaukee until the 28th. Any chance I could send you a check (I trust you) and then once you cash the check, you could drop the cover off at a friend of mine who lives on 54th st. in West Allis? Let me know if this could work. Regards, Michael

Yes, it will fit an 03 Fatboy. The cover is brand new, never used. -Mike

--- On Mon, 8/4/08, Michael Hessler <mbhessler@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, is this cover still available? Will it fit a 2003 Fatboy? What kind of condition is it in?

GRM-REPR
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
What, women can't go and do things on their own, only men can go to strange houses to pick up something? Fvck this dickhead and don't correspond with him anymore. Yes, lots of jerkoffs out there, we seem to be running into a lot of them.

SSDude
08-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Tell him to bring cash on the 28th and arrange a meeting place.
All fixed:thumbsup

Nix
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Mike tell him to eat a fat D!ck and to disappear. :rolf

0TransAm0
08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
whats the big deal? he wants you to cash the check and drop it off for him at his friends house yippie.. charge him an extra ten bucks for gas and the time it takes you to drop it off or tell him that its pick up only. end of story...

Nix
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
^^^^Give me your hood, that is all.:)

67-400
08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
whats the big deal? he wants you to cash the check and drop it off for him at his friends house yippie.. charge him an extra ten bucks for gas and the time it takes you to drop it off or tell him that its pick up only. end of story...

Okay, I'll cash the check, drop off the cover, realize the check was counterfit, lose my motorcycle cover and die a slow painful irritating death because i've just fallen game to a scam where a fake cheap a55 homo like this douchebag can't even afford to pay the measly 30 bucks for a godd amm motorcycle cover and follow through with my 2 given options of picking up or meeting at Target! :thumbsup

I think thats what you meant by
tell him that its pick up only. end of story... ??

DirtyMax
08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
It's not a scam, he's just being a little weird.

Have him paypal you $32. That will settle it all and cover the 3.5% they're gonna take for a fee.

GRM-REPR
08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Mike, did he offer a reach-around? If so, you'd be getting the better end of the stick in that case......:devil

Sprayaway Fox
08-06-2008, 02:07 AM
That transactions going as smooth as a planecrash. Hate to be in that situation, good luck hope it works out:banana

fivonut
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
His female friend is afraid to come to your house but has no problem with YOU knowing her exact address so you could just "drop by" any time you wanted????

DirtyMax
08-06-2008, 11:58 AM
His female friend is afraid to come to your house but has no problem with YOU knowing her exact address so you could just "drop by" any time you wanted????

That's what I was thinking. This one's a bright one.

GRM-REPR
08-06-2008, 11:59 AM

x3

DirtyMax
08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
And like the girl can't float her friend $30 bucks til the end of the month and just pay this fella cash for the cover?!?!?!

Nix
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
And like the girl can't float her friend $30 bucks til the end of the month and just pay this fella cash for the cover?!?!?!

No shit, right? :rolf

0TransAm0
08-06-2008, 02:23 PM
^^^^Give me your hood, that is all.:)

NO! :goof