PDA

View Full Version : anybody running race gas on a two stroke

Trutildeathxxx
08-05-2008, 05:26 PM
have you noticed power loss running on race gas vs running pump gas, i have heard several instances of it and i think i am experiencing the same problem unless chad is a snake oil salesman.

wrath
08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I did. I lost power also. I don't think it burned fast enough. I found that Sunoco 94 was the best out there. Of course, no Sunoco 94 to be had here. And it's going away anyway, to be replaced with 93 octane that has ethanol in it.

modmachz
08-05-2008, 07:13 PM
have you noticed power loss running on race gas vs running pump gas, i have heard several instances of it and i think i am experiencing the same problem unless chad is a snake oil salesman.

We should have a race fuel class.
when and when not to use It.

I have a basic chart based on a nominal 4.000" Bore and compression ratios, What fuel should be used.

I see people all the time saying they need 110,112,116,even as high as 120 Motor octane. Than I ask them why and they cannot answer the question other than I like the smell and it has to make me faster???

If you put any type of higher octane fuel in any engine that is not setup to burn it you will compromise the peak performance drastically.

I myself run 116 nos torco because the engine was built with that fuel in mind, and dynoed to make sure that was the best fuel that made the most power throughout the complete run!

Remember boys and girls.
Compression ratios, Ignition Timing, Bore sizes all are the main factors of fuel octane to be used.:banana
Donny..

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 10:39 PM

lol, you fool you said you set your sled up for 110. Stop being a sally and spray on it.

BTW: I run Race gas in all of my 2 Stroke bikes, and never had such loss of power. Actually, one thing i have noticed was, buddies who run on pump gas go through plugs like crazy. I'm still on my same plug from last year! My plugs look great at the end of the day, and theirs dont.

juicedimpss
08-05-2008, 11:09 PM
you can run much leaner on c-16 than you can on pump 92. you are also able to add more ignition timing to realize the benefits of race fuel.

Trutildeathxxx
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
oh chad, im not calling you out at all, i just like taking any chance to bash you that i can, in theory and from what i heard and read from other people, it should have ran better but i may just be a wierd circumstance. i really think the only reason i notice it is because im running it on the quarter mile, the plugs do look perfect, and it runs solid but the top end it just falls, i think i may try to play around with a mixture.

love kyle:hump2:

lol, you fool you said you set your sled up for 110. Stop being a sally and spray on it.

BTW: I run Race gas in all of my 2 Stroke bikes, and never had such loss of power. Actually, one thing i have noticed was, buddies who run on pump gas go through plugs like crazy. I'm still on my same plug from last year! My plugs look great at the end of the day, and theirs dont.

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 11:34 PM
oh chad, im not calling you out at all, i just like taking any chance to bash you that i can, in theory and from what i heard and read from other people, it should have ran better but i may just be a wierd circumstance. i really think the only reason i notice it is because im running it on the quarter mile, the plugs do look perfect, and it runs solid but the top end it just falls, i think i may try to play around with a mixture.

love kyle:hump2:

LOL just you wait till you come in again. Im doing to hump your leg alright!

I've got a half opened 5gallon Pail of 110oct. One of these days we'll hit up the track and play with your pump gas to Race gas mixture. Plus that way i get to see your sexy ass in all leather :D :banana

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Think if i pay Greg and the boys off, they will let us ride 2-up on the track?!?!?! HAHAH thats funny right there :D

70 cutlass 442
08-05-2008, 11:56 PM
We should have a race fuel class.
when and when not to use It.

I have a basic chart based on a nominal 4.000" Bore and compression ratios, What fuel should be used.

I see people all the time saying they need 110,112,116,even as high as 120 Motor octane. Than I ask them why and they cannot answer the question other than I like the smell and it has to make me faster???

If you put any type of higher octane fuel in any engine that is not setup to burn it you will compromise the peak performance drastically.

I myself run 116 nos torco because the engine was built with that fuel in mind, and dynoed to make sure that was the best fuel that made the most power throughout the complete run!

Remember boys and girls.
Compression ratios, Ignition Timing, Bore sizes all are the main factors of fuel octane to be used.:banana
Donny..

thats it in a nutshell. I laugh at everyone that uses race fuel on a stock motor. just wasting money. They did a write up on one of my ATV magazines where they treid 92 octane pump gas and compared it to all the race gas on a stock motor, and the pump gas dynoed 1-2 more HP then anyother fuel,,,, even the fancy VP stuff that motosports factory gets like $75 for a 5 gal pail for it.....

forest
08-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Donny is right, you need more compression and/or more timing to get any use out of race gas. Kyle, what you outta do is run 93 octane on motor and make a separate fuel system that sprays c16 with the bottle :shades

Smokey1226
08-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Donny is right, you need more compression and/or more timing to get any use out of race gas. Kyle, what you outta do is run 93 octane on motor and make a separate fuel system that sprays c16 with the bottle :shades

+1 for that!

Sprayaway Fox
08-06-2008, 12:09 AM
I ran dirtbikes, wheelers, sleds and rebuilt them. We got 110 leaded up here. Its not worth it if it is stock. Smells nice but stupid. My bud went to MMI and the only way he told me is If you milled head, Higher comp piston, or a VERY good port job. Reeds and exhaust youll have to jump up on the main jet and set the needle a lil different for pump gas,but honestly not worth it for a trailriding sled. CLUTCHING IS KEY. Jus my 2 cents. Adding aftermarket parts usually make them unreliable with weather youll be carrying jets around everywhere so it wont pop.:thumbsup

Sprayaway Fox
08-06-2008, 12:18 AM
P.S. Sounds like a radar run sled, spend the good money on a pipe. The aftermarket ones are great but there is alot more in a pipe than what most people think 4 a 2 stroke application. Try to find a custom shop that has a sled dyno and build a pipe. you would be suprised, i think. Will be CRAZY LOUD though.

forest
08-06-2008, 12:27 AM
this guy goes 9.90 on the bottle on a slick track at GLD just so you know...... not exactly a trail sled......

Sprayaway Fox
08-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Okay, now I feel dumb. Its like the 14.0 guy telln the 9 second guy how to make his stuff go faster. My bad, sorry.