PDA

View Full Version : Need to transport some block

ND4SPD
08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Looks like I need to get down to Illinois to pick up some retaining wall block. It's going to be about 57 blocks which weigh 81lbs apiece so 4617lbs total. Anyone have a truck and trailer suitable for transporting that who might be willing to whore themselves out for an afternoon to help?

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Hmmm....ive got a Cummins + 14ft Enclosed that has pulled WAY more than 4617lbs! I could be up for hire

07ROUSHSTG3
08-05-2008, 11:07 AM
go to hertz and rent a longbed ranger. should be able to get it all in the bed.

ND4SPD
08-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I've got a request in for a more exact shipping estimate... if I have to rent something, with gas/diesel it may well exceed what I'd be paying just to have it shipped.

awsomeears
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Have a pro do it because if he/she would biff on the HWY then its coverd, imagine having a regular joe schmo do it and something would happen ?

You would be 100% ****ed :-0

Just my thought

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Good point, its worth the Insured company to just ship it for ya.

88Nightmare
08-05-2008, 10:45 PM
if im hauling my own brick and somethin happened, why wouldnt my insurance cover it? why would ND4SPD be responsible?

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 10:47 PM
if im hauling my own brick and somethin happened, why wouldnt my insurance cover it? why would ND4SPD be responsible?

:durr They were talking about if he had someone else go down and pick it up for him. Like someone on the forum or something.

88Nightmare
08-05-2008, 11:00 PM
yeah I still dont see the problem with that. How would anyone know that it isnt MY brick? and even if someone went and picked it up for him, its not like whoever is doing it would be a commercial carrier, just a friend helping a friend out. whoever is hauling it, if something flies off, it would be the drivers insurance taking the heat.

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
yeah I still dont see the problem with that. How would anyone know that it isnt MY brick? and even if someone went and picked it up for him, its not like whoever is doing it would be a commercial carrier, just a friend helping a friend out. whoever is hauling it, if something flies off, it would be the drivers insurance taking the heat.

I agree with ya 100%, but i think what they ment was it would be more of a Hassle to go to the insurance company if anything happened. versus just let the Company he bought the brick from fix the problem and let them deal with it.

I would pick his brick up in a heart beat for him, Wes is a super nice guy....but like he said To pay for diesel to drive down and back probably wont be worth it compared to haveing the company ship it right too him.

ND4SPD
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Well, it's looking like I will have to go down there either way as they will only ship a full skid of 40 blocks. So, I need to go down to get the other 17 blocks myself.

wrath
08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
What the heck do they look like to weigh that much? Maybe someone would be interested in buying the other 23 blocks? I don't know what kind of bargain you're getting but blocks that size aren't cheap which is why I'm guessing your buying it from the Flat and Dying Land (TM).

PonyKiller87
08-06-2008, 03:37 PM
What the heck do they look like to weigh that much? Maybe someone would be interested in buying the other 23 blocks? I don't know what kind of bargain you're getting but blocks that size aren't cheap which is why I'm guessing your buying it from the Flat and Dying Land (TM).

I was thinking the same thing, are you getting these things whole sale or something? I might be interested, if nothing else in the company. Ive been looking at doing some retaining wall around my place but I just cant see spending $5 a block for the small ones at Home Depot.

ND4SPD
08-06-2008, 07:13 PM
The blocks are going to be about $10 each. I have to get these to finish a wall that was started several years ago. I doubt they're wholesale priced, but this is the only place in a 150 mile radius that has them.