PDA

View Full Version : `08 BCM Golf Outing...??? ===> FEELER THREAD INSIDE...!!!

Car Guy
08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
This is just a feeler thread to see if there's any interest in getting a BCM golf outing together. I would be willing to help out as much as possible to make it happen but can't do all of the work myself. I think that sometime mid-late September would be ideal for many reasons but that's just me.....

If you are interested in participating or just have some good ideas on when/where/how to make something like this happen please speak up. I would like to get as many ideas as possible on the table so don't hold back, the response to this thread will most likely determine if it will happen or not. I'd really like to see something come together and would for sure be there come hell or high water.....:headbang

FORE...!!!
~Justin :devil

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

lit666
08-04-2008, 03:46 PM
that would be fun, I'm down

PureSound15
08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm down

stenchmiester
08-04-2008, 04:21 PM
im down

Smokey1226
08-04-2008, 04:36 PM
You already know im down, once we get more info....i can pull some of my connections on prices/courses.

stealthy1ss
08-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I would be down for something like this. I work at Evergreen Golf Club in Elkhorn on the weekends and could possibly get a hook up. I also know the Superintendent of Morning Star in Mukwonago.

mr.gone1985
08-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Evergreen would be great. Il ove that course. It would be good for all levels of players.

Breecher_7
08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Im in..... I suck at golf but I can drink the hell out of a beer and drive a golf cart!!!! :alcoholic

Car Guy
08-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Could someone with the authority please change the `09 in the thread title to 2008. I must not have taken my stupid pills when I posted this and just realized it.....:chair:

Thanks,
~Justin :thumbsup

WickedSix
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I'd be in, be fun to have two man scramble imho :thumbsup

Car Guy
08-04-2008, 08:01 PM
^^^ That's what I would like to do.....:drool:

Trutildeathxxx
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
how about disc golfing instead

michelle
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I can totally rock a golf cart, but I like Kettle Hills!

0TransAm0
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
id be down if it was on the south side of milwaukee or in oak creek area... im not that good tho so if we did like groups of 3 or pairs i think they should be split up on the skill level that way its more fun.. .

theavenger333
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
in for golf. depending on how many people we get, maybe just a fun time a few foursomes, otherwise a scramble would be fun. it's more fun overall, not as much pressure on your score

PureSound15
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I love playing a scramble, it's more inviting to those who may not play as much as others.

theavenger333
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
^^ indeed. when i go with buddies, we tend to scramble more then anything, WAY too much emphasis is put on exact scores and such, i got tired of that crap a few years ago. a scramble focuses more on hitting good shots, and having fun.

0TransAm0
08-04-2008, 09:33 PM
what is a "scramble" i usually just play with my dad and we don't always count "all" of our shots but we are consistant with what we do and don't....

Beagle
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I might be down but I dont have good clubs.

Beagle
08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Where is this happening at?

WickedSix
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
in a scramble everyone on your team takes a tee shot...then you determine the best shot and you all play from there for the next shot....you determine the best shot made and you play from there again and so on if you have two man teams you have two chances for a decent shot...the bigger the teams the more likely someone on the team will hit a decent shot to play the next shot from. It makes golfing alot more fun because scores are lower and play is 'generally' quicker.... I play a couple charity shotgun scrambles year and always have a blast :thumbsup

Car Guy
08-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Where is this happening at?

Not sure yet, as this point it's really just a thought but suggestions are more than welcome.....

awsomeears
08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm not the greatest but I still love the Game !!!

I'm in :)

Beagle
08-04-2008, 10:06 PM
in a scramble everyone on your team takes a tee shot...then you determine the best shot and you all play from there for the next shot....you determine the best shot made and you play from there again and so on if you have two man teams you have two chances for a decent shot...the bigger the teams the more likely someone on the team will hit a decent shot to play the next shot from. It makes golfing alot more fun because scores are lower and play is 'generally' quicker.... I play a couple charity shotgun scrambles year and always have a blast :thumbsup

That sounds like it would be a good idea.

Smokey1226
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Looks like we have a great start. As for course, its all depends on what general area everyone wants to play. I can work my Magic at any course around my area but MOST on BCM would have to travel quite a bit to get down here.

So the best bet would be somewhere in the middle of all of us. And car pooling would also work if we all are going to be drinking. <<< I dont drink/drive due to CDL Hazmat ect

But like i said, im down. Lets make this happen

Beagle
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
we need to pick a course. Do we want a big course like Grant park a little course or what? theres Grant Park, Warnimont, Isnt there a course on loomis in Muskego?? Woodlawn, Oak Wood or Oak Hills I think its called. Raymond heights a short small 9 holer lol.... I cant think of any other courses right now. just putting some names out there. Are we going to do 9 or 18 holes?

Smokey1226
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
We gotta play 18, it wouldnt be right only playing 9!

I say we go to whatever course has the Hottest car girls!

Beagle
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM
We gotta play 18, it wouldnt be right only playing 9!

I say we go to whatever course has the Hottest car girls!

^^ x2. Crawlin probably knows exactly where that is :rolf

WickedSix
08-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd recommend fairways at woodside or morning star .... both aren't horribly overpriced...both have good sites to see ;) decent layouts and some challenging holes....tho i'm leaning toward morning star cus I always lose a ball in the woods on the back nine at fairways on the effing par 5 trying to carry it over the bend.... fVckn tree gets taller every year dangit

Smokey1226
08-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I'd recommend fairways at woodside or morning star .... both aren't horribly overpriced...both have good sites to see ;) decent layouts and some challenging holes....tho i'm leaning toward morning star cus I always lose a ball in the woods on the back nine at fairways on the effing par 5 trying to carry it over the bend.... fVckn tree gets taller every year dangit

It def wouldnt be the first time i cut a free down on the course :banana

jbiscuit
08-05-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm in. Silver Spring Country Club does a TON of outtings for what its worth. Its their specialty. If you can guarantee a certain # of people to play, I bet they can work something.

No little piss course also would be my feeling. Thats no fun to play all short par 4s and 3s.

Other courses to consider:
Whitnall Park
Willow Run
Western Lakes
Ives Grove

I also think a 2-man scramble is a great idea. I'd suggest letting us pick our own teams so there is some competition.....and for those not concerned with winning, there can be a door price for worst team score, shortest drive, etc.

Beagle
08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I dont really care where we'd go cause I have fun golfing everywhere. Wouldnt mind going somewhere new.

CobraSnake
08-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Im in..... I suck at golf but I can drink the hell out of a beer and drive a golf cart!!!! :alcoholic

same here I suck(well not all the times) but I love going and just drinking and having a good time. Otherwise I would never golf.

Mark

How about disc golf instead

I would also be down for this sometime. The disc's are only like 10 bucks and all the courses are free.

Mark

Car Guy
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I would also prefer to have 2-person teams if we do the best ball method (aka scramble). I have played in at least 10 4-person scrambles and I feel 4 people on a team is too many. I think it would go quicker/easier/smoother with 2 people playing one ball instead of 4.....

So I vote for 2 person teams.....:headbang

CobraSnake
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I would also prefer to have 2-person teams if we do the best ball method (aka scramble). I have played in at least 10 4-person scrambles and I feel 4 people on a team is too many. I think it would go quicker/easier/smoother with 2 people playing one ball instead of 4.....

So I vote for 2 person teams.....:headbang

plus with 4 people you have a better chance of not being the good golfer of the group. So you could just be using that one guy thats really good ball the whole game. I say we swtich it up each shot. Best ball and worst ball. So even the shitty players feel wanted.

Mark

Car Guy
08-05-2008, 10:37 AM
^^^ That's an idea but I don't think it would work with the 'best ball' theme. I do agree that sometimes one golfer can carry the whole team but that all depends on who is on your team. In creating teams (of 2 or 4) I would rather draw names out of a hat instead of putting them together ourselves. I've seen it both ways and the 'hat' method is the all around better way to go for soo many reasons, but mainly the 'fun & fairness' aspect.....

Now every best ball outing I've been to the names were picked previous to the starting tee times, which is OK but it's kind of boring. To make it interesting we could have everybody 'shotgun' ready on the first tee and pick names right before the tee times. You wouldn't know who your partner or team is until you were ready to tee off in front of EVERYBODY. I know it would be a little harder to get everybody organized but it could also be a LOT more interesting with everybody standing there waiting to go while watching everybody else hack away.....:stare

jbiscuit
08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree it might be more "interesting" to have a random team made but at the same time, I'd rather have one of my friends from here as a teammate IMO. There are so many members here now on BCM that getting paired up with someone you don't even know would be lame for both people I would think

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree it might be more "interesting" to have a random team made but at the same time, I'd rather have one of my friends from here as a teammate IMO. There are so many members here now on BCM that getting paired up with someone you don't even know would be lame for both people I would think

true, but not when you have big groups. We are all going to be packed up anyways so your always going to be around friends. Plus this way you get to meet new people.

Also- NO way can people pick pairs. That would be a terrible idea. The Hat thing works great, however i would throw in that if 2 people pick eachother from that hat but know they BOTH are good golfers than put one name back in the hat and let the person pick again. Honesty here people

jbiscuit
08-05-2008, 11:31 AM
why? don't you want to have some decent teams to make this more of a competition? Any golf outing you play in allows you to make your own team. If you want to compete, put together a good team. Not everyone will care about winning...so allow them to play with a friend to drink/have a good time. I would think someone that has never golfed before would like to select their own teammate as much as someone that golfs 5 days a week

Car Guy
08-05-2008, 11:31 AM

Well you might not be paired up with someone you 'know' but you'll be playing with 2 other people. It would be two teams of 2 for every foursome (if we go that route), so if anything you might be playing with someone you know just not on your team. If not I think it would be a great chance to meet someone new, and you can learn a LOT about someone on the course.....

true, but not when you have big groups. We are all going to be packed up anyways so your always going to be around friends. Plus this way you get to meet new people.

Also- NO way can people pick pairs. That would be a terrible idea. The Hat thing works great, however i would throw in that if 2 people pick eachother from that hat but know they BOTH are good golfers than put one name back in the hat and let the person pick again. Honesty here people

To make it easier we could have nametags with our real names along with our BCM screen name. I know that would help me out a bunch as I've met only a few people from here in person.....

One thing I wouldn't do is re-pick names, and even if two 'good' golfers get paired up. This is not really meant to be a competition :shades and picking out of a hat is about as fair as you can make it. Not to mention everybody's definition of a 'good' golfer is different so I say let the 'hat' decide it and leave it at that.....

why? don't you want to have some decent teams to make this more of a competition? Any golf outing you play in allows you to make your own team. If you want to compete, put together a good team. Not everyone will care about winning...so allow them to play with a friend to drink/have a good time. I would think someone that has never golfed before would like to select their own teammate as much as someone that golfs 5 days a week

Well we should put that subject up for a vote then.....

Smokey1226
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Sounds good lets make it happen.

Car Guy
08-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I have a bunch of ideas written down and will post up a poll thread (soon) allowing everybody to vote, so we'll see what the majority says.....

theavenger333
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
best ball is different than Scramble, just an FYI. best ball, everyone plays the hole and you take the best score. scramble you all hit, pick the best shot, then all play from that spot.

Car Guy
08-06-2008, 08:17 AM
^^^ Didn't know that, I thought they were the same.....:goof

PureSound15
08-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Yep, a scramble will work much better considering the amount of drinking that I believe we are all capable of.

CobraSnake
08-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Yep, a scramble will work much better considering the amount of drinking that I believe we are all capable of.

best comment ever!!!!

Memphis
08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I'd be in if the date is open.....and we dont play Ives Grove! Had a real bad experience there. Oak Hills is only a 9 hole and warnimont is a short course. Other than that, its cool....as long as I dont have to be even remotely good!!:goof

Crawlin
08-06-2008, 02:52 PM
play 3 flag best ball :) THAT was interesting if you want to set up teams. Evens things out when you have a multiple handicap team.

1 foursome.

on the red flags(tee is up) you take the 1 best score

on the white flags(tee is middle of green) you take the 2 best scores

on the blue flags(tee is back) you take the 3 best scores

then add them all together.

it keeps teams from REALLY running away with the scoring. hard to have 3/4 of the team ALL hit par

usually, with best ball you all hit from the best drive though(or atleast that's kinda what i've played previously)

CobaltSSTuner
08-06-2008, 03:16 PM
i'm so down as long as we get a date figured out!

CobaltSSTuner
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
i've been called the white version of tiger woods

stealthy1ss
08-06-2008, 05:28 PM
i've been called the white version of tiger woods

I have played golf with you and you suck!!! Don't try fooling anyone either. :rolf